Author Topic: February 2015  (Read 36755 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: February 2015
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2015, 07:42:06 PM »
My first semi-good poster of 2015.  Hopefully there will be more :)  Waiting for the HA catalog.

I've been looking for this one for quite some time, a few years actually, but I couldn't find a mint folded one, which is extremely important to me.  Check that.  Done.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2015, 07:48:47 PM »
Wow, amazing condition T! Congrats! It's a 1-panel I presume?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2015, 08:01:48 PM »
And since I'm at it, super bored as I'm watching my kids play, here are a few more from January.  Collection fillers, mostly.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2015, 08:02:54 PM »
Wow, amazing condition T! Congrats! It's a 1-panel I presume?

Yes, I usually do not collect the smaller formats.  Only if the design is different.  Otherwise, I'll always go for the large one.

T
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 08:11:02 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2015, 10:36:43 PM »
Daybill alert!
Chris

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2015, 10:42:28 PM »
Daybill alert!

Indeed but Don Rickles head on a quad is the head line.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2015, 07:39:55 AM »
One for the completest in me. 

No art, but just enough to keep it out of the Text Only thread, two tone, basic beyond belief.  But super rare.  For my part, I have only ever seen one come up before and that was at a poorly served Profiles in History auction some years ago.  And that was only after being recently before, made aware of it existence via Adam's Bond Poster site.

Please don't all now come forward and say these things are going for two-a-penny...

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2015, 07:59:42 AM »
Want to buy two mint + rolled ones?

Naa, just kiddin. Nice pick up, and as you say jolly scarce.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2015, 09:14:03 AM »
One for the completest in me. 

No art, but just enough to keep it out of the Text Only thread, two tone, basic beyond belief.  But super rare.  For my part, I have only ever seen one come up before and that was at a poorly served Profiles in History auction some years ago.  And that was only after being recently before, made aware of it existence via Adam's Bond Poster site.

Please don't all now come forward and say these things are going for two-a-penny...

Wow!  I was watching that one. Glad it went to someone I know!  Congrats!

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2015, 10:43:15 AM »
It was a bit of a battle.

I had lost out to the one on Profiles because there were connection problems during that auction.  I, and presumably others, couldn't get through so this time I organised a telephone bid.

Then Ewbanks had connectivity problems on the day which meant their auction started late but unfortunately, for me, they decided to start After all their issues were sorted.  On picking it up, the poster chap said the room topped out and the rest of the action went online and tel bidding only.

I had started a new job and my manager was organising meetings with me throughout the day and if her meeting coincided, I was resolved to just say I had a family emergency to not clash.  (One can clearly see my priorities!)  In the end, I was left alone to carry on.

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2015, 12:23:09 PM »
I had started a new job and my manager was organising meetings with me throughout the day and if her meeting coincided, I was resolved to just say I had a family emergency to not clash.  (One can clearly see my priorities!)  In the end, I was left alone to carry on.

And I thought I was the only one.  thumbsup.gif

Sweet pick-up as well!
Witty signature goes here.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2015, 02:42:15 PM »
Daybill alert!

Crazy, huh?  I was expecting something much more like this for a Daybill...  ;)

But this Halloween Daybill is actually pretty cool.  Probably because it's a photograph.

T
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 05:38:04 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2015, 03:29:29 PM »
New as of 1 hour ago.

T
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2015, 06:09:36 PM »
It's hard to beat a bit of Boris. Excellent one, T.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2015, 07:00:40 PM »
New as of 1 hour ago.
T

Now that is a poster.  jawdrop Nice job, T. 

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2015, 07:25:26 PM »
Now that is a poster.  jawdrop Nice job, T. 

Fucking awesome poster.

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2015, 07:47:42 PM »
Great pickups all

Offline jtoh014

• Beginner
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2015, 07:59:08 PM »
 jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop indeed
J

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2015, 01:10:13 AM »
Oh Rita
Chris

Mirosae

« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2015, 10:30:01 AM »
Very colourful poster. No often you get to see Stewart Granger posing like that  thumbsup.gif

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2015, 02:59:52 PM »
Nice pickups, all..

And Rita and Stewart-colorful and vivid.. indeed.

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2015, 04:45:59 PM »
It's funny how everyone sees things differently.  I'm so much more excited about the 400 Blows, which means so much more historically speaking than Salome.  The 400 Blows is a benchmark in movie making.  Salome is just another Hayworth movie.  But it is a Hayworth movie and she is hot, I'll give you that.  I guess we're all a bunch of horny dudes (except for Rosa ;))

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2015, 05:20:18 PM »
I guess we're all a bunch of horny dudes (except for Rosa ;))
Guilty as charged. thumbsup.gif

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2015, 08:41:00 PM »
Alright, somebody said variety is the spice of life. While you my collection is a lot different than folks, here are some additions from me. Please forgive the bad pictures. I did my best considering these bus shelters are as big as my bed.

I am a little fuzzy on the specifics of these posters however, they are appox. 4 x 6 foot, DS, printed on a very heavy paper, but they also have the .co.uk web address at the bottoms.?.? Since I had a snow day today I opened some packages today.  I also have Bumblebee, but I had already packaged it for storage and did not want to open it again.
This Space For Rent!

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2015, 08:46:24 PM »
Hope you guys don't mind me breaking these big photos up. Two of my favorites from this group!! These two are also on very heavy paper, the Constantine has a bit of damage on the edges, but no major creases throughout. They are both very glossy.

I also have Resident Evil Apocalypse same size, where Alice is in the graveyard with the towel and gun. It was also packaged for storage already.
This Space For Rent!