Author Topic: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2203457 times)

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Re: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #7325 on: February 19, 2016, 12:50:33 AM »
Yes.

This, some of us do know, T.  ;)

This means, Jeff is no dummy T

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7326 on: February 19, 2016, 12:52:36 AM »
I guess you learn something every day.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7327 on: February 19, 2016, 12:53:57 AM »
 imbecile.gif

hope so. prayer.gif
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 12:55:05 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #7328 on: February 19, 2016, 12:58:57 AM »
^ haha

Mirosae

« Reply #7329 on: February 19, 2016, 02:40:12 AM »
Dear Clint,

You're not the boss of me.

Signed,

Debbie

Haha ;D That is what I thought!

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #7330 on: February 19, 2016, 10:58:16 AM »

This means, Jeff is no dummy T

It means Jeff is actually 17 year old intern.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 11:00:40 AM by Crazy Vick »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7331 on: February 19, 2016, 12:14:24 PM »
It means Jeff is actually 17 year old intern.

Im like SO busted.  blowingkiss.gif

-Jeff

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #7332 on: February 19, 2016, 02:53:37 PM »
I'm jealous Vick... Jeff, blow me some kisses

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7333 on: February 19, 2016, 03:02:39 PM »
I'm jealous Vick... Jeff, blow me some kisses

:-* :-* blowingkiss.gif girly.gif  ;D

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7334 on: February 20, 2016, 04:53:02 PM »
Title LC for Casablanca.

BIN: $8950.00 / OBO

Needs some reworking and touch ups to the 4 corners, but the art looks vibrant and unfaded.  bed1
It isn't described as backed, but it looks like fiber strands around the top, left and bottom borders. Not sure what that is, tho.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CASABLANCA-ORIGINAL-MOVIE-POSTER-TITLE-LOBBY-CARD-1942-11x14-SUPERB-COLOR/401056712546?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140602152332%26meid%3D22644191f31d4fa3b0ac5c92cb3d79ca%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D391385639029

BIN

-Jeff

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #7335 on: February 22, 2016, 07:43:34 AM »

EMP description:
"sexy artwork of teen with milk jugs!"

Looking at the poster I would describe them as milk bottles, but I get where you are coming from

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7336 on: February 22, 2016, 10:40:42 AM »
 thumbsup.gif  Funny!

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline basemem

• Hobbyist
    • Poster Collector
« Reply #7337 on: February 24, 2016, 03:51:57 PM »
Great description there from EMP! Did make me laugh
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 03:52:21 PM by basemem »

Offline YugoMoviePoster

• Beginner
« Reply #7338 on: February 28, 2016, 03:56:40 AM »

www.allposterforum.com/index.php?action=post;topic=833.7325;num_replies=7340

What a FAN-TA-STICK image of Diana Dors !!!  :o :o :o  faint2.gif
I can't stop staring like a hypnotised.

Shame about condition though...  eyeroll

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic

-Jeff

Offline YugoMoviePoster

• Beginner
« Reply #7340 on: March 06, 2016, 06:02:28 AM »
Please take a look on those two Metropolis Ross signed postcards, at EMP auctions that are closing today:

Both are (allegedly) "personally autographed (signed) by Brigitte Helm!".

Now, You don`t need to be Sherlock Holmes to realise that those two signatures are completely different.
After about a minute of googling, it is clear that first one FOR SURE is not Brigitte Helm signature.
The second one is probably authentic.

So, instead of Metropolis postcard ""personally autographed (signed) by Brigitte Helm!"." you have Metropolis Postcard ruined with fake signature.

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #7341 on: March 06, 2016, 08:03:07 AM »
Please take a look on those two Metropolis Ross signed postcards, at EMP auctions that are closing today:

Both are (allegedly) "personally autographed (signed) by Brigitte Helm!".

Now, You don`t need to be Sherlock Holmes to realise that those two signatures are completely different.
After about a minute of googling, it is clear that first one FOR SURE is not Brigitte Helm signature.
The second one is probably authentic.

So, instead of Metropolis postcard ""personally autographed (signed) by Brigitte Helm!"." you have Metropolis Postcard ruined with fake signature.

Have you let Bruce and his team know. They will amend the description and maybe even re-do the listing.
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

Offline YugoMoviePoster

• Beginner
« Reply #7342 on: March 06, 2016, 09:00:14 AM »
Have you let Bruce and his team know. They will amend the description and maybe even re-do the listing.

I have noticed this today. And they don`t work on weekend, so there is no point to send email now.
Otherway, I would surely let them know directly - as I always do.

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #7343 on: March 06, 2016, 01:33:38 PM »
I have noticed this today. And they don`t work on weekend, so there is no point to send email now.
Otherway, I would surely let them know directly - as I always do.

