Author Topic: New movie window card seller on eBay  (Read 5822 times)

ABCwindowcards

New movie window card seller on eBay
« on: July 17, 2014, 10:31:46 AM »
Hi everyone.  I am new at selling ORIGINAL window cards for 30 different movies from 1958-1964 and approximately 1,000 give or take of ORIGINAL publicity movie stills from the mid 1940s to the early 70's. My father passed away last year and all these belonged to my grandfather originally when he worked for a movie theater in Atlanta, GA from the 40s to the 70s.  All of this movie memorabilia has been sitting in my dad's bedroom closet for a very very long time.  But none of the window cards were messed up thank god! For each movie I have at least 10-25 WC and none were wrote on the upper blank area that theaters usually wrote when the movie was playing and times! Out of all the window cards, only one had a hole. Unfortunately it was for the movie The Curse Of The Werewolf, which I sold all 5 in a matter of 3 weeks for 150-200 dollars each! I'm keeping the one with the hole for myself I guess lol. And I'm going to keep 1 WC for each movie since they were my grandfathers.  I've been selling them on eBay mainly except for a few I have sold to my husbands co worker.  The window cards haven't been the confusing and frustrating part about all this though because the name, year of release and actors that starred in them are printed on the WC for me. It's all these 8x10 photos and stills that are so time consuming.  Some of them don't have the actors name or name of the movie that the photo is promoting so I've had to do a lot of research on eBay and other sites.  I have put all the best ones in clear acid free sleeves with a comic book board behind each one and I have filled up 3 2.5 inch binders full of photos so far.  I've sold a good amount of photos on eBay but mainly Marilyn Monroe, Grace Kelly, Jayne Mansfield and Elvis.  Those went like hot cakes! If anyone has any words of wisdom or wants to take some off my hands please feel free to message me! I have 3 kids and my youngest is almost 2 years old so at the rate I'm going it will take me a decade to sell all this stuff! My eBay ID is rileygirlsmom if you want to look at what I have listed.  I'm very slow at listing them because I don't have a scanner and take the photos with my iPhone and then I have to make sure I describe everything accurately so I don't get any negative feedback, which I haven't had any neg feedback yet! So I guess I'm not doing too bad. If anyone is a big seller of posters or WC and movie stills I need advice please! Like shipping correctly and general stuff like that. 
Am I allowed to sell on this forum? eBay just took a bunch of money out of my PayPal acct this morning for selling fees! Thanks and my name is Lori and I live 1.5 hours north of Atlanta, Ga.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: New movie window card seller on eBay
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 01:10:02 PM »
Hi Lori and welcome.

Yes - you can sell here but just post in the correct part of the forum.

You may want to consider consigning the stills to one of the online auction places and let them sort out who each photo represents.

Best of luck selling the remainder of the window cards.
Chris

Mirosae

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 02:55:05 PM »
Hello and welcome!

Looking forward to seeing what you have...need some good photos!

hola.gif 

ABCwindowcards

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 11:18:53 PM »
I will get busy showing what all I have.  Mirosae are there any particular movies or actors your interested in? I will go to the selling forum.  Do I have to load my pictures on photobucket to list them on here? Can Dropbox be used?

Mirosae

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 07:23:47 AM »
I will get busy showing what all I have.  Mirosae are there any particular movies or actors your interested in? I will go to the selling forum.  Do I have to load my pictures on photobucket to list them on here? Can Dropbox be used?

Hello again, yes, any WC from  films from the 40s or 50s will be good for me AND quite a few members here too!  I imagine you don't want to upload all of them on photobucket, that would take you forever but perhaps a couple so we can see what you have?  :) It is just a suggestion !

(don't know if dropbox works!)

ABCwindowcards

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 10:06:46 AM »
I'll see if my Dropbox will work and if not I'll figure out the photobucket thing.  I'm not very good at those things but my husband can show me.

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 02:22:00 PM »
Welcome to the forum Lori. welcome1

Photobucket will work fine. Looking forward to see what you have!
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

ABCwindowcards

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 04:17:46 PM »
Thanks! I feel like I don't know what I'm doing on here like you guys.  What is the quote button for?
I'm used to Facebook groups but I'll manage lol.  I downloaded photobucket on my iPhone and I'm going to try in a minute.  I have to take pictures of all the WC I don't have on my phone already anyway to show someone else.  I'll show you guys soon.   Don't have super great stuff though unfortunately but there are a few very cool ones. 

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 10:07:14 PM »
 welcome1

The quote button is typically used to quote another person's post, like this:

Thanks! I feel like I don't know what I'm doing on here like you guys.  What is the quote button for?

When you want to reply to a specific post, you can click the 'quote' link in the upper right of that post

and it will automatically be included in your reply. Just make sure you type your response outside of the [ quote ]  [ /quote ] tags.

To post pics use the image button and copy the url in between the [ img ]  [ /img ] tags.

That should get you quite a ways 'round these parts. Enjoy!
Witty signature goes here.

ABCwindowcards

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 11:18:19 PM »
Ok I thought that's what the quote was for. Thanks and I am going to lay in bed and figure out photo bucket now.  I had to download lots of pics on Dropbox tonight and then email them all go a few people. I'm sure I will manage.  Hopefully I can show you all some window cards I have this weekend!

ABCwindowcards

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 01:06:39 PM »
I got the photobucket app on my phone and can't figure out how to download my photos to it!

ABCwindowcards

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 12:38:01 AM »
I loaded most of my window card photos on the for sale section today.  I used drop box and it worked fine!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 10:56:34 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Lori.

Have fun!

welcome1

-Jeff