Author Topic: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2203755 times)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #1475 on: October 17, 2011, 09:28:55 PM »
wynk

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1476 on: October 17, 2011, 09:36:56 PM »
The "real issue" is that you guys intend to unleash hell on anybody who disagrees with you on this issue until you get your way.

So what is "our way" Mel?  Let's take it step-by-step and maybe you'll finally trully begin to understand.
Chris

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1477 on: October 17, 2011, 09:37:23 PM »
and while I don't exactly use the same sharp language that Mel does in this case, I hope you guys realize that he's right

Anyone that you agree with Rich simply cannot be "right"  :-*
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 09:37:36 PM by CSM »
Chris

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1478 on: October 17, 2011, 09:45:14 PM »
It's nothing more than classic mob tactics.  

Holiday has repeatedly said that there are no restrictions on discussing pending auctions.  This was obviously a multi-thousand dollar, high-profile auction perfectly appropriate for public discussion - especially once it blew up to $1,000 with multiple fat wallet bidders -  yet I've been called a "moron," (by a moderator!) a "reckless idiot," "douchebag" (by another moderator, who later apologized) and told that I was "deliberate fucking" other APF members out of spite.  

I've gotten into a few hot arguments with a couple of charming members, but I've never used that kind of vitriol for an issue like this.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 09:48:03 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1479 on: October 17, 2011, 09:47:48 PM »

Holiday has repeatedly said that there are no restrictions on discussing pending auction.  This was obviously a multi-thousand dollar, high-profile auction perfectly appropriate for public discussion - especially once it blew up to $1,000 with multiple fat wallet bidders -  yet I've been called a "moron," (by a moderator!) a "reckless idiot," "douchebag" (by another moderator, who later apologized) and told that I was "deliberate fucking" other APF members out of spite.  

I agree with Mel again, much to the chagrin of Chris
 sm1

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1480 on: October 17, 2011, 09:53:50 PM »
I agree with Mel again, much to the chagrin of Chris
 sm1

He must have dropped a load in one of your most recent auctions?
Chris

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1481 on: October 17, 2011, 09:54:26 PM »

Holiday has repeatedly said that there are no restrictions on discussing pending auctions.  This was obviously a multi-thousand dollar, high-profile auction perfectly appropriate for public discussion - especially once it blew up to $1,000 with multiple fat wallet bidders -  yet I've been called a "moron," (by a moderator!) a "reckless idiot," "douchebag" (by another moderator, who later apologized) and told that I was "deliberate fucking" other APF members out of spite.  

I've gotten into a few hot arguments with a couple of charming members, but I've never used that kind of vitriol for an issue like this.

You are still circling Mel.  How much fuel is left? 
Chris

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1482 on: October 17, 2011, 10:12:13 PM »

not at all or for months

I actually agree with him and  I DISAGREE WITH YOU!!
 deadhorse

-------

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #1483 on: October 17, 2011, 10:14:22 PM »
Let`s not start all over fellas...
Everyone take a deep breath, relax, and keep guiltlessly outing every shit you`re not planning to bid on.
No one`s gonna make you stop doing it... except maybe Chris... He`s from Canada and we all know canadians are poster terrorists  ;D
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1484 on: October 17, 2011, 10:16:28 PM »

Hey Chris, I really mean this in the nicest possible way :)

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1485 on: October 17, 2011, 10:16:46 PM »

oh.. find out for sure.. spend $10,000 with me during teh next few weeks and see how much I agree with you then

-------

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1486 on: October 17, 2011, 10:17:59 PM »
Let`s not start all over fellas...
Everyone take a deep breath, relax, and keep guiltlessly outing every shit you`re not planning to bid on.
No one`s gonna make you stop doing it... except maybe Chris... He`s from Canada and we all know canadians are poster terrorists  ;D

I am hoping it can soon get to the point where Rich responds to every post in this thread with his caps lock on.  Because nothing fights against censorship like CAPS!
Chris

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1487 on: October 17, 2011, 10:18:58 PM »
Or maybe in the spirit of sharing T will finally put me in touch with his sources for reasonably-priced, rare french posters?   ;)

My God, I can't believe you guys are still chitchatting over this!!!  What's the big deal?  You don't like this thread, don't look at it.  I have never publicly shared mid-auctions I'm not interested in and never will.  If I do, I send an email to friends and that's the end of it.  But that's me.  If Mel wants to do it, it is his God given right.  And it's also your right to ignore it, as I do.  Holiday and I will not censor it, nor will we make this a member only thread.  This is not MPF, people.