Once again, someone does everything right in pointing out an obvious error in our listing, EXCEPT that they don't bother contacting us in any way!

As I have repeatedly said, it is fine with me if you want to brag about finding a mistake here on this forum, but please ALSO take a moment to click on the "ASK QUESTION" link on the auction, so we can be notified and fix it.

Luckily, I happened to see this today before it closed, and I got Matt to meet me at work while we are closed.

We ended the auction, notified those who bid on it or looked at it that it was not signed, and we will re-list it in the future as being a card where someone wrote her name on it, and that it is not signed by her.

Thanks for helping, but you would be a far bigger help if you would LET US KNOW DIRECTLY, even on the weekends, because I AM willing to go to the extra trouble of going to work and fixing it even then!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 01:35:11 PM by BruceH »
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline YugoMoviePoster

• Beginner
« Reply #7344 on: March 06, 2016, 01:50:41 PM »
Yes, the error was mine. Sorry folks. Please accept my sincere apologies for the mistake. Be sure that I will not do it again. :-X

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #7345 on: March 06, 2016, 01:55:59 PM »
Yes, the error was mine. Sorry folks. Please accept my sincere apologies for the mistake. Be sure that I will not do it again. :-X

You thought there was nothing to be done because we are closed, so it is understandable. But it REALLY only takes a second to notify us, and you surely spent a lot more time making your post.

I very much DO want you (and everyone else) to keep finding errors!

So I apologize if I was too harsh in my post above. Thanks for the help, and I promise to always fix mistakes in the future, just as we have done in the past!
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7346 on: March 06, 2016, 01:59:16 PM »

You made no mistake and you were also not "bragging" in any way, shape or form, imho.

You posted to the forum and merely pointed out the difference in 2 signatures, thinking that emp was closed.

-Jeff

Offline YugoMoviePoster

• Beginner
« Reply #7347 on: March 06, 2016, 02:19:25 PM »
Yes, It was too harsh. But, everything is OK.

The auctions are up for a week. There is no chance that nobody else did not notice error with the auction.
But some people just don`t care to do others job, and correct others errors.

I always like to help, whenever I can. As you already know that Bruce.

It was strange to me that auction with the BRIGITTE HELM signature on Metropolis postcard, was at the moment at so much lower price, than the other BRIGITTE HELM signed postcard.
It should be the otherway. So, that is implying that SOME people did noticed error and avoid to bid on the auction.
I wanted to bid, looked at card and it looked strange so I have compare it with other one and noticed obvious error.

As said, always when I see something like that I send email to Matt. But, since it is sunday I presume that you don`t work as it stated on EMP website.
So, that only way (as I saw it) to draw attention to that error was to post it here. Anybody who read it, could also let you know, but no one did it.
So please don't shoot the messenger.  ;)

« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 02:23:37 PM by YugoMoviePoster »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7348 on: March 06, 2016, 02:38:30 PM »
On this remaining card: http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4161977

How is this autograph known to be Helm's, for certain? What is the provenance of this card (and the other signed examples) and can the autograph be said to be hers, 100%? (vs it having been written by someone who was merely copying her style).

Nothing is discussed in this regard, in the description.

Or is that left for the winning bidder to determine, after the fact? dontknow.gif

The sig almost looks like it was written with a grease pencil or crayon.

-Jeff

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #7349 on: March 06, 2016, 02:44:20 PM »
Yes, It was too harsh. But, everything is OK.

The auctions are up for a week. There is no chance that nobody else did not notice error with the auction.
But some people just don`t care to do others job, and correct others errors.

I always like to help, whenever I can. As you already know that Bruce.

It was strange to me that auction with the BRIGITTE HELM signature on Metropolis postcard, was at the moment at so much lower price, than the other BRIGITTE HELM signed postcard.
It should be the otherway. So, that is implying that SOME people did noticed error and avoid to bid on the auction.
I wanted to bid, looked at card and it looked strange so I have compare it with other one and noticed obvious error.

As said, always when I see something like that I send email to Matt. But, since it is sunday I presume that you don`t work as it stated on EMP website.
So, that only way (as I saw it) to draw attention to that error was to post it here. Anybody who read it, could also let you know, but no one did it.
So please don't shoot the messenger.  ;)

Even when we are not at work, I still check the emails about errors. Some I can fix from home, and others, if they seem important enough, I drop what I am doing and go to work, as I did today!

And you are right that most serious collectors knew it was not her signature, which accounted for the low bid price.

If you had not posted, and I had not seen it, the only difference is that first thing Monday I would have emailed the high bidder telling them it was not a signature, and it would have been cancelled after the fact. And then it would have been re-auctioned, correctly described, just as it now will be.

Once again, I greatly appreciate your pointing it out. Just please do ALWAYS notify us, as I DO monitor the emails on the times we are closed.