Author Topic: Greg Egbert/movieposterbargains/PosterWorld - love or hate?  (Read 159251 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Re: Greg Egbert/movieposterbargains/PosterWorld - love or hate?
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2010, 08:32:06 PM »
this strange Greg guy was good by me.

You should call him up for kicks.  I called him one time a year ago with an issue and he went on a 30 minute monologue about life, the universe, and everything.  Among other things, he claimed he hired a bunch of homeless people to repair Lord of the Rings posters.

Posterodyssey

« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2012, 03:35:21 AM »
I think ya just had to have been their ,Mel.If you coulda seen some of his listings back then ya might have a different view.
Really,it comes down to character.His past fakes (star wars, spidey) ect...,numerous misleading listings,several ebay closed accounts ect...they speak to trust.
Can I trust if a fake comes his way he's got my interest in mind?Like trustworthy dealers we know.Past activity says no.
Should point out,eggman was never a seller with numerous fakes like loce but,there was a few.Think he had a few minties too.Just a couple,nothing like loce.
I haven't checked out his stuff lately but apparently he's not selling any skeptical material now so that's a good thing.
Maybe he's seen the light..I don't know.

What I do know is this is probally the most ironic tread ever.

Anthony

Offline Hallucination Generation

• Collector
Re:
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2012, 05:50:26 PM »
Are Movieposterbargains (Greg) and Dragonbirdlw (Jay) the same company?
Their listings are identical and I asked Jay the question one time. He said that Greg and him used to be partners but split up as Greg's a dick. Fair enough i thought.
Today however, I've learned that they work together in some capacity.

I bought some posters from Movieposterbargains in May/June and they all turned up - incorrect (3x SS instead of DS) and the rest crushed and stained yellow from ageing. I sent him photos of the damage. It was plain to see. Ended up opening a case only to protect my payment and i told them that. Everything was fine until recently. The messages going back and forth were pleasant and i thought it would get sorted. I never asked for, nor expected to be fully refunded but the posters weren't near "at least near mint" so i asked for a compromise, they are VGC at best. I didn't know what i wanted the outcome to be.

Turns out the nice messages were from Jay. (Y'know, the person who doesn't work there and by all accounts is a nice guy)
But now Greg has took over and this is the last one.

"your a obvious fraud and your history shows it , how about your recent negative feedback to another seller your pathetic dishonest conniving loser who claims your a liar in his positive feedback the only way he can express it . you cant call ebay you pathetic loser and your days of this stuff are very very numbered -you are now under investigation as i am able to call Ebay and have pointed out your record which they can see needs investigating . jay never said those things just more lies from a awful person with no integrity . as far as these false claims you can return the posters or not , but if you do i will have witnesses on hand and the tubes will be opened in front of them and the proper police incident report filed immediately to start my claim to Ebay and paypal that your refund be refused because of the condition of there return . Ebay said about your past record that it shows a history of your leaving lots of negatives and problems thats going to be looked at now"

I woke to eight of these type of messages this morning. Is he a crackhead?
Here's my response after i had read all of them...

"You're a psycho mate. Seriously, take your meds, you've missed a pill or five. How does my history show I'm a fraud? You can't see my account history but i will tell you that I've had one case opened against me by a twat like you for a 99p item but i fixed it unlike you are doing now. My feedback is the only thing you can see. The recent negative i left is as accurate as the one i left you a minute ago.
I was trying to sort things out with Jay i now understand, so i never left feedback for the first 4 posters. And what makes you think i can't i call ebay and talk to the delightful Irish lass like I did 15 minutes ago? You think only big sellers like you can call ebay? You're a moron.
The time with Jay that the posters arrived damaged was sorted. He saw the photo's and he gave me two to make up for it which arrived fine. And what is all the rubbish about being under investigation, having my account looked at and having people there when you open the tubes? You're a tube.
Revoke my account? Who do you think you are? King of ebay? My account won't be touched, and do you know why? Because I'm not the one who sends out posters, doesn't pack them right or check them to see if they were in fact correct, and "at least near mint". That would be YOU..... I'm the guy who handed over money in good faith and got nothing but damaged, aged posters and a lot of accusations and name calling. And just so Ebay and I are clear on what you are saying. You state that  "the proper police incident report  (will be) filed immediately to start my claim to Ebay and paypal that your refund be refused because of the condition of there return".  So, when they are returned to you will say they are damaged?? YOU KNOW THEY ARE, YOU SENT THEM OUT LIKE THAT!!
It's no wonder you leave this stuff to Jay as you spout some utter pish when you type. Are you high?  This is the last thing I'm saying on this subject. You sent me flawed, damaged and aged posters and are refusing to take responsibilty for it. I'll leave it in ebay's hands. *Oh and i still have Jay's emails to me :)"

*I told him Jay said he was a dick in a previous response, i never knew they still worked together.

