Author Topic: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2203789 times)

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Re: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #1575 on: October 18, 2011, 11:36:40 PM »
Hmmmmmm....

There is not much under there, me thinks

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #1576 on: October 19, 2011, 12:17:28 AM »
Bruce.. I looked at Anthony Adverse and considered bidding for it. then I noticed it had gotten some good bidding and passed.

I loved that film when I was young and watched it every chance I had.
Sadly, little paper seems to come up on the title and when it does, it's always the same poster

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Bruce

« Reply #1577 on: October 19, 2011, 06:55:30 AM »
Rich, Fredric March is one of the absolute most underrated actors there is! Like Bogart, he appeared in a TON of great movies, yet he is rarely mentioned as one of the all-time greats.

And he seamlessly made the transition from leading man to character actor.

Here are ten of his best roles:

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
The Sign of the Cross
The Barretts of Wimpole Street
Les Misérables
A Star Is Born
One Foot in Heaven
The Best Years of Our Lives
Executive Suite
Inherit the Wind
Seven Days in May
and more!

Bruce

agentprovocateur

« Reply #1578 on: October 19, 2011, 12:22:13 PM »
Ok, I'll put my money where my mouth is for once.  Bruce just put this up.  Get the fuck out of my way, because it's mine.

I likey a lot... but your safe this end, I'm holding out for the English lenticular version! uhno

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #1579 on: October 19, 2011, 12:27:04 PM »
Now that's the one I'd want.....you shouldn't have shown me that one, me also likey... :D
It's more than a Hobby...

agentprovocateur

« Reply #1580 on: October 19, 2011, 12:32:57 PM »
I think it's quite elusive Paul... have been keeping my eyes out for one over the past 2 odd years ever since I heard about it.

I purloined that image off a website that sold it for £350, if my understanding is correct it was a standee and only the portrait section is lenticular... but I could definitely be proved wrong!

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #1581 on: October 19, 2011, 01:04:07 PM »
That would make sense re: only the portrait being lenticular, a bit like in the film. I don't get the Standee bit, is it like a bill board stand...
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #1582 on: October 19, 2011, 01:36:41 PM »
I think it's quite elusive Paul... have been keeping my eyes out for one over the past 2 odd years ever since I heard about it.

I purloined that image off a website that sold it for £350, if my understanding is correct it was a standee and only the portrait section is lenticular... but I could definitely be proved wrong!

The standee hand mini-lenticulars that were part of the setup. There is also a full size lenticular with an unconfirmed existence count of less than 10 or maybe even 5 I believe.

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #1583 on: October 19, 2011, 06:30:12 PM »
Exactly 6 of the US one sheet size, allegedly. Please don't ask me to provide studio confirmation.

Mark

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #1584 on: October 19, 2011, 07:20:37 PM »
Here is a thread about the lenticular for Azkaban.  If there were only 6 produced, that has to be an ultimate unicorn.

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #1585 on: October 19, 2011, 10:36:14 PM »
that has to be an ultimate unicorn.

Only if you like "Top Gun".  ;D
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 10:36:56 PM by Louie D. »

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #1586 on: October 20, 2011, 03:29:07 AM »
Exactly 6 of the US one sheet size, allegedly. Please don't ask me to provide studio confirmation.

Mark

Maybe they were available at Suncoast...

Chupito

« Reply #1587 on: October 20, 2011, 02:25:28 PM »
I love the artwork on this bond poster.
Is this the 2 foglio Italian original release?
..shame its stuck on board or was it fabricated like that?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-James-Bond-007-DR-NO-5-FEET-Italian-Movie-Poster-/320778135151?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aafdde66f

agentprovocateur

« Reply #1588 on: October 21, 2011, 08:25:19 AM »
Some fascinating stuff in emovie's latest auction... especially two, one with artwork I've never seen for the film!

It'll be obvious what I'm after ;D

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1590 on: October 24, 2011, 12:17:10 AM »
Did you miss this part?

"The title was cut out of this poster"

Even if it's real, its a dawg.  Better to spend a lot more money on a nice copy, than a little money on shit.  If you want an example, then buy a repro to display. Don't waste your money on this.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Charlie

« Reply #1591 on: October 24, 2011, 12:26:00 AM »
Did you miss this part?

"The title was cut out of this poster"

Even if it's real, its a dawg.  Better to spend a lot more money on a nice copy, than a little money on shit.  If you want an example, then buy a repro to display. Don't waste your money on this.

Crap, I went right for the pictures. It is a "dawg".  Still I didn't realize how bad the printing job is on these.  I checked a few out on HA zoomed in and they are this way. 

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1592 on: October 24, 2011, 12:32:07 AM »
I would not buy this for $1.

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Charlie

« Reply #1593 on: October 24, 2011, 12:39:46 AM »
Well I might buy it for $1 and clip out Audrey to hang up with thumbtacks; plus it looks like you could make at least $200 profit if you were to resell it.

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1594 on: October 27, 2011, 10:24:44 PM »
Boy, between Bruce and Rich this week, there's a whole lot of nice posters on the block.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #1595 on: October 27, 2011, 10:32:32 PM »
Boy, between Bruce and Rich this week, there's a whole lot of nice posters on the block.

They really do.  That Halloween lineup with all that fairly old school stuff is pretty insane, and Rich has a lot of great newer stuff.  

Rich, what happened with the PF Lucky Strikes poster?  Haven't you sold that joker 2 times already?  Geez Louise, that has to be the most notorious Lucky Strikes poster around!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:38:15 PM by NeoLoco »

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #1596 on: October 27, 2011, 10:37:22 PM »

If I recall correctly, it was purchased by Rattler.  He bought it unaware that it was sun faded, and asked to return it.

Brian
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #1597 on: October 27, 2011, 10:39:54 PM »
  If I recall correctly, it was purchased by Rattler.  He bought it unaware that it was sun faded, and asked to return it.

Brian

I'm pretty sure he sold it twice, returned both times, and the guy who had it before him sold it at least twice, returned both (or more) times, then Rich bought it.

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #1598 on: October 27, 2011, 10:50:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure he sold it twice, returned both times, and the guy who had it before him sold it at least twice, returned both (or more) times, then Rich bought it.

Well, Rich has taken a blood oath to protect the identity of his sellers.  But I know, that Rattler bought the last one which looks like the one being sold this time.

Brian
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #1599 on: October 27, 2011, 11:05:54 PM »
  Well, Rich has taken a blood oath to protect the identity of his sellers.  But I know, that Rattler bought the last one which looks like the one being sold this time.

Brian

Ah, well that's good that he protects the identity of his buyers (did you mean to say buyers?), and maybe he only sold it once then.  Still I've never seen a poster returned so many times, and the PF Lucky Strikes is a notorious version, itself.