Author Topic: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2203417 times)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #1600 on: October 27, 2011, 11:19:48 PM »
Rich, what happened with the PF Lucky Strikes poster?  Haven't you sold that joker 2 times already?  Geez Louise, that has to be the most notorious Lucky Strikes poster around!

I only sold it on 8-24 and the winning bidder had made a mistake in bidding, so I cancelled the sale.
It never left the building

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #1601 on: October 27, 2011, 11:25:21 PM »
I only sold it on 8-24 and the winning bidder had made a mistake in bidding, so I cancelled the sale.
It never left the building

That was mighty kind of ya to cancel the sale.  I've just seen it several times in different auctions, and it's kinda fun watching it go on the block numerous times, no pun intended.

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #1602 on: October 28, 2011, 12:54:20 AM »
Boy, between Bruce and Rich this week, there's a whole lot of nice posters on the block.

Meh.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1603 on: October 28, 2011, 05:26:35 PM »
Boy, between Bruce and Rich this week, there's a whole lot of nice posters on the block.

Yep I'd like to get one of the S2 litho reproduction posters at EMP but the best ones will blow up at the end and you can buy most of them for $325 from the S2 Art Group directly.

And I don't understand your big bid on the HP one sheet at MPB when the quad is way better and much cheaper.

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1604 on: October 28, 2011, 05:43:13 PM »
And I don't understand your big bid on the HP one sheet at MPB when the quad is way better and much cheaper.

it's called "a rarity"

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1605 on: October 28, 2011, 06:54:04 PM »
it's called "a rarity"

Yeah, I'm at 150 on it and because of it's rarity that's ok.  I don't think it will end up with me, though.  There's a few out there with more of a willingness to spend on this one than I.  It will likely command double or tripple my bid.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1606 on: October 28, 2011, 08:06:20 PM »
it's called "a rarity"

Yeah, I'm at 150 on it and because of it's rarity that's ok.  I don't think it will end up with me, though.  There's a few out there with more of a willingness to spend on this one than I.  It will likely command double or tripple my bid.

Gentlemen, for various reasons, I'll defer arguing with you until after this auction is over.  But after it's over, the image below will change to something relevant:

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #1607 on: October 28, 2011, 08:43:51 PM »
I'll bookmark your post and check back latr

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1608 on: October 28, 2011, 09:08:50 PM »

I don't understand it either.  $150 for what's essentially a badly photoshopped poster.  At least the Struzan is hand drawn.

But then again, I don't understand much these days, especially after seeing what some of Bruce's posters sold for.  All I know is that I'm so happy to be sitting on so many of these posters (so many I got for free), because if I had to start fresh today, I could not afford shit.

T
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 09:09:45 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Bruce

« Reply #1609 on: October 30, 2011, 04:10:19 PM »
This WOTW half-sheet is kind of like game 6 of the World Series. It looks like it's over and then the lead changes hands, with lots of new bidders! But it looks done now.

Bruce

Bruce

« Reply #1610 on: October 30, 2011, 04:15:02 PM »
I spoke too soon. Still going on!

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #1611 on: October 30, 2011, 04:16:05 PM »
This is EXCITING!!!

Bruce

« Reply #1612 on: October 30, 2011, 04:18:08 PM »
It has cracked $20K. Still nothing compared to Rich's HP unicorn.

Bruce

Matt

« Reply #1613 on: October 30, 2011, 04:18:35 PM »
I wish I had a lazy $20,000 to buy posters. :o

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1614 on: October 30, 2011, 04:20:43 PM »

Bruce

I never sold my Unicorn as low as $20,000.. but I've given it away on a number of ocassions when the gal was really cute

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1615 on: October 30, 2011, 04:21:24 PM »
oh.. my apologies.. You were talking about the Harry Potter poster.. never mind

-------

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #1616 on: October 30, 2011, 04:21:37 PM »
I never sold my Unicorn as low as $20,000.. but I've given it away on a number of ocassions when the gal was really cute

laugh1
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Bruce

« Reply #1617 on: October 30, 2011, 04:21:46 PM »
Louie, it sure is exciting. I just hope the consignor remembered to take his medication today!

It might be years and years before another one comes up in a no reserve honest auction (or any auction, for that matter)!

Bruce

Bruce

« Reply #1618 on: October 30, 2011, 04:23:11 PM »
Rich, whatever you do, please don't post an image of THAT "unicorn"!

Bruce

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #1619 on: October 30, 2011, 04:31:24 PM »

Bruce

I guess the higher-end market on this piece is drying up.
A full $3,000+ less than the lowest previous auction price on this piece (for a badly faded one a few years ago).
I'm not sure who Halcarter is, but a sincere congratulations are in order to him for picking up a relative bargain.
I know the underbidder is a good friend who was actually bidding on a 2nd copy for his collection, and I'm very surprised he didn't go higher considering the usual prices on this piece (I know of a west-coast dealer who paid $24,000 for one last year).
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Bruce

« Reply #1620 on: October 30, 2011, 04:40:31 PM »
LIke I always say, there are always tons of bargains at http://www.eMoviePoster.com

See, Thierry?

Bruce

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1621 on: October 30, 2011, 05:00:25 PM »
I disagree, Bruce.  I was looking at a few Spielberg inserts you had, but there is no way I'm going to spend that kind of money on inserts.  What is that, $90 for Temple of Doom?  I'm dumbfounded.  For an insert????

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Bruce

« Reply #1622 on: October 30, 2011, 05:23:42 PM »
Thierry, any price I get, private dealers can get far more. Just ask them!

There are always tons of bargains at http://www.eMoviePoster.com (and never a buyers premium, fuzzy photo, fuzzier condition grade, and never rip-off shipping).

Bruce

If my prices seem high to YOU, then maybe you should consider consigning some unwanted items to us (and join our 839 other happy consignors)?

Bruce

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1623 on: October 30, 2011, 05:50:26 PM »
Your prices are not high, Bruce.  They are the prices of the market.  It is the market that I don't understand.  In this time of austerity, I am dumbfounded that people can spend so much on some items.  I am dumbfounded that people still have so much disposable income.  You're not the one I'm criticizing here, since you are one of the few who lets the market speak.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1624 on: October 30, 2011, 05:53:41 PM »
Oh... and I don't sell.  It's just too much work.

T
My Personal Collection