Author Topic: Greg Egbert/movieposterbargains/PosterWorld - love or hate?  (Read 158647 times)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
Re: Greg Egbert/movieposterbargains/PosterWorld - love or hate?
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2009, 03:45:42 AM »
Don't forget Rick Toler.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

guest8

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 09:34:56 AM »
I think Mel and I are of similar ages as far as poster collecting goes .. And I can see where he is coming from given his recent good experience .. But i have also personally seen how Eggy converse on public forums when called out on specific instances. So, as far as knowing that hes ripped people off I cant prove a thing but I personally wouldnt want to deal with someone that reacts to and treats people the way that he does. To me its about personal interaction .. I wouldnt want to deal with a sales person of any kind that is rude to me.. So on that point alone I refuse to buy anything from him.

So this case may be won by swaying the jury with emotion rather than facts of law ;)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2010, 01:01:50 AM »
I can't believe this guy is getting this much airtime and he hasn't even come around!  He is the true definition of "infamous".
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2010, 03:44:45 PM »
Just say his name three times and he'll appear  ;)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2010, 10:39:00 PM »
The original F13 is absolutely 27x41.
Like some other things, that extra inch can make all the difference.
Phil

Going back to this topic, 123-liquidation is selling rolled 27x41 Friday the 13th posters for $60.  The seller says his 27x41s are legit NSS overstock and that the 27x40s were "fan club reprints":

I had quite a few come in last March - I've almost run out - I have not had one unhappy customer or one return - the 'union bug' on this is really neat - you can see the "GCIU Continental Litho, Cleveland Ohio, Local 506" in these teeny-tiny little letters - really intricate union bug. It is not reproducible by a scanner - you seriously need a jeweler's eyepiece & you can see all the little tiny writing around the GCIU union bug. This ISN'T a bootleg - its licensed NSS manufactured material. These came out of Chicago, I know a guy who worked at National Screen for 20+ years - he lost his home in the Countrywide scandal & sold me the last few thousand one-sheets he had in storage. Its a great sheet - check my feedback page - everyone has been very happy with them. Good stuff!

A mint rolled copy of Friday the 13th sold for $380 last year on Heritage, so this is a pretty good deal if it's legit - and it seems to be.  I'm not into horror films myself or I'd get it myself.

scartacus

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2010, 01:31:29 PM »
I bought a Breakfast Club one sheet from 123 liquidation and it all panned out okay. Another MPFer had serious problems with them though -- bad packaging that caused serious damage

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2010, 07:09:07 PM »
I also had bad packaging from 123-liquidation - for a seriously overgraded DS Shawshank Redemption - I had to throw it away.

Mark

wonka

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2010, 08:56:03 PM »
Worst packaging known to man (not sure it can get worse), and one of the slimiest jerks to deal with to boot.

LuboCZ

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2010, 01:16:42 PM »
Worst packaging known to man (not sure it can get worse), and one of the slimiest jerks to deal with to boot.

Looks like I will have to try him out. Prices are unbeatable and he seems to do good job now even in packaging (according to feedback).

I have placed only 2 orders on ebay so far. From them one was disaster and posters arrived a little bit damaged since there were no tissues in the ends, no plastic wrap, end caps weren´t pinned. One side could be opened just like that because of the torn sticky tape. Roll of posters held together by sticked half of the poster, freely moving inside the tube. This shipment was from valued and recommended ebayer ???

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2010, 06:17:19 PM »
Looks like I will have to try him out. Prices are unbeatable and he seems to do good job now even in packaging (according to feedback).

Yeah, dude, don't believe all the hype about Egbert. I've bought 20 posters from him on four different occasions. Each time they showed up quickly with excellent packaging and they're all originals to the best of my knowledge. Most of his critics on this board have never actually purchased from him. 

He's virtually the ONLY dealer whose "buy it now" prices match the average auction price. I got this rolled ROTJ (non-NSS) recently from him for $49.  It's positively original (w/silver metallic lettering) and ridiculously cheap. Emovie has sold this exact poster for $116, $148, and $71 recently.