Anyway he is accusing me making a career of buying from sellers then claiming the items are damaged. Whenever this happens photos are taken and sent. I think we can all agree that buying from another country does cause some parcels to get damaged. Just so happens that these got damaged due to bad packing and not the carrier.
I called ebay and they are on my side. They even asked for the photos i took.
I'm not responding to the case anymore but it will continue.

So to sum up, he's a tit.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2012, 08:52:37 PM »
Wait let me get this straight - his messages to you WERE NOT IN ALL CAPITALS?  :o

You're a lucky guy!
Chris

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2012, 09:44:14 PM »
 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1
 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1

Awesome!

Thanks for the laugh, dude, this is great.  Egbert doesn't need meds, he needs a lobotomy, pure and simple.  The guy is completely out of his mind.  I wouldn't be surprised if he had a split personality disorder and Jay and him were the same person.

I do miss my fights with him.  They always made me so happy.

One question, though.  Why did you buy from him?  Haven't you read enough on the guy?

T
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 09:45:26 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2012, 09:47:09 PM »
I was going to ask the same question Thierry (i.e. WHY oh WHY did he buy from him) but I see HG only joined in late May...
Chris

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2012, 10:20:35 PM »
F*ckin' Egbert.
What a tool.
 cheers

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2012, 11:29:52 PM »
Wow.  Hopefully everything else is going well for you, HG.

On a more positive note!  :D

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2012, 11:34:39 PM »
Ohh haha rick.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

• Collector
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2012, 08:44:10 AM »
Well it seems ebay like BIG sellers.

I got a warning from ebay's buyer protection program today. That's right, ME!!!

The accurate feedback i left for the posters was removed, as was the one for the Dark Knight Rises quad poster transaction that was cancelled, as was a neutral left for a seller of bmx tyres after he didn't reply to my 4 messages and finally, they removed a negative feedback i left for a seller who sold me a 'Not For Resale' copy of Apple software even though ebay believed and refunded me. It was advertised as a new and sealed retail copy but he only sent this used one when i asked for a refund after 17 days.

Unbelievable. One call from this fucking twat and i get all this done to my account.

He sends me damaged posters and i get the penalty.
I can see now why the fake sellers get away with everything now.

God damn fucking $#@^% arsehole ball licking bastards!@£@!%@$£&*^*$^&*

Fuck.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 09:39:56 AM by Hallucination Generation »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2012, 09:14:38 AM »
It's total BS HG I agree...but put it down as a lesson learned.

DON'T buy from these guys and their ilk!
Chris

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2012, 09:25:30 AM »
I got a warning from ebay's buyer protection program today. That's right, ME!!!

That does sound all screwed up. What was the warning you got?

• Collector
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2012, 09:38:07 AM »
That does sound all screwed up. What was the warning you got?

It was a 'MC017: Ebay buyer Protection Program Warning' which says:

To keep eBay a fair place for all members, we regularly review buying and selling activity to make sure members are following eBay policies

In reviewing your account we found:

If you have a problem with an item, we encourage you to contact the seller first to work out a solution. You can do this by clicking the "Ask a question" link near the bottom of the listing. For more information about contacting your seller, go to: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/contact.html

There are no changes to your account at this time. However, if the current pattern of activity continues, you may be subject to a range of actions, including limits of your buying privileges, suspension of your account and coverage under the eBay Buyer Protection Policy.

END.

You'll notice that there is no actual details in the space above.
I've contacted ebay US and they say they are 'investigating' but that will come to nothing. They can't reinstate the feedback.
I don't understand how they can just delete that feedback i left. It was accurate and had nothing to do with this case. Plus in one of them ebay UK refunded me the money i paid so it was obvious they believed me.

I'm fed up with ebay. They forget that it's the millions of small traders who make it.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 09:40:31 AM by Hallucination Generation »

• Collector
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2012, 09:43:16 AM »
Email just in right now even though i never sent him one.

Hello, I recieved and am responding to your email copied into this email
below . If you want to ask me anything further please feel free to call
me anytime 24 hrs a day 7 days a week 818-901-1943 home or 310-500-9898
cell or 818-901-7100 warehouse.

its a week ago the same feedback story you sleazy lowlife headache of a
loser only 1 week ago same story !! , and your the awful no integrity
pos from no education either land that prattles on and on and think
your long record of being a lying conniving just plain stupid douche
bag isn't there - your a fraud you pathetic loser , its time to shut up
you 2 digit iq criminal and stop trying to rip sellers off . those
poster were no more damaged then the last batch jay sent you and
according to him you said the same crap about them on that order your
scum its that simple and too stupid too even be embarassed about
yourself i suppose. the photo's speak for themselves there is no
yellowing on the posters at all or ultra little and only the natural
appearance of the posters , and i'm sick of replying to your lies your
negative is gone , your going to be watched closely from now on , so
shut up stop your bs and get a life loser.  you would i'm sure know all
about fakes , since your one of them. nuf said .

