Author Topic: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2203793 times)

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
Re: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #700 on: April 05, 2011, 03:12:33 PM »
Of course you are.

Straight to the point, eh!? Lol.

What did they sell for originally? 50-60.00 each? More? less?

Jeff

Edition of 400 - yes, they are very nice in my opinion, but $1000+ ???
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #701 on: April 05, 2011, 03:15:58 PM »
Straight to the point, eh!? Lol.

Edition of 400 - yes, they are very nice in my opinion, but $1000+ ???

Adam. were they sold as a set initially? Or separately?

-Jeff

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #702 on: April 05, 2011, 04:12:22 PM »
Or how about this..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Big-Trouble-Little-China-Poster-Print-40-Stout-GID-/140527978137?pt=Art_Prints&hash=item20b81ec699

$2500.00 BIN ?!?  jawdrop

It looks unfinished. If I ever owned one of those, I'd attack it with acrylics.  wynk

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #703 on: April 05, 2011, 04:15:34 PM »
It looks unfinished. If I ever owned one of those, I'd attack it with acrylics.  wynk

Ted.. his style reminds me of the old paint by numbers canvases.   ;)

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #704 on: April 05, 2011, 04:22:40 PM »
Ted.. his style reminds me of the old paint by numbers canvases.   ;)

Jeff
Etch-A-Sketch...thats what it remind me of...penny just dropped..

Stew

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #705 on: April 05, 2011, 04:23:02 PM »
Just as an F.Y.I., I received a Pulp Fiction Lucky Strikes poster yesterday (the same one another member here bought about a week ago and returned to the seller).  It is severely faded, but appears to me to be legit.  It took me about half a second to determine that it was far more faded than what the seller had described as "faded a bit", and I didn't want to keep it, so I contacted him stating that I wanted to return it for a full refund and within 5 minutes he sent me an email basically saying "no problem", but he also re-listed it (and I just took it to the post office a few hours ago) and the auction ends on Thursday, so it probably won't be delivered to him until after the auction ends.  I did ship it in a tube from Hideyuki, so it should arrive safely to him.  Also, as previously stated, it is extremely faded, and IMO doesn't look as bad in the photo as it does in person.  I'm not sure if he didn't realize the extent to which it has faded, as the description in the current auction states "it has faded quite a bit", and I took a couple photos of it next to it's original German counterpart I bought from Bruce, and the color difference is significant.  It seems like he has good customer service, he has responded to all my emails, and assured me that he will give me a refund, but I just wanted to let y'all know of the situation.  That was cool of Mel to post the link to the auction for it a few weeks ago, and it's unfortunate that it is in a lot worse condition than can be seen from the seller's photo.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 04:38:32 PM by NeoLoco »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #706 on: April 05, 2011, 04:26:46 PM »
This exact poster for THE GHOUL just sold in Heritage's auction, at the end of March 2011, for $4182.50, including the 19.5% BP.

Here is one on ebay, offered by Cinemasterpieces, with a BIN for $24,995.00 (just under 6x more)   wow1

http://cgi.ebay.com/GHOUL-1SH-HORROR-MOVIE-POSTER-BORIS-KARLOFF-1933-/170432122604?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27ae8bceec

-Jeff

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #707 on: April 05, 2011, 06:03:34 PM »
Adam. were they sold as a set initially? Or separately?

I'm pretty sure this was discussed here at the time of release.
From what I remember, and from what I have read, they were available individually and as sets.
I could be wrong though. Maybe one of the Alamo/Mondo nuts can confirm or kick my ass on this!
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #708 on: April 05, 2011, 06:24:53 PM »
This exact poster for THE GHOUL just sold in Heritage's auction, at the end of March 2011, for $4182.50, including the 19.5% BP.
Here is one on ebay, offered by Cinemasterpieces, with a BIN for $24,995.00 (just under 6x more)   wow1
http://cgi.ebay.com/GHOUL-1SH-HORROR-MOVIE-POSTER-BORIS-KARLOFF-1933-/170432122604?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27ae8bcee

Dave has been advertising that Ghoul for sale for over a year now, and seeing as it took Heritage two attempts to find a buyer at $4182, I would expect Dave to be advertising it for several more years.  But since it's on consignment it probably doesn't matter to him either way.

As for the Pulp Fiction Lucky Strikes poster, I do have a mint one available for an interested party.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #709 on: April 05, 2011, 06:40:22 PM »

No, you're not saying Cinemasterprices sell their good at inflated costs are you??  ;D

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #710 on: April 05, 2011, 07:02:40 PM »
Just as an F.Y.I., I received a Pulp Fiction Lucky Strikes poster yesterday (the same one another member here bought about a week ago and returned to the seller).  It is severely faded, but appears to me to be legit.  It took me about half a second to determine that it was far more faded than what the seller had described as "faded a bit", and I didn't want to keep it, so I contacted him stating that I wanted to return it for a full refund and within 5 minutes he sent me an email basically saying "no problem", but he also re-listed it (and I just took it to the post office a few hours ago) and the auction ends on Thursday, so it probably won't be delivered to him until after the auction ends.  I did ship it in a tube from Hideyuki, so it should arrive safely to him.  Also, as previously stated, it is extremely faded, and IMO doesn't look as bad in the photo as it does in person.  I'm not sure if he didn't realize the extent to which it has faded, as the description in the current auction states "it has faded quite a bit", and I took a couple photos of it next to it's original German counterpart I bought from Bruce, and the color difference is significant.  It seems like he has good customer service, he has responded to all my emails, and assured me that he will give me a refund, but I just wanted to let y'all know of the situation.  That was cool of Mel to post the link to the auction for it a few weeks ago, and it's unfortunate that it is in a lot worse condition than can be seen from the seller's photo.