And Matt... nice try, buddy.  Tell me what you're looking for, and I'll try to find it for you.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1488 on: October 17, 2011, 10:19:09 PM »
oh.. find out for sure.. spend $10,000 with me during teh next few weeks and see how much I agree with you then

Not until you start typing "the" correctly (it's been years Rich!)
Chris

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #1489 on: October 17, 2011, 10:19:40 PM »
I am hoping it can soon get to the point where Rich responds to every post in this thread with his caps lock on.  Because nothing fights against censorship like CAPS!

laugh1

"Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #1490 on: October 17, 2011, 10:20:13 PM »
not at all or for months

I actually agree with him and  I DISAGREE WITH YOU!!
 deadhorse

I'm asking this in all seriousness Rich... do you disagree with us calling Mel a hypocrite (meaning you don't think he is being one)?  Or do you disagree with us for giving him shit for it?  Or something else entirely?

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1491 on: October 17, 2011, 10:21:18 PM »
If Mel wants to do it, it is his God given right.  

T

So which one of you is God - you or Holiday?

Never thought God could be a Frenchman!
Chris

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #1492 on: October 17, 2011, 10:22:30 PM »
Hey Chris, I really mean this in the nicest possible way :)

Blood!
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1493 on: October 17, 2011, 10:22:58 PM »
So which one of you is God - you or Holiday?

Never thought God could be a Frenchman!

That's because you don't think that much.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1494 on: October 17, 2011, 10:23:01 PM »
I'm asking this in all seriousness Rich... do you disagree with us calling Mel a hypocrite (meaning you don't think he is being one)?  Or do you disagree with us for giving him shit for it?  Or something else entirely?

RICH JUST REVELS IN ANARCHY (HYPOCRISY INCLUDED OF COURSE).
Chris

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #1495 on: October 17, 2011, 10:28:43 PM »

I totally agree with Mel on this.  He generally argues like those fancy french people who slap each other with gloves in those old movies.  But, Mel has done nothing to deserve such personal attacks.  I wish Brude was here to find a gif of fancy french men slapping each other with gloves prior to fighting.   ;D

Brian

« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 10:32:38 PM by ATLfun »
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1496 on: October 17, 2011, 10:30:47 PM »
RICH JUST REVELS IN ANARCHY (HYPOCRISY INCLUDED OF COURSE).

You guys should be featured on "Profiles in Courage."  This is not about me.  It's about your holy crusade to end all discussion of pending auctions. Why don't you take on our forum duo-lords who have repeatedly said there are no restrictions on discussing pending auctions?  
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 10:32:28 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1497 on: October 17, 2011, 10:34:53 PM »
You guys should be featured on "Profiles in Courage."  This is not about me.  It's about your holy crusade to end all discussion of pending auctions. Why don't you take on our forum duo-lords who have repeatedly said there are no restrictions on discussing pending auctions?  

Mel you still have no clue. 

Even if this were the issue, I still need to know which one of the two is the uber-lord?
Chris

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1498 on: October 17, 2011, 10:37:24 PM »
I totally agree with Mel on this.  He generally argues like those fancy french people who slap each other with gloves in those old movies.  

If I ever get down to Atlanta, expect this, pal

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1499 on: October 17, 2011, 10:39:38 PM »
See the thing about those fancy, fighting frenchies is that after all the pussy-ass glove slapping, the issue had to be resolved by way of a duel - someone had to go!

So, yeah, not so pussyriffic afterall...
Chris