Author Topic: April 2015  (Read 44614 times)

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Re: April 2015
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2015, 03:44:56 AM »
Lucky you Rosa, well done, they look lovely

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2015, 03:54:57 AM »
I can't believe the condition of these 80 year old cards Rosa - they look fresh out of the envelope - well done!

Mark

Mirosae

« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2015, 07:47:42 AM »
Thank you all for your kind words. It means a lot to me. I just love this film. Thanks again  :-* :)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2015, 11:23:54 AM »
Those cards are very nice, Rosa.  Good find.  cool1

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2015, 03:21:51 PM »
Rosa, those cards are beautiful. Big congrats.

Marc.
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2015, 04:09:10 PM »
I am so happy. I cannot believe these are mine. I cried. I laughed. I was so surprised that thought I had been outbid. But nope. It is officially over and mine!!!! girly.gif

AND thank you Brian for the heads up on one of these cards!!! :-*

And

Great pick ups Rosa!  Are you going to have them restored? 

Mirosae

« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2015, 04:37:37 PM »
Good question Matt. I think I might leave them as they are. Would you have them restored?

Mirosae

« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2015, 04:38:34 PM »
Rosa, those cards are beautiful. Big congrats.

Marc.

Those cards are very nice, Rosa.  Good find.  cool1

Thank you both. I'm glad you like them  :)

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2015, 05:26:59 PM »
I was about to write up the pros/cons about reconstructing the missing border -- but after looking them up online I realized these are almost intact jumbo lobbies!  Just an 1" missing from the tops and bottoms with the sides fully intact.  I had no idea these were full bleed.  Well done again on this pic up! 

You know, I have that funky trimmed Belgian Casablanca with a map on the back.  One of my ideas for framing it up would have been to be print out an exact size copy of the poster and then cut out a hole in the exact shape of the original poster that remained.  I would leave about a 1/16" gap all the way around so it would be clear where the original ended and the print out began.  I was then going to sandwich between to pieces of plexi so the you could always flip it to see the map.  You could try something similar and print out the missing 1" strips at the top/bottom -- you could use the high res complete examples from HA's archive.  I think they've sold both cards intact before.  The hard part would be color matching them...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2015, 05:38:07 PM »
I'm pretty stoked about this one that just arrived.  Video poster for Motorama (1991).

It's a fairly obscure movie, but it's a trip. wynk  I agree with the first paragraph of this review:

Motorama is one of those movies that got lost amidst the tides of time. Many films pass unnoticed upon first release and remain so for many years, but they’re eventually rediscovered, at least to some extent. Others, however, seem like they’re destined to oblivion like Motorama. It’s like a curse or something. You know this is particularly true when its Wikipedia article is a stub. Very few people know about it, yet those who did watch the movie will be hardly able to erase it from their memories and still discuss it to this day. I saw it as a youngster myself and it has stuck with me ever since.

I will try and check this flicker out, Brandon. I wasnt even familiar with the title until you posted. It has piqued my interest. And congrats on the pickup, too.  cool1

-Jeff

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2015, 05:50:32 PM »
Rosa, those cards all all kinds of fantastic. Congrats to you.

Mike, the ROTJ 3sh is hard to find, but not too hard...they do surface from time to time. I think I have seen a handful over the past few years.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2015, 06:28:19 PM »
What he said and what he asked.  8)

Also to Undead

Danish King Kong Somebody on this forum knows the winner of this one.
It sold on cinemasterpiece who knows how long ago also. I am sure I will find it again sometime, just a matter of when.

As for recent acquisitions I am waiting on the delivery today for the KING KONG linen Argentinean R50s, the poster in my profile now.
I love the color palette and the way some of the early Kong art was reused.
This Space For Rent!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2015, 06:29:59 PM »
Also to Undead

Danish King Kong Somebody on this forum knows the winner of this one.
It sold on cinemasterpiece who knows how long ago also. I am sure I will find it again sometime, just a matter of when.

As for recent acquisitions I am waiting on the delivery today for the KING KONG linen Argentinean R50s, the poster in my profile now.
I love the color palette and the way some of the early Kong art was reused.