He's also one of the few dealers you can directly call (310-500-9898) if you have a problem.

He's done himself a real disservice by getting on these boards and acting incoherent.  But really he's just a big GOOBER - check out this posting:

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2010, 06:20:24 PM »
not sure if this is the funniest thread ever, but seems ironic, that HHR and Eatbries site has people sticking up for eggy, good luck fellas.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2010, 08:58:22 PM »
Seriously!!!  I feel sick in my stomach.

I like Mel and all, but to promote Eggplant, one of the worst dealers out there, it makes me puck in my mouth, just a little bit.

By the way, Mel, this is no hype, and YES, I have purchased from the freak.  Dozens of people can tell you about HORRIBLE experiences they have had with this individual.  

Thanks Ari for pointing it out.

Thierry

PS: Can anyone tell us how many Ebay accounts he had revoked for having too many negs?  I know of 4, but there may be more.

PS2: Hey Mel, is he actually paying you to promote his shit?  I mean EVERYONE in the poster collecting hobby know to avoid EGGY boy like Herpes, so for you to actually go out there and promote him...  I mean, it's such a stretch, you must get something in return.  I can't think of another reason.  Seriously.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2010, 09:26:37 PM »
Good times!!!

PLEASE, EGGY, if you read this, come and join.  I miss you!

There has been so many threads from the people he cheated...  I like these answers because they mention ME, and as you all know, I like the attention.

Here are a few tirades from this great, great man:

I AM GREG EGBERT , I AM SINGULAR DUDE YOU DEFINITELY AREN'T ME ! , I JUST WANT PEOPLE WHO DO A SEARCH UNDER MY NAME TO SEE MORE THEN JUST WHAT THIERRY AND ANTHONY AND THE FEW OTHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT ME . THE FACT THAT THESE LOSERS ARE ONLY NOTICABLE IN THE POSTER BUSINESS HERE AT THE MOVIEPOSTERFORUM IS EVIDENT TO ANYONE OF SUBSTANCE IN THE BIZ . THE FACT THAT WHAT THEY SAY IS SO SLOPPY A FABRICATION LIKE THE SPECIES II BLURB IS PLAIN ENOUGH PROOF ESPECIALLY AFTER I'VE EXPOSED THESE FRAUDS , THEY ARE THE SLEAZY NO INTEGRITY LOUDMOUTH DOUCHE BAGS IN THE BIZ NOT ME - ME - CHECK ME OUT READERS OF THIS http://shop.vendio.com/comicod . THIS WEBSITE IS QUITE OBVIOUSLY THE NICEST ON THE INTERNET BAR NONE ! ANYONE DISAGREE ? I'D SERIOUSLY LOVE TO BE TOLD OF ONE BETTER , MY PRICES , MY SELECTION, MY HIGH RESOLUTION SCANS ON ALMOST ALL 13,500 ITEMS - MANY WITH MULTIPLE CLOSE-UPS - IS UNSURPASSED . MY WHOLESALE LIST OF THE 2400 TITLES FROM THE LAST 30 YEARS I HAVE IN LARGE QUANTITY IS ALSO UNSURPASSED , ONE DEALER HAS 1.7 MILLION POSTERS FROM THIS PERIOD BUT HIS OPERATION IS A TRAIN WRECK , ISN'T IT? THE ONLY OTHER MAJOR WHOLESALER I KNOW IS PAUL SUMMMERS AND HE USUALLY STOCKS A POSTER FOR BETWEEN 15 TO 25 SECONDS . I HAVE APPRX. 70 PERCENT OF THE TITLES I HAD FOR SALE 20 YEARS AGO STILL ! THERE IS NO COMPARISON TO ANYONE ELSE . I AM THE MOST IMPORTANT SOURCE FOR MOVIE POSTERS FROM THE LAST 30 YEARS , SO IF YOUR IN THE BUSINESS , DON'T BE PUT OFF BY THESE ARROGANT CLOWNS ANTHONY AND THIERRY - THEY'RE NOT BEING HONEST WHEN THEY MAKE COMMENTS , I TAKE SOME TIME TO SHIP ORDERS BY GOLLY I DO !! AND PLACES LIKE THE DUDE AT MOVIEPOSTERS.COM AND MANY OTHERS ARE pi**ed !! I DON'T SHIP FAST ENOUGH FOR THERE LIKING AND UNTIL I'VE BEEN PAID , WE'LL IF THESE POSTER PEONS WANTED TO ACTUALLY POINT OUT SOMETHING NEGATIVE AND TRUE ABOUT ME -LET THEM WHINE ABOUT HOW LONG IT TAKES ME TO SHIP . UNTIL I GET MORE STAFF THAT WHAT YOU NEED TO ACCEPT IF YOU WANT MY LOW PRICES AND GREAT STUFF !!! CALL ME 310 500-9898 IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS . EMAIL ME AT comicod@vendio.com if you want my wholesale list .

