Author Topic: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2203600 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #800 on: April 13, 2011, 10:02:10 PM »
What the hell?

http://cgi.ebay.com/English-1sht-movie-poster-RAIDERS-LOST-ARK-1981-/350455492176?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5198c66e50#ht_750wt_905

So I've been looking for this poster for a while. This seller has listed this poster twice, I've been in touch with him a number of times about whether or not he has another one of these posters without tape and pin damage. The damage is pretty bad considering what it should be. There are 2-3 pinholes in each corner, the tape has stained the paper, and there are stray pinholes in unusual parts of the poster. He has been listing it for $49.99 and not received a single bid all three times I've seen it.

Now he's decided to list the same poster for $125. What?

Offer him 49.99... and stress those tape stains in the corners...  ;)  .. maybe he will go for it.. and still give you free shipping... :-\

-Jeff

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #801 on: April 14, 2011, 12:15:04 AM »
I must not have been clear initially.

I want this poster, but not in this condition. When it first surfaced I sent him a message asking if he might have a second poster in nicer condition, which he did not. I asked for a number of close-up pictures of the damage and was really put out. It has too many pinholes and the tape damage is extremely unsightly. Even at $49.99, I couldn't bring myself to buy a UK Raiders poster in that condition. I knew that even if I bought this damaged one I'd be sitting there waiting for a nicer one to replace it, and $50 is a lot to drop on a placeholder.

I was simply remarking that after two failed 10-day cycles at $49.99 he upped the price to $125, although Wonka's explanation makes sense. And it it makes you feel any better, Mr. Wonka, I have an Amsel-art Raiders daybill on the way as we speak.

And before anybody gets on my back for buying a daybill, I prefer the wording of the text better. In our last thread I explained that the subtle text changed makes Indy sound more like a new roller coaster at a popular theme park where the 1-Sheet makes him sound more like a new flavor of ice cream. I also accidentally insinuated that Indiana Jones was bisexual and it was a quality I particularly fancied in the character. Sometimes I'm bad at explaining things.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #802 on: April 14, 2011, 12:38:11 AM »
Anthony, this poster is not that rare.  Don't get something you don't really want, even at a low price.  What's the point.  There are a few more Raiders poster I'm looking for to finish my collection, so I'm always on the lookout.  I'll let you know the next time a clean one pops up.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #803 on: April 14, 2011, 01:04:22 AM »
Anthony, this poster is not that rare.  Don't get something you don't really want, even at a low price.  What's the point.  There are a few more Raiders poster I'm looking for to finish my collection, so I'm always on the lookout.  I'll let you know the next time a clean one pops up.

T

Yeah, thanks Thierry. There's one on eMovie right now but it has an NZ rating stamp on it that makes me not want it. I've been waiting patiently for some time and will continue to do so. I never had the intention of buying some poor quality copy, but when something's there you want you do pay some attention.

Ogami_Itto

« Reply #804 on: April 14, 2011, 10:55:47 AM »
I am sorry but how do you

"accidentally insinuated that Indiana Jones was bisexual and it was a quality I particularly fancied in the character."

thats a hell of an accidental statement.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #805 on: April 14, 2011, 02:08:24 PM »

"accidentally insinuated that Indiana Jones was bisexual and it was a quality I particularly fancied in the character."

Yeah. I agree.

I am going to speak to the mods about having Anthony temporarily banned for his ridiculousness.  whip
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #806 on: April 14, 2011, 02:16:35 PM »

Indeed...

Different strokes for different folks, is all I can say..  he already has the whip  if Anthony hopes that he swings both ways...   laugh1

-Jeff

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #807 on: April 14, 2011, 07:21:08 PM »
Here is one you guys will be fighting over..check out the Hi-def pics..

Bargain

Jeezum crow, I was gonna jump on this 'un cuz the pic is so good, then I read this...
"Has creases from magazine fold but still looks great. £50 ONO"
 spew

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #808 on: April 14, 2011, 07:51:35 PM »
Jeezum crow, I was gonna jump on this 'un cuz the pic is so good, then I read this...
"Has creases from magazine fold but still looks great. £50 ONO"
 spew

I wonder what that means? "creases from magazine fold..."

-Jeff

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #809 on: April 14, 2011, 08:56:58 PM »
I wonder what that means? "creases from magazine fold..."