Nice..

that Danish KONG has always been a fave of mine, too!

thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2015, 06:42:25 PM »
Nice..

that Danish KONG has always been a fave of mine, too!

thumbsup.gif

It seems to be in a class all its own. It is different than most of the rerelease Kong stuff I have seen. One day I will have a copy!  bed1

This Space For Rent!

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2015, 09:45:26 PM »
Thanks, PW and Jeff.  

It's surprising to me that so few people know about the movie, other than those who saw the it back in the day.  It's a classic.  8)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 09:48:00 PM by Neo »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #140 on: April 21, 2015, 12:40:58 AM »
Think that Argentinean King Kong was featured in an error-filled American Pickers episode
Chris

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #141 on: April 21, 2015, 05:03:13 AM »
Just keep an eye out and be patient Gingerman, I know that one will come around again in time.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline gargoyle67

• Hobbyist
« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2015, 11:00:58 AM »
My first haul from emovieposter.com, Gota say great service from these guys  thumbsup.gif Damn I can see myself spending $$$$$$$$ from this great poster auction site  :P

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2015, 11:07:18 AM »

thumbup

Welcome to the party that never ends! 

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2015, 12:15:43 PM »
My first haul from emovieposter.com, Gota say great service from these guys  thumbsup.gif Damn I can see myself spending $$$$$$$$ from this great poster auction site  :P

I've said it before and i'll say it again, EMP is poster crack.

The good news is there is this support group called APF... nah, i'm kidding, no one here will help you get over your poster-crack addictions... unless you are addicted to daybills, we can turn you off of that pretty quick.   ;D ;D

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2015, 12:44:41 PM »
I've said it before and i'll say it again, EMP is poster crack.

The good news is there is this support group called APF... nah, i'm kidding, no one here will help you get over your poster-crack addictions... unless you are addicted to daybills, we can turn you off of that pretty quick.   ;D ;D

Yep - a stint in a chinese child labour camp seems to do the trick
Chris

Mirosae

« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2015, 12:47:54 PM »
Great  posters Gargo!!! Congrats!!  thumbsup.gif

Mirosae

« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2015, 12:52:36 PM »
I was about to write up the pros/cons about reconstructing the missing border -- but after looking them up online I realized these are almost intact jumbo lobbies!  Just an 1" missing from the tops and bottoms with the sides fully intact.  I had no idea these were full bleed.  Well done again on this pic up! 

You know, I have that funky trimmed Belgian Casablanca with a map on the back.  One of my ideas for framing it up would have been to be print out an exact size copy of the poster and then cut out a hole in the exact shape of the original poster that remained.  I would leave about a 1/16" gap all the way around so it would be clear where the original ended and the print out began.  I was then going to sandwich between to pieces of plexi so the you could always flip it to see the map.  You could try something similar and print out the missing 1" strips at the top/bottom -- you could use the high res complete examples from HA's archive.  I think they've sold both cards intact before.  The hard part would be color matching them...

Matt, many thanks for this very helpful post. You just read my mind,  it was my original idea to restore them, but it looks like they are almost complete so I am not so minded now - other APFrs here have also told me to keep my  ''hands off'' hehe  :P   i want something a bit different, along what you have suggested.

I remember your beautiful Casablanca, and your idea sounds just like the way forward to me - have you done it? Is it framed up on the wall? I would loooove to see it!

Thanks again, you've given me a very good tip  ;)

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #148 on: April 21, 2015, 01:03:30 PM »
Matt, many thanks for this very helpful post. You just read my mind,  it was my original idea to restore them, but it looks like they are almost complete so I am not so minded now - other APFrs here have also told me to keep my  ''hands off'' hehe  :P   i want something a bit different, along what you have suggested.

I remember your beautiful Casablanca, and your idea sounds just like the way forward to me - have you done it? Is it framed up on the wall? I would loooove to see it!

Thanks again, you've given me a very good tip  ;)

I'm slow like the turtle Rosa... you should know that by now :)  No, not done yet.  I have all sorts of grand plans that often get pushed to the wayside in favor of even grander ones!  I do have the double sided frame -- I just need to print out a full size replica to make my border with.  I don't have an open space on the wall yet, which definitely has contributed to my delay.   

Offline gargoyle67

• Hobbyist
« Reply #149 on: April 21, 2015, 01:06:23 PM »
Thanks guys, Yup I love the fact that eMovie does themed auctions rolled e.c.t how great is that  bed1