I also bought and returned the same poster a few weeks ago.  It is definitely legit, just way to faded for my tastes.  To the seller's credit, they took the return with no fuss.  To any of you interested, I think Neo's pics accurately represent the degree of fading (i.e. severe).  Here is the latest auction (the seller has listed it about 6 times now)... I personally wouldn't throw more than a few bucks at it as a curiosity....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230605522053&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #711 on: April 05, 2011, 07:30:32 PM »
Just as an F.Y.I., I received a Pulp Fiction Lucky Strikes poster yesterday (the same one another member here bought about a week ago and returned to the seller).  It is severely faded, but appears to me to be legit.  It took me about half a second to determine that it was far more faded than what the seller had described as "faded a bit", and I didn't want to keep it, so I contacted him stating that I wanted to return it for a full refund and within 5 minutes he sent me an email basically saying "no problem", but he also re-listed it (and I just took it to the post office a few hours ago) and the auction ends on Thursday, so it probably won't be delivered to him until after the auction ends.  I did ship it in a tube from Hideyuki, so it should arrive safely to him.  Also, as previously stated, it is extremely faded, and IMO doesn't look as bad in the photo as it does in person.  I'm not sure if he didn't realize the extent to which it has faded, as the description in the current auction states "it has faded quite a bit", and I took a couple photos of it next to it's original German counterpart I bought from Bruce, and the color difference is significant.  It seems like he has good customer service, he has responded to all my emails, and assured me that he will give me a refund, but I just wanted to let y'all know of the situation.  That was cool of Mel to post the link to the auction for it a few weeks ago, and it's unfortunate that it is in a lot worse condition than can be seen from the seller's photo.

This is more of a general note and I am not saying that it is the case here, but you want to be careful comparing color levels from posters of diferent countries. 

That german looks a little 'hot', if you know what I mean...   :)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #712 on: April 05, 2011, 07:39:32 PM »
http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2147233

$2,500 and counting on the In a Lonely Place French One-Panel

Yes Matt I am jealous but man enough to admit it ;)
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #713 on: April 05, 2011, 08:09:31 PM »
GRAND ILLUSION... 3950.00 and going to Posteritati... WOW!

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #714 on: April 05, 2011, 08:48:57 PM »
This is more of a general note and I am not saying that it is the case here, but you want to be careful comparing color levels from posters of diferent countries. 

That german looks a little 'hot', if you know what I mean...   :)

Yeah, I figured they are not going to be identical in color, but fairly close.

No, I don't know what you mean.  Would you mind explaining?

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #715 on: April 05, 2011, 09:20:36 PM »
http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2147233

$2,500 and counting on the In a Lonely Place French One-Panel

Yes Matt I am jealous but man enough to admit it ;)

I'm a happy man right now.  ;D

And while I was surprised at the IALP result, I'm not at all surprised about the Grand Illusion going for $4K.  That is a damn pretty and damn rare poster right there.  Worth every penny.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #716 on: April 06, 2011, 10:56:42 AM »
Hmmm..... I just noticed that Posteritati was the high bidder on the Grand Illusion poster.  That must be frustrating for the private collectors bidding on this piece. 

Cue relisting on their site for $10K in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...  :(

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
    • CineMasterpieces Movie Posters
« Reply #717 on: April 06, 2011, 12:32:07 PM »

for allposterforum members only..........if you buy THE GHOUL we will throw in a free PRETTY WOMAN one sheet for free!!

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #718 on: April 06, 2011, 12:33:31 PM »
for allposterforum members only..........if you buy THE GHOUL we will throw in a free PRETTY WOMAN one sheet for free!!

laugh1 laugh1 laugh1

Bruce

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #720 on: April 06, 2011, 01:44:54 PM »

This did make me laugh ...
Nice one, Dave  laugh1
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #721 on: April 06, 2011, 01:57:57 PM »

Im having this one... Dave here are my bank account details..
Sort Code 55-55-55
Account number 55555555

Get in...Pretty Woman  ;D

Stew
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 03:49:29 PM by stewart boyle »

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #722 on: April 06, 2011, 02:02:02 PM »
here's the poster Dave is going to send you

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
« Reply #723 on: April 06, 2011, 03:47:08 PM »

don't you just love my boots!

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
« Reply #724 on: April 06, 2011, 03:48:46 PM »

and if anybody wants to tell me to go fuck myself, now would be the appropriate time.