Author Topic: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2203451 times)

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
Re: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #1500 on: October 17, 2011, 10:40:38 PM »
It's nothing more than classic mob tactics.  

Holiday has repeatedly said that there are no restrictions on discussing pending auctions.  This was obviously a multi-thousand dollar, high-profile auction perfectly appropriate for public discussion - especially once it blew up to $1,000 with multiple fat wallet bidders -  yet I've been called a "moron," (by a moderator!) a "reckless idiot," "douchebag" (by another moderator, who later apologized) and told that I was "deliberate fucking" other APF members out of spite.  

I've gotten into a few hot arguments with a couple of charming members, but I've never used that kind of vitriol for an issue like this.

According to the forum "rules" that keep being brought up in regards to your right, you do not feel the need to withhold any mid auction talk regardless if it is disrespectful to another forum member who could be potential bidder and regardless of how other forum members feel about the issue.

As everyone knows, I called you a douchebag and I did apologize because that is not who I am. I have a right to call you a douchebag just like you have the right to out any auction you please or call me a douche bag back if you wished. I admit my actions may be more cruel but it is my right. I quickly apologized for what I said because I quickly saw that I should have been more respectful regardless of your views and your stance on the topic. Just maybe you can be more respectful to other members view and maybe be open minded to how other members may feel.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 10:46:35 PM by Cj »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1501 on: October 17, 2011, 10:43:56 PM »
R-E-S-P-E-C-T?  On a poster forum?!  You are fucking crazy!
Chris

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1502 on: October 17, 2011, 10:45:02 PM »
The reality of this whole issue is that it will not change one bit. A majority of the people feel that it is not the right thing to do and admit that they would never do it themselves.  Mel is allowed to post what he wants regardless of how other members may feel. Honestly who gives a shit anymore.

Lets get on with it and move on.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1503 on: October 17, 2011, 10:53:06 PM »
Who's the douche?

And WTF is this nonsense talk about fancy french people who slap each other with gloves.  I'd slap all of you people, and not with gloves.

And there is no über lord, Chris.  Holiday is the brains, and I'm the _____ ?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1504 on: October 17, 2011, 10:56:46 PM »
Who's the douche?

And WTF is this nonsense talk about fancy french people who slap each other with gloves.  I'd slap all of you people, and not with gloves.

And there is no über lord, Chris.  Holiday is the brains, and I'm the _____ ?

T

That's disappointing.  If history is any example, polytheism just doesn't seem to be the way to go.
Chris

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1505 on: October 17, 2011, 10:58:05 PM »
The reality of this whole issue is that it will not change one bit. A majority of the people feel that it is not the right thing to do and admit that they would never do it themselves.  Mel is allowed to post what he wants regardless of how other members may feel. Honestly who gives a shit anymore.

Yeah, well another "reality" is that the "majority" has debased itself by engaging in gutter fighting and starting a civil war over a settled issue.  The end result is permanent alienation and a less interesting forum in the future because no one will discuss pending auctions lest the majority "tar and feather" them, as the "majority" has done to me in the last few days.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #1506 on: October 17, 2011, 10:58:10 PM »
I'm asking this in all seriousness Rich... do you disagree with us calling Mel a hypocrite (meaning you don't think he is being one)?  Or do you disagree with us for giving him shit for it?  Or something else entirely?

what I agreed with had nothing to do with hypocsrisy

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1507 on: October 17, 2011, 11:02:51 PM »
 The end result is permanent alienation and a less interesting forum in the future because no one will discuss pending auctions lest the majority "tar and feather" them, as the "majority" has done to me in the last few days.

I was already alienated (do you guys remember that I was kidnapped by aliens and the probe thing?) so that isn't a problem. but I will continue to discuss anything I wish to discuss here whether Chris, Matt, Harry, Ted, unknown, known unknown or unknown known unknown agree with me. I didn't come here to be brown-nosed by any of you. The alien probe ended all brown nosing

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1508 on: October 17, 2011, 11:05:18 PM »
a less interesting forum in the future because no one will discuss pending auctions

There are plenty of other things to talk about on this forum than just pending auctions.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1509 on: October 17, 2011, 11:05:25 PM »
Yeah, well another "reality" is that the "majority" has debased itself by engaging in gutter fighting and starting a civil war over a settled issue.  The end result is permanent alienation and a less interesting forum in the future because no one will discuss pending auctions lest the majority "tar and feather" them, as the "majority" has done to me in the last few days.

Mel, call this number: 1-800-484-2846
Chris

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #1510 on: October 17, 2011, 11:08:00 PM »
 :)
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1511 on: October 17, 2011, 11:15:35 PM »
Mel, I don't like your avatar.  Clowns freak me out, and your chicken/clown is fucking annoying.  Get rid of it or I'll get rid of you!

T (who forgot to take his meds).

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1512 on: October 17, 2011, 11:20:43 PM »
I think it's better for some of you to call 1-800-277-4653

-------

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #1513 on: October 17, 2011, 11:22:57 PM »

:) too
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1514 on: October 17, 2011, 11:23:07 PM »

And this is for you Rich  ;Dhttp://www.experienceproject.com/groups/Am-A-Dickhead/71739

Charlie

« Reply #1515 on: October 17, 2011, 11:24:25 PM »
There are plenty of other things to talk about on this forum than just pending auctions.

Yeah did anybody see the Unholy Wife insert I picked up today?  I was pretty proud of that sucker.  I'm getting tire of posting new stuff; at least give me a "nice piece of shit, Charlie" or something...

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1516 on: October 17, 2011, 11:25:19 PM »
Nice piece of shit Charlie..no really nice pick up Charlie

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1517 on: October 17, 2011, 11:32:57 PM »
And this is for you Rich  ;Dhttp://www.experienceproject.com/groups/Am-A-Dickhead/71739

I thought I was there already at APF???
I mean,, where did you guys think you were??

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1518 on: October 17, 2011, 11:34:31 PM »
anyway.. I hope to have a pic of that Harry Potter & the Sorceror's Stone  international poster, regular style photographed Weds.. I'll post it here so that 100,000,000 people will see it

-------

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #1519 on: October 17, 2011, 11:39:30 PM »
Clowns freak me out

I forgot, it is that time of year!

Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1520 on: October 17, 2011, 11:59:34 PM »

That clown from Poltergeist freaked me out for years.

This is why I've always hated the circus.  Show me all the horror movies in the world, show me Cannibal Holocaust or Texas Chainsaw, but don't show me a clown!!!

T
My Personal Collection

Charlie

« Reply #1521 on: October 18, 2011, 12:02:35 AM »
That clown from Poltergeist freaked me out for years.

This is why I've always hated the circus.  Show me all the horror movies in the world, show me Cannibal Holocaust or Texas Chainsaw, but don't show me a clown!!!

T

I know what you mean regarding certain genres of horror. I grew up Catholic; still haven't made it through the Exorcist after about 6 attempts... 

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1522 on: October 18, 2011, 12:09:11 AM »

Hey Schan, is that your wife?  She's lovely.  Good for you, dude.

And fuck the clown!
My Personal Collection

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #1523 on: October 18, 2011, 12:28:47 AM »
Thats Genie!
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #1524 on: October 18, 2011, 02:08:15 AM »