Author Topic: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2203531 times)

guest4208

Re: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #3300 on: October 31, 2012, 06:04:22 PM »
It will be interesting to see how much this goes for. I wonder if it is the same daybill that was sold at Christies South Kensington in 1998. Universal Horror daybills are incredibly scarce.

:o :o :o

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3301 on: October 31, 2012, 09:39:54 PM »
Ted,

I actually got 2 replies back from this seller. Very polite. The seller, in pricing his piece, referenced a previous ebay sale of that same reprint that sold recently for 150.00 (ouch).

I was thinking 25-50.00 (but that may be way off).

cheers

Thanks, again, John, for the Belgian, repro pricing info.

Jeff

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 09:40:33 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #3302 on: October 31, 2012, 10:25:48 PM »
I wonder if it is the same daybill that was sold at Christies South Kensington in 1998. Universal Horror daybills are incredibly scarce.

What did that sell for then?
David

guest4208

« Reply #3303 on: October 31, 2012, 10:39:57 PM »
What did that sell for then?

From memory, it sold for about 600 pounds which converted to close to AUD1800.00 bucks at the time. I actually consigned it. The result was a bit disappointing but I dont think people realised how rare it was. I was at that auction and also the incredible James Bond auction that they had a few days before. The main room for the Bond auction was packed out and they had two other rooms with TV cameras of the actual auction and they were full too.

That month was a big one for movie poster collectors and dealers. There was also a Sotheby's auction and Ed Mason had one of his conventions with many of the big poster dealers attending. I have a feeling that around that time, Greg Edwards might have closed his shop in London and he had a bit of fire sale/package deals on lots of items. It was all a lot of fun.

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #3304 on: October 31, 2012, 11:35:43 PM »
From memory, it sold for about 600 pounds which converted to close to AUD1800.00 bucks at the time. I actually consigned it. The result was a bit disappointing but I dont think people realised how rare it was. I was at that auction and also the incredible James Bond auction that they had a few days before. The main room for the Bond auction was packed out and they had two other rooms with TV cameras of the actual auction and they were full too.

That month was a big one for movie poster collectors and dealers. There was also a Sotheby's auction and Ed Mason had one of his conventions with many of the big poster dealers attending. I have a feeling that around that time, Greg Edwards might have closed his shop in London and he had a bit of fire sale/package deals on lots of items. It was all a lot of fun.

Ahh well it will be interesting then, the market and the world is a little different since back then obviously, and right now there are so many horror auctions on or coming up collectors are definitely spoiled for choice.
David

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #3305 on: November 03, 2012, 04:15:50 PM »

So what is the story with Black Frankenstien?  Is it really that rare to justify the price?

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2756185

"Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #3306 on: November 03, 2012, 04:33:15 PM »
Extremely rare. I can almost see a nipple there and Bruce didn't cover it  ;D
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #3307 on: November 03, 2012, 05:21:56 PM »
LOL.. I love the username: Heluga4Mitt

So what is the story with Black Frankenstien?  Is it really that rare to justify the price?

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2756185

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #3308 on: November 04, 2012, 10:18:54 AM »
LOL.. I love the username: Heluga4Mitt

AWESOME!!! 

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #3309 on: November 04, 2012, 01:19:33 PM »

The copy that Heritage sold for over $3,000 had an "R" rating instead of "PG".
http://movieposters.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7040&lotNo=83707

I wonder if it was a paste-over (seems you can see the PG peeking out underneath) or printed that way?
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 06:52:14 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Bruce

« Reply #3311 on: November 06, 2012, 07:15:00 AM »
Mel, EVERYONE here was shaking their heads over that one! Is it an unknown great movie or sumthin?

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #3312 on: November 06, 2012, 07:43:18 AM »
No,
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3313 on: November 11, 2012, 01:24:44 AM »

-Jeff

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #3314 on: November 11, 2012, 03:15:36 AM »
Hard call through the glass/perspex but not a real deal to my old inexperienced eyes - where's her underwear?!
David

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #3315 on: November 11, 2012, 06:44:28 AM »
The real giveaway is the 27x40 frame but also the missing NSS number to the right of "printed in USA":

Charlie

« Reply #3316 on: November 13, 2012, 02:29:11 PM »
http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2766460

Are you kidding me!  I've been waiting for this poster to pop up in a reasonable condition for years...  I don't think it is worth that much; FleBay for me I guess...  I have one already in pretty poor condition, but like Steve I pulled it out of the tube this weekend to see about upgrading (to this one) and the 18" tear extended a foot and I got so pissed I just ripped it in half!  Guess I could still fix it...  Or just bite down hard buy this one and explain to my wife later...

If it is someone here on APF, PM me and I won't bid...

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #3317 on: November 13, 2012, 02:41:16 PM »
http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2766460

Are you kidding me!  I've been waiting for this poster to pop up in a reasonable condition for years...  I don't think it is worth that much; FleBay for me I guess...  I have one already in pretty poor condition, but like Steve I pulled it out of the tube this weekend to see about upgrading (to this one) and the 18" tear extended a foot and I got so pissed I just ripped it in half!  Guess I could still fix it...  Or just bite down hard buy this one and explain to my wife later...

If it is someone here on APF, PM me and I won't bid...

It's a cool poster, and the only English language one I know of with that art.  But for that price, get the quad. 

Charlie

« Reply #3318 on: November 13, 2012, 02:45:33 PM »
It's a cool poster, and the only English language one I know of with that art.  But for that price, get the quad.  

Yeah, I missed one that went BIN for $150... The quad...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 02:45:47 PM by Charlie »

Charlie

« Reply #3319 on: November 13, 2012, 09:24:49 PM »
Well I reluctantly passed on the Patton.  I just think one will pop up for less... I didn't want to get caught up on 'it may never come up again' thinking...

guest8

« Reply #3320 on: November 14, 2012, 07:55:12 AM »
Well I reluctantly passed on the Patton.  I just think one will pop up for less... I didn't want to get caught up on 'it may never come up again' thinking...

I always get caught up in that .. "this is the only one, I'll never see it again!!" :)

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #3321 on: November 17, 2012, 02:58:26 PM »
Although hardly a major crime specially as no one has bid on them (and are unlikely too), but as my wife (who loves the movie) probably owns pretty much every version of the original release US paper for this movie now's a good time to mention that the description fails to mention these are RE-releases.

http://movieposters.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=161247&lotNo=54187#Photo
David

guest8

« Reply #3322 on: November 17, 2012, 03:38:29 PM »
Although hardly a major crime specially as no one has bid on them (and are unlikely too), but as my wife (who loves the movie) probably owns pretty much every version of the original release US paper for this movie now's a good time to mention that the description fails to mention these are RE-releases.

http://movieposters.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=161247&lotNo=54187#Photo

Im more interested in the fact that your wife collects! That would be pretty awesome!

Bruce

« Reply #3323 on: November 17, 2012, 04:11:13 PM »
I see we have conflicting info on this on my site. What IS the first release U.S. poster from 1981?

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #3324 on: November 17, 2012, 04:18:29 PM »
Mel, EVERYONE here was shaking their heads over that one! Is it an unknown great movie or sumthin?

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Dont get this either,,what`s the score mel..?

Stew