Author Topic: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2203875 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #6850 on: July 11, 2015, 01:43:55 PM »
An 11x15 size Belgian for Casablanca. After some tender TLC and backing, this would look great, as the color looks very vibrant and not faded. The artistic renditions of Bogart and Bergman are top notch, too!  bed1

BIN: $2400.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191627831768?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

-Jeff

Maulcreem

« Reply #6851 on: July 11, 2015, 11:02:21 PM »
Beautiful! Love the colors and large renditions!

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #6852 on: July 15, 2015, 02:50:55 AM »
This one's for you Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6853 on: July 15, 2015, 03:01:54 AM »
Beautiful! Love the colors and large renditions!

I'm So with you on this, MC.

It is some great looking art and a wonderful poster for the film.

Without a doubt.  cheers
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 03:03:24 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6854 on: July 15, 2015, 10:49:28 AM »
This one's for you Chris

That's a big gun no doubt
Chris

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #6855 on: July 15, 2015, 11:12:33 AM »
Ha!  I never noticed the artistic license they took with his gun!

I'm pretty sure the M60 did not have an RPG attachment :)

Mirosae

« Reply #6856 on: July 15, 2015, 12:02:47 PM »
Never watched this film.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6857 on: July 15, 2015, 01:30:44 PM »
I found this studio publicity shot too...the basis of some of the poster art, too, Im guessing.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 01:32:37 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #6858 on: July 15, 2015, 03:15:42 PM »
Kinda surprised that these bus shelters are in a bulk lot at eMovie.  They're some pretty good titles, and they aren't even mentioned in the listing, so they won't appear in people's want lists, the auction history database, Google search, etc.

I consigned them because I moved to a new place recently, and don't have much storage space.

Anyway, they're rad, and in darn good condition.  A few of the designs are only available in the bus shelter size.  The one for Attack of the Clones has a few small pieces of tape (3 if I recall correctly) for very small tears on the border, otherwise they're near perfect.

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=3918262

« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 03:23:04 PM by Neo »

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #6859 on: July 15, 2015, 04:33:21 PM »
i had the same thoughts on why sell as a bulk lot.  I have my eye on them :) good luck

Mirosae

« Reply #6860 on: July 15, 2015, 04:34:35 PM »
NEMO is a great poster. Hope you get a good result.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6861 on: July 15, 2015, 04:47:24 PM »
Kinda surprised that these bus shelters are in a bulk lot at eMovie.  They're some pretty good titles, and they aren't even mentioned in the listing, so they won't appear in people's want lists, the auction history database, Google search, etc.

I consigned them because I moved to a new place recently, and don't have much storage space.

Anyway, they're rad, and in darn good condition.  A few of the designs are only available in the bus shelter size.  The one for Attack of the Clones has a few small pieces of tape (3 if I recall correctly) for very small tears on the border, otherwise they're near perfect.

Good luck, Brandon. Hope the auction kicks some butt for you.  cool1
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 04:47:52 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #6862 on: July 15, 2015, 05:16:46 PM »
I was thinking the positioning of the sun on the Rambo poster was the disturbing bit, but I guess the gun is a bit phallic too

Mirosae

« Reply #6863 on: July 15, 2015, 05:22:17 PM »
I was thinking the positioning of the sun on the Rambo poster was the disturbing bit, but I guess the gun is a bit phallic too

Blimey. Good eye Steve.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #6864 on: July 15, 2015, 10:50:52 PM »
Thanks, y'all.  I'm not expecting these to sell for record-breaking prices, just kinda surprised that they're not listed to get the maximum search results and all.  They're pretty darn rare, and the only others I've seen have sold relatively well.

The one for Attack of the Clones has a few small pieces of tape (3 if I recall correctly) for very small tears on the border, otherwise they're near perfect.

I forgot to mention that is acid-free tape, and the only other real condition issue for any of them is for Tron: Legacy, there is a small piece of the lower left corner missing.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 10:55:11 PM by Neo »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6865 on: July 15, 2015, 11:07:03 PM »
Thanks, y'all.  I'm not expecting these to sell for record-breaking prices, just kinda surprised that they're not listed to get the maximum search results and all.  They're pretty darn rare, and the only others I've seen have sold relatively well.

I forgot to mention that is acid-free tape, and the only other real condition issue for any of them is for Tron: Legacy, there is a small piece of the lower left corner missing.

Hey Brandon, I dont know much about bus shelters, but just by the nature of them being used in 1000's of bus stops throughout the country, at the time of a film's release (or earlier with the teaser versions), what makes them more rare? Are many destroyed afterward?

I would think that the print run, to satisfy the number of required bus stop displays, would be quite high? (or at least for big name titles). Or maybe not? Thanks mucho.  cool1

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #6866 on: July 15, 2015, 11:21:19 PM »
Hey Brandon, I dont know much about bus shelters, but just by the nature of them being used in 1000's of bus stops throughout the country, at the time of a film's release (or earlier with the teaser versions), what makes them more rare? Are many destroyed afterward?