Sounds like it is a fold-out poster from a magazine and not a true movie poster.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #810 on: April 15, 2011, 10:24:04 AM »
Thierry, I found this E.T. poster I bet you don't have for your collection.

Better be quick, someone else might grab it:

E.T. rarity up NOW.

I was mistaken,

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #811 on: April 15, 2011, 10:31:22 AM »
That is awesome Ben!  I think the producers of that film should sue Spielberg... it says this poster is from the 70s so clearly that is where Spielberg got his inspiration for his landmark 1982 film!

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #812 on: April 15, 2011, 10:35:22 AM »
Ha, yep...Spielberg is obviously plagiarizing this project...I mean its so blatant!

Also, I have to say that the look on E.T.'s face is pretty realistic when you take into account what is happening south of the border. Go E.T., Go!

I was mistaken,

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #813 on: April 15, 2011, 10:57:18 AM »
Thierry, I found this E.T. poster I bet you don't have for your collection.

Better be quick, someone else might grab it:

E.T. rarity up NOW.

Classic!
Chris

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #814 on: April 15, 2011, 11:22:50 AM »
That is awesome Ben!  I think the producers of that film should sue Spielberg... it says this poster is from the 70s so clearly that is where Spielberg got his inspiration for his landmark 1982 film!

And then Spielberg could sue the producers of this 1983 argentinean film called "los extraterrestres" (the extraterrestrials) that shamelessly plagiarized E.T. (and the alien was was even lamer that the one in wonka`s link)

Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #815 on: April 15, 2011, 05:58:19 PM »
375 one sheets.. from the 70's and 80's.. for just $20,635.00   jawdrop

http://cgi.ebay.com/27x41-1Sht-One-sheet-Movie-Poster-Collection-375-titles-/360349407366?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e67f9886

i guess it would be one way to jump start a collection...  ;)

Jeff

-Jeff

Bruce

« Reply #816 on: April 16, 2011, 11:49:47 AM »
Are these things rare? They may not be valuable, but they sure would look cool in a true Star Wars buffs room!

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2154372

Bruce

Bruce

« Reply #817 on: April 16, 2011, 11:53:40 AM »
How about these? I wish I knew anything about these kinds of things!

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2160070

Bruce

longdog

« Reply #818 on: April 16, 2011, 12:11:59 PM »
Are these things rare? They may not be valuable, but they sure would look cool in a true Star Wars buffs room!

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2154372

Bruce

Hard to say exactly what value to put on these at the moment but it is rare to see a complete set (we never had the Jar Jar or Mace Windu styles here in the UK) and to also see them in great condition. The rare ones are the robot and Wato which didn't seem to have the same print run (or usage) as the other characters.

Paul.

Bruce

« Reply #819 on: April 16, 2011, 12:20:34 PM »
Yeah Paul I could see anyone hanging up five of these by themselves, but I can't imagine anyone displaying just the robot or Wato by themselves.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #820 on: April 18, 2011, 09:53:13 PM »
My birthday is coming up in early May, I was hoping that my homies here would perhaps work out a group gift, it would be a really nice gesture.

I love you all very much. It's true.

I was mistaken,

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #821 on: April 19, 2011, 03:15:05 PM »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #822 on: April 23, 2011, 11:32:53 PM »
My birthday is coming up in early May, I was hoping that my homies here would perhaps work out a group gift, it would be a really nice gesture.

I love you all very much. It's true.

I wouldn't pay $20 for it.  eyeroll

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #823 on: April 24, 2011, 01:06:11 AM »
I wouldn't pay $20 for it.  eyeroll

For sure, it's one ugly poster.

C'mon Ben, can't you find something better?
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #824 on: April 24, 2011, 08:34:03 AM »
And then Spielberg could sue the producers of this 1983 argentinean film called "los extraterrestres" (the extraterrestrials) that shamelessly plagiarized E.T. (and the alien was was even lamer that the one in wonka`s link)

What about the timeless classic: EXTRATERRESTRE SEXUAL
So disturbing...
http://cgi.ebay.com/EXTRATERRESTRE-SEXUAL-EROTIC-MOVIE-POSTER-ARG-1sh-/320686029727?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aaa607b9f
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.