Author Topic: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2203716 times)

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
Re: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #7075 on: October 29, 2015, 10:40:13 AM »
Yeah, me too, Rosa.  Come on PiH guys, wth?  I'm actually thinking of making the drive down there (10+ hours) for this one as I'm hoping the lobbies I've been waiting for will show up in this auction.  If they'd just make it clear on how (or if) shipping is available it would definitely be a good thing.  Guess I could call and find out at some point, but seriously...?
For sale and trade posters: *Here*

Mirosae

« Reply #7076 on: October 29, 2015, 02:13:18 PM »
Yeah, me too, Rosa.  Come on PiH guys, wth?  I'm actually thinking of making the drive down there (10+ hours) for this one as I'm hoping the lobbies I've been waiting for will show up in this auction.  If they'd just make it clear on how (or if) shipping is available it would definitely be a good thing.  Guess I could call and find out at some point, but seriously...?

It sounds like a good plan to me Peter. And yes.. I emailed the team already twice.. I think they want to get all the pics up at the same time. Which I do not understand, HA has the (good) habit of posting posters as they come along.. I am not very good at waiting... :P

Hope you get your LCs!!   I am after a *********   yeeeeeeees..hehehe :-X :P ;)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7077 on: October 29, 2015, 02:29:53 PM »
Will be curious to see how Jezebel lands, when all is said and done. Currently, she's set at $2500.00

Beautiful Ms Davis...  bed1

http://movieposters.ha.com/itm/movie-posters/drama/jezebel-warner-brothers-1938-one-sheet-27-x-41-/a/7113-86080.s?type=bidnotice-tracked-dailystatus

-Jeff

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #7078 on: October 29, 2015, 03:22:48 PM »
Tonight's EMP auction has a number of posters from the estate of the late Lee Sanders, longtime Hollywood projectionist and movie poster collector. 

Here's a video, seems like he was a nice fella.

Mirosae

« Reply #7079 on: October 29, 2015, 03:45:49 PM »
Tonight's EMP auction has a number of posters from the estate of the late Lee Sanders, longtime Hollywood projectionist and movie poster collector. 

Here's a video, seems like he was a nice fella.

Oh boy...i got emotional watching this... :P thanks for sharing!!

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #7080 on: October 29, 2015, 11:32:30 PM »
A rare and early Lenticular!  Nope......just a typo. Phil has been notified.

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4032297

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7081 on: October 30, 2015, 12:16:15 AM »
A rare and early Lenticular!  Nope......just a typo. Phil has been notified.

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4032297

So it's not rare? LOL. Which part is the typo?

-Jeff

Offline Filmlobbycards

• Hobbyist
« Reply #7082 on: October 30, 2015, 03:02:26 AM »

I had no idea about their shipping either for Morrie's 1st auction but I just bid anyway...they sent me an invoice with shipping for $50...i didn't have to ask or arrange anything ....I think it was FEDEx priority and it was packed well...went out a few days after paying....quick and painless...
Tait

Mirosae

« Reply #7083 on: October 30, 2015, 03:57:52 AM »
I had no idea about their shipping either for Morrie's 1st auction but I just bid anyway...they sent me an invoice with shipping for $50...i didn't have to ask or arrange anything ....I think it was FEDEx priority and it was packed well...went out a few days after paying....quick and painless...

That's good to know Tait. Thanks. I tried to get an idea of the Int prices there but got nowhere. Must say, last time (with HA) I disputed the shipping costs and managed to get it all for a very reasonable amount. I think it was $46 intern with Fedex. Anyway..good luck both with your bidding!

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
« Reply #7084 on: October 30, 2015, 04:01:04 PM »
That is indeed good to know, Flc.  Thanks for the info.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7085 on: October 31, 2015, 03:00:10 PM »
Another really great looking WC, for It Happened One Night (1934).  Currently at $1250.00

Tho im not liking the fact that the top imprint area was airbrushed over, and what was printed there originally, can be seen showing slightly thru the paint. Either cover it over all the way, or not at all.  But, to me, that original info should have been left uncovered.

http://movieposters.ha.com/itm/academy-award-winner/it-happened-one-night-columbia-1934-window-card-14-x-22-/a/7113-86009.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

-Jeff

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #7086 on: October 31, 2015, 03:06:33 PM »

Either cover it over all the way, or not at all.  But, to me, that original info should have been left uncovered.