you've said this previously on the forum , if facts mean anything as i said in that other mention you got exactly what was advertised a lenticular Species II poster , did AI ommit saying it was the video store version - yes - which I corrected after you whined about this. 2nd point the theatrical has 3 image changes not 2 so i would think if you knew what you were doing and obviously you don't that would be obvious enough wouldn't it ? point 3 . it has no VIDEO anything mentioned on the poster . point 4 that statement "the same as those displayed in cinemas" is total fabrication - go look at the listing ,it's exactly the same as the day i created it but for the change i made to mention the difference from the 3 change one. In fact look at ALL MY LISTINGS ALL 13,500 OF THEM do i mention anything like this in any ? no ! so let me just point out here yet another brown nosing empty headed follower like that airhead that ended up apologizing he got me mixed up with someone else , it's very very unfair for this son of a ----- to outright lie that i said something like that . jesus you guys anthony, thierry , adzwhatever and fellow brown nosing shameless losers like this guy should really get a life you guys are pathetic .

You know how i see you Thierry as the loudmouth loser you and Anthony are 2 nobodies that seem like real entities from your prolific postings everywhere on this forum and sadly that extends to your endless chime-ing in anytime I'm mentioned in a negative way . All I can say is does anyone want to see by far the nicest website for movie posters on the internet ? , ok the vendio storefront feature is incredibly basic but my 13,500 items all have only large high res scans and many many have extra close up shots - not crappy trapzoidal camera shots like verbose Bozo's like Anthony or Thierry would come up with if they had any inventory that is - take a look !!!

And a good answer by Dave from Cinemasterpieces:

all of this has been documented before here on this board BY OTHERS.....not by me.

I'll just sum up for those of you who may not have been around or have forgotten:
if you want fakes and reprints.....call egbert. ask him about his manhattan and friday the 13th restrikes.

if you want rude behavior........call egbert

if you want the worst customer service ever.......call egbert

if you want to order a near mint to mint poster and receive a VG poster, and then call to complain only to be laughed at and be told you don't know what you are talking about....call egbert.

if you want to order a poster, never receive it, and have egbert claim he sent it......give him a call

if you want to order 5 posters and only receive 3, and call to ask where your other two posters are only to be told that they were mispriced and you owe more money....then call egbert

if you want someone to belch and burp at you on the phone....call egbert

if you want someone to leave you a 40 minute message on your answering machine that sounds like it came from a crack addict, ask egbert to call you back.

ask him why he was kicked off ebay a few times

ask him why he isn't allowed to advertise in movie collectors world.

ask him why he has burned so many other dealers and collectors.

look at his pathetic ebay feedback

or, forget all this and ignore all the warning signs.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2010, 09:54:32 PM »

PS2: Hey Mel, is he actually paying you to promote his shit?  I mean EVERYONE in the poster collecting hobby know to avoid EGGY boy like Herpes, so for you to actually go out there and promote him...  I mean, it's such a stretch, you must get something in return.  I can't think of another reason.  Seriously.