I would think that the print run, to satisfy the number of required bus stop displays, would be quite high? (or at least for big name titles). Or maybe not? Thanks mucho.  cool1

The main factors are:

1. They're definitely not in a large percentage of bus shelters around the country.  They're printed in significantly less numbers than the one sheets for the same films.  It would be interesting to know just how many are printed.

2. They simply do not appear for sale at the usual places often.  As T said here a while ago, after a movie's initial release, you'll see some bus shelters for sale, but after that, they very rarely appear for sale.  

So yeah, many times, they sell for a lot, compared to the one sheets, and other formats for movies of similar years.

Another reason why many of them do much better than the one sheets is because a lot of the designs on bus shelters are not available in any other format.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 11:23:16 PM by Neo »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6867 on: July 15, 2015, 11:36:15 PM »
The main factors are:

1. They're definitely not in a large percentage of bus shelters around the country. They're printed in significantly less numbers than the one sheets for the same films.  It would be interesting to know just how many are printed.

2. They simply do not appear for sale at the usual places often.  As T said here a while ago, after a movie's initial release, you'll see some bus shelters for sale, but after that, they very rarely appear for sale.  

So yeah, many times, they sell for a lot, compared to the one sheets, and other formats for movies of similar years.

Another reason why many of them do much better than the one sheets is because a lot of the designs on bus shelters are not available in any other format.

So for a well publicized title, where the marketing dept is going ALL out... bus shelters are more put to the back burner? I have seen here in LA, for example,  that for big films, bus shelter posters are all over the place (in bus shelters, I mean). As well as billboards, wildings pasted on construction site walls etc.

I can see tho, that the art, only available in the BS size, would be a big selling/collecting point. It's always awesome to learn more about all of this.

Without a doubt.  thumbsup.gif
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 11:44:08 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #6868 on: July 16, 2015, 12:00:44 AM »
So for a well publicized title, where the marketing dept is going ALL out... bus shelters are more put to the back burner? I have seen here in LA, for example,  that for big films, bus shelter posters are all over the place (in bus shelters, I mean). As well as billboards, wildings pasted on construction site walls etc.

I can see tho, that the art, only available in the BS size, would be a big selling/collecting point. It's always awesome to learn more about all of this.

Without a doubt.  thumbsup.gif

Yeah, in LA the bus shelter size is popular, and as you said, billboards, etc.  It's really cool seeing all that stuff there, around Sunset Blvd., Hollywood Blvd., etc.  No where else in the country has nearly that much stuff.  Several of the big bus shelter sellers on eBay are based in California.  Even those guys only seem to only get a handful or so, at most, of them for even the big budget movies.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 12:16:42 AM by Neo »

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #6869 on: July 16, 2015, 12:02:36 AM »
I knew someone in Sydney who worked for the people that do the shelter displays, I tried to get some back door deal, but he said they were VERY strict with exactly what went where and couldn't sneak anything out.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #6870 on: July 16, 2015, 12:02:46 AM »
You mean they didn't ask/tell you they were going to lot them together?  You got a bum deal there. Its not like he has bus shelter auctions very often...even the "oversized item" auctions rarely have bus shelters.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #6871 on: July 16, 2015, 12:20:37 AM »
I knew someone in Sydney who worked for the people that do the shelter displays, I tried to get some back door deal, but he said they were VERY strict with exactly what went where and couldn't sneak anything out.

It seems to be a similar trend in the USA, UK, and possibly other countries, also.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6872 on: July 16, 2015, 12:25:06 AM »
Yeah, in LA the bus shelter size is popular, and as you said, billboards, etc.  It's really cool seeing all that stuff there, around Sunset Blvd., Hollywood Blvd., etc.  No where else in the country has nearly that much stuff.  Several of the big bus shelter sellers on eBay are based in California.  Even those guys only seem to only get a handful or so, at most, of them for even the big budget movies.

You saw it well, Brandon.. as we discussed and I recall.  cool1

Once again... good luck on the sale!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 12:50:32 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #6873 on: July 16, 2015, 12:29:59 AM »

You mean they didn't ask/tell you they were going to lot them together?  You got a bum deal there. Its not like he has bus shelter auctions very often...even the "oversized item" auctions rarely have bus shelters.

Yeah, I don't know their reasoning for listing these in a bulk lot, but I did click the little box on the consignment sheet that says I would allow them to sell stuff in bulk lots.  I may just call them and ask what the deal is with these.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6874 on: July 16, 2015, 12:51:31 PM »
Seems they are fixing it for you, Brandon. I got a notice from EMP this AM, saying they were adjusting the listing and breaking it apart!

Congrats!!!

thumbsup.gif

-Jeff