Author Topic: Thanks for having me!  (Read 4613 times)

Offline archstanton

• Hobbyist
Thanks for having me!
« on: January 30, 2015, 02:42:34 PM »
Greetings to all,

I'm a small time collector who more or less buys US one sheets for favorite movies of mine that I'm interested in displaying.  I've used this site and a handful of others to help me steer clear of bootlegs and bootleg sellers, as well as great advice on framing and packaging of posters. 

I'm not much of a collector in that I'm not interested in owning posters just to have them stored away as keepsakes or investments, but more just as a hobbyist who enjoys putting them up on the wall and rotating through a small collection.  Definitely a fun hobby and happy to find a site such as this!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Thanks for having me!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 04:17:21 PM »
Welcome!  Please share some of your framed collection when you have a chance
Chris

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 08:51:44 PM »
Welcome Archstanton.

Like Chris said, would love to see your collection.

And yeah, you're right, hoarding posters and not displaying them is nuts.  Makes no sense whatsoever.  Those collectors ought to be shot.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline archstanton

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 10:12:29 PM »
I'll try to post a couple pics soon.  I've only got a few things framed so far - no great rarities or anything, but they make me happy!

As for shooting the hoarders: if I had the budget to be one I'd probably join them!  Too much "angel on the shoulder" syndrome when shopping for myself, telling me I should be sticking the money in retirement or something practical.  I'd like to shoot him sometimes so he'd just let me do what I want!

Welcome Archstanton.

Like Chris said, would love to see your collection.

And yeah, you're right, hoarding posters and not displaying them is nuts.  Makes no sense whatsoever.  Those collectors ought to be shot.

T

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 10:44:36 PM »
I'll try to post a couple pics soon.  I've only got a few things framed so far - no great rarities or anything, but they make me happy!

As for shooting the hoarders: if I had the budget to be one I'd probably join them!  Too much "angel on the shoulder" syndrome when shopping for myself, telling me I should be sticking the money in retirement or something practical.  I'd like to shoot him sometimes so he'd just let me do what I want!

I guess when that angel on the shoulder speaks in French it is easier to ignore them - am I right Thierry?   ;)
Chris

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 11:59:04 PM »

Hello Archstanton! Welcome aboard the board! Your arrival is much appreciated as in that it means I have gone up in seniority here. I am NO LONGER the newest member on the forum! HA!

I'm not much of a collector in that I'm not interested in owning posters just to have them stored away as keepsakes or investments, but more just as a hobbyist who enjoys putting them up on the wall and rotating through a small collection.

I don't know about everyone else, but I am pretty sure I speak for many when I say that is exactly how i started out. (It just sort of snowballed after that... Oh my!)

I've only got a few things framed so far - no great rarities or anything, but they make me happy!

That really is the key to collecting---getting what YOU like!

As for shooting the hoarders: if I had the budget to be one I'd probably join them!

Give it time...budget or not,it just sort of happens. Eek!

Anyway,welcome aboard!

Cheers!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!