Still a very nice piece, but yeah, that really is half-hearted work.  The original screening info. is a nice touch on a lot of those window cards. 

Mirosae

« Reply #7087 on: October 31, 2015, 05:25:23 PM »
Still a very nice piece, but yeah, that really is half-hearted work.  The original screening info. is a nice touch on a lot of those window cards.  

Same WC was sold in 2010. It didn't stop the buyer last time doubt will stop them now.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 05:25:46 PM by Mirosae »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7088 on: October 31, 2015, 06:43:26 PM »
Still a very nice piece, but yeah, that really is half-hearted work. The original screening info. is a nice touch on a lot of those window cards.  

I agree. Almost like it was a quick "toss away" job.

It could always be re-restored by taking it and having that paint layer removed, and hopefully being able to rescue the printed or stamped text beneath.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 06:44:31 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #7089 on: October 31, 2015, 10:32:41 PM »
I agree. Almost like it was a quick "toss away" job.

It could always be re-restored by taking it and having that paint layer removed, and hopefully being able to rescue the printed or stamped text beneath.

I personally do not own any window cards, yet..... I will admit looking at the latest batch of windows on emp, I think I prefer the ttheater info left as is.....
This Space For Rent!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7090 on: November 02, 2015, 04:39:42 PM »
I personally do not own any window cards, yet..... I will admit looking at the latest batch of windows on emp, I think I prefer the ttheater info left as is.....

If imprinted with play dates, times and the names of the theater and city, I agree. It's another element that adds so much to the history of a piece like that.

-Jeff

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7091 on: November 02, 2015, 09:59:15 PM »
Oh stop it.
Window cards and locandinas were made to be be trimmed.

Offline Filmlobbycards

• Hobbyist
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 02:53:38 PM by Filmlobbycards »
Tait

Offline Filmlobbycards

• Hobbyist
« Reply #7093 on: November 04, 2015, 02:56:49 PM »
And of course this BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!!

Tait

Offline Starling

• Collector
« Reply #7094 on: November 04, 2015, 03:04:44 PM »
And of course this BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!!

This one, I love.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7095 on: November 04, 2015, 05:51:39 PM »
SPECTACULAR LOBBIES AT EMOVIEPOSTER!!!!!!!!

What a selection overall at EMP!  faint2.gif

This one is a real eye catcher, for sure!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:57:10 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Mirosae

« Reply #7096 on: November 05, 2015, 07:46:50 AM »
This is such a wonderful description. It invites you to celebrate, rejoy and (pay). It just makes me happy to read this.  

Tarzan the Ape Man (MGM, 1932). One Sheet (27" X 41") Style D.
Here it is! The first time we have ever seen the other style one sheet for the first Johnny Weissmuller Tarzan film. Never seen for decades, this original 1932 poster (unlike the other style one sheet) actually portrays Weissmuller and co-star Maureen O'Sullivan as they appear in the film. The discovery of the only known copy of this one sheet is incredible! Based on the famous adventure novels by Edgar Rice Burroughs, this initial entry into MGM's series was a tremendous success, with a total of six films done at the studio starring Weissmuller and O'Sullivan. Weissmuller then went on to RKO to make six more! Although there were previous Tarzan films, the MGM versions achieved the greatest popularity with movie audiences.

Prior to the excellent restoration, there were pinholes in the bottom corners and one each in the background corners, There was a small chip in the "T" of Tarzan and a small chip in the second "A" of Tarzan in the titles. There were very small bits of paper loss in Weissmuller's arm and in O'Sullivan's cheek. There has been minor touchup to the folds. The stone litho poster has retained its extraordinary brilliance of color and is in incredible condition. Very Fine on Linen.
Estimate: $40,000 - $80,000.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:53:38 AM by Mirosae »

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
« Reply #7097 on: November 05, 2015, 10:13:05 AM »
Christmas is right around the corner so for those of you who are still wondering what to get me, (you know who you are), this Tarzan poster would go a long way towards forgiving past oversights...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic

-Jeff

Offline Mondo Hazardo

• Collector
    • MOVIE★INK. AMSTERDAM
« Reply #7099 on: November 05, 2015, 12:14:12 PM »
You think? Disagree completely. Geleng has done so much better. It does not look quite like Muni and it is just as the portrait was finished and somebody decided that they needed a lot of slime green from some kind of misguided impression it was a cheap horror flick.