TIME TO shut up and get lost , you a sad excuse for a human being and
they surely know it by now your poor embarassed parents you god awful
mess i feel sorry for them they are probably nice people you should be
ashamed of yourself.

Greg Egbert Owner of Posterworld .     
Please make a favorite or bookmark my website now ,if you've lost it -
it's
http://shop.vendio.com/comicod

Visit My Store: POSTERWORLD  . Over 300,000 Movie Posters in stock from
1909 to Present. NOT A FAKE SELLER - http://shop.vendio.com/comicod/

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2012, 09:58:47 AM »
It's a shame you are in another country to him. If you were in the US I guess you have the added possibility of going to the police or tasking some kind of legal steps. Ebay isn't the be all and end all when a purchase doesn't turn out to be what you expected to get. There must be other consumer protection channels (in the US) a US citizen can pursue outside of ebay.

I am just wondering if GE forwarded your message(s) for him to Ebay, which may have caused their reaction. Maybe send them his emails if you haven't, though not sure if that will do much... :(

• Collector
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2012, 10:06:44 AM »
It's a shame you are in another country to him. If you were in the US I guess you have the added possibility of going to the police or tasking some kind of legal steps. Ebay isn't the be all and end all when a purchase doesn't turn out to be what you expected to get. There must be other consumer protection channels (in the US) a US citizen can pursue outside of ebay.

I am just wondering if GE forwarded your message(s) for him to Ebay, which may have caused their reaction. Maybe send them his emails if you haven't, though not sure if that will do much... :(

All my messages were sent through the open case channel, as were his. Except for the last. I have forwarded his email to me, onto ebay using those same channels.
I think it's all because i made the mistake, unintentionally of buying some of the posters through ebay US and not the UK side.

If i lived in the US i would go down and stamp on his head. I'm a Scotsman don't you know, that's how we roll.  ;)

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2012, 01:31:43 PM »
Greg Egbert Owner of Posterworld .     
Please make a favorite or bookmark my website now ,if you've lost it -
it's
http://shop.vendio.com/comicod

Visit My Store: POSTERWORLD  . Over 300,000 Movie Posters in stock from
1909 to Present. NOT A FAKE SELLER - http://shop.vendio.com/comicod/

laugh1

Sorry,first of all I know I shouldn`t laugh but this bit made me crease myself...

Stew

• Collector
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2012, 02:01:38 PM »
Caps lock have appeared and get this, he's offering to forgive and forget (Me) if i pay a fine  >:(

WHAT THE HELL , HERE IT IS , IF YOU WANT TO BUY FROM IT YOU OWE ME 60
DOLLARS FOR THE 6 HOURS YOU'VE WASTED OF MINE ON THIS SHIT . YOU CAN
PAY OVER 3 ORDERS THIS FINE OR YOU CAN GO WITHOUT , AND I WONT SEND ANY
ORDER OVER 140 DOLLARS . AND THEY WOULD BE FULLY INSURED AT FULL VALUE

This came to my email address right after another of his accusatory filled rantings with caps lock of course  ;)
I might just fly back over to LA and 'pay' this in person.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2012, 02:05:38 PM »
That might be the best one yet!  CAPS LOCK - YEEES!

I think it's great that he values his time at $10 per hour but maybe since you're clearly in the wrong HG you should just go ahead and pay him $10.50...
Chris

Charlie

« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2012, 04:01:59 PM »
Just escalate the claim and let ebay decide...

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2012, 08:31:13 PM »
Just escalate the claim and let ebay decide...

What he said
David

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #96 on: July 17, 2012, 09:45:36 PM »
Didn't eBay already decide basically by pulling the feedback?
Chris

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #97 on: July 17, 2012, 09:49:10 PM »
I believe in Karma now BTW bruce.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2012, 12:52:11 AM »
Caps lock have appeared and get this, he's offering to forgive and forget (Me) if i pay a fine  >:(

WHAT THE HELL , HERE IT IS , IF YOU WANT TO BUY FROM IT YOU OWE ME 60
DOLLARS FOR THE 6 HOURS YOU'VE WASTED OF MINE ON THIS SHIT . YOU CAN
PAY OVER 3 ORDERS THIS FINE OR YOU CAN GO WITHOUT , AND I WONT SEND ANY
ORDER OVER 140 DOLLARS . AND THEY WOULD BE FULLY INSURED AT FULL VALUE

This came to my email address right after another of his accusatory filled rantings with caps lock of course  ;)
I might just fly back over to LA and 'pay' this in person.

I'd forward this one to Ebay also.
Friggin' maggot-snapper needs a beatdown.

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2012, 01:02:23 AM »
" AND THEY WOULD BE FULLY INSURED AT FULL VALUE"

Did you ask for your order to be declared with a lower value to avoid VAT?
An Error Has Occurred!