Good lord, Thierry, "everybody knows" is totally meaningless and an ad hominem attack on me is a "cheap shot" and the weakest form of argument.  I don't give a $#%@# what everybody supposedly "knows." I only care about facts.  It is a fact that I have bought 20 posters - out of the 600 total I have bought in the last year from dozens of sellers - from the guy, they're all original, they're all cheaper than any other dealer, they're generally cheaper than the auction price, they all showed up quickly and with good packaging, and I talked to the guy for 30 minutes and he's certainly not malevolent. I've also looked through many of the listings on his site and they appear to be legitimate.  He does NOT sell the obvious frauds - the Spiderman reprint, the Star Wars bootlegs, etc.

Of course he makes idiotic rantings on these boards.  That proves he's undereducated and goofy - that does not mean he's the "Professor Moriarty" of the poster business, as you apparently believe.

So sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not giving in to the "mob mentality" and rampant uninformed paranoia on this board.  I'm just reporting the facts as I know them.  If you've had a different experience, then so be it.  Most of his other critics on the board have NOT actually purchased anything from him, so their "knowledge" is absolutely irrelevant.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2010, 10:39:57 PM »
You know what, Mel, "Everybody knows" is as meaningless to you as "Yeah, dude, don't believe all the hype about Egbert.  Most of his critics on this board have never actually purchased from him." is to me.  WHICH, BTW, IS A LIE (to type like Eggplant) and extremely condescending to the people who have been fucked by Egbert.  I would love it if you would actually survey this board before you make such a statement.  Most of his critics on this board have actually purchased from him, so don't lecture me on my "Everybody knows".  I don't care if you bought 100 posters from him, you're trying to sell him as a great dealer, and I'm saying that he is the worst crook of them all.  A low life scum.  I could find 50 people to corroborate it.

And please, do me a favor, since he's such a great, undereducated friend of yours, invite him to join this board.  I hate trashing someone without giving him a chance to retort.  

Thierry
My Personal Collection

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2010, 10:41:14 PM »
As I said earlier in this thread, I can't believe this guy actually gets all this press here and: a) he's not a member, and b) he hasn't done anything of recent vintage to piss anyone off!  

Mel, I get what you're saying that you talk from experience and that you're experience is better, for you, than everyone else's.  But, at the same time, you cannot deny the experience of many, many other folks that have had equally bad experiences with Gregg Eggbert (yes, I like the "egg" twice).  I myself have bought from him and I, like you, have never had a problem. But, listen to what you said - you bought a bunch of inexpensive posters from him, like I did.  Gregg is a wholesaler for the most part and, for the most part, he sells real stuff.  But, there's enough fake shit littered in his postings to give real live to "caveat emptor".

No one should make the mistake of assuming, based on a few good experiences, that everyone else must be nuts to think he's a bad egg (a pun, yes, and a cheap one).

You should invite him over here, Mel.  Let's see what he has to say.  If you do, though, PLEASE TELL HIM TO TURN THE FUCKING CAPS OFF!!!!!!!!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2010, 10:44:22 PM »
Really, I posted at EXACTLY the same time that Thierry posted, and I did not even know he was writing or what he was writing.  That's just sick and weird and all kinds of wrong to be in sync like that separated by thousands of miles and three hours.  Must be man-love!

Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2010, 10:46:31 PM »
he is the worst crook of them all.  

Don't know if I agree with this, though.  I think the ones who takes this prize are the universal horror fraudsters.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2010, 10:50:19 PM »
It was Egbert!
My Personal Collection

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2010, 10:50:53 PM »
No, really?
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2010, 10:53:05 PM »
No, really?

My God, you're so freakin' gullible. 

No, but it does sound good, doesn't it?
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2010, 10:56:30 PM »
I'm so fat on this picture.  Makes me sick!

BTW, clubpenguincheat wants to join the forum.  Is that Eggy?  It has the word "cheat" in it.

And Penguin!
My Personal Collection

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2010, 11:03:58 PM »
 :o
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2010, 11:04:42 PM »

Damn I look good!  I need to stand next to you more often!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery