Author Topic: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2203593 times)

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
Re: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #5950 on: August 20, 2014, 10:13:29 AM »
Maybe T would consider donating some as a way of keeping greasy dealer fingers off his babies?   

I had an extra ww1 Red Cross poster, which I auctioned off on ebay around xmas time under the caveat of proceeds going to the ICRC.  It actually did fairly well, everyone came out happy.  My awesomeness never ceases to amaze me.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #5951 on: August 20, 2014, 10:26:02 AM »
I think you can count on it....

Someone must be listening.  Just noticed on EMP list of future auctions...

8/26 to 9/2  CHANGED inserts and Japanese B2s

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #5952 on: August 20, 2014, 11:40:17 AM »
Nice.  Don't know why, but nice.

I only got 10 of your posters, and all super cheap, because 1) I'm super cheap, and 2) I wanted to make sure you'd get nothing in return.

XOXO

T

I could only manage three out of 12 I bid on.  T beat me out on the Island B1 after a little back and forth (bastard), he also got the Few Good Men (meh), Skyjackers got the Charlie and Chocolate and someone really wanted the Matchpoint...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5953 on: August 20, 2014, 01:15:56 PM »
Oh yeah, that Island B1...  I've wanted it ever since Holiday posted it on his site.  I wasn't going to let it go.  It was probably the only one I was going to fight for.  I don't care so much about any of the other ones I got.  Although I'm happy I got Unforgiven for $28.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #5954 on: August 20, 2014, 01:37:59 PM »
Although I'm happy I got Unforgiven for $28.

T

That was a good buy...

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #5955 on: August 20, 2014, 09:37:00 PM »
Oh yeah, that Island B1...  I've wanted it ever since Holiday posted it on his site.  I wasn't going to let it go.  It was probably the only one I was going to fight for.  I don't care so much about any of the other ones I got.  Although I'm happy I got Unforgiven for $28.

T

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of:  "I don't much care so much about any of the other ones I got."

I have to say, when I was in the mix way back when, when I got a poster in that I bought, it was thrilling to pull that fucker out of the tube and have a look.  I think when I realized I had gotten to the point of collecting for the sake of collecting, that was it for me.

I still buy a few here and there, and when I do, I got that good 'ole lovin' feeling back like it used to be. 
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #5956 on: August 20, 2014, 09:39:25 PM »
That was a good buy...

He's just trying to stir the shit.  I don't care what they go for. Really.  I'm happy to have the fuckers out of my way and into someone else's way.

Now, my collection takes up 6 tubes.  That's down FROM 150 FUCKING TUBES (at least).

And I still have 10 flat files that are filled with another 2000 or so posters that will go eventually, when I can dig them out from behind my secretary's desk that's blocking the drawers.

Man, I am SO over it!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #5957 on: August 20, 2014, 09:58:07 PM »
:)
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #5958 on: August 20, 2014, 10:00:04 PM »
I have to say, when I was in the mix way back when, when I got a poster in that I bought, it was thrilling to pull that fucker out of the tube and have a look. 

I can't wait to pull this one out of the tube.  Thanks a bunch, we owe it all to you H...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5959 on: August 20, 2014, 10:03:52 PM »
He's just trying to stir the shit.

Actually, I wasn't trying to stir the shit.  I am genuinely happy I got it for $28.  And you misinterpreted what I said above.  I didn't mean to say that I didn't care about what I got.  What I meant to say is that I wouldn't have gone much higher than what I got them for.  I did not need them, but I'm happy I got them.

And while you're at it, go fuck yourself.

Love always,

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5960 on: August 20, 2014, 10:06:38 PM »
I can't wait to pull this one out of the tube.  Thanks a bunch, we owe it all to you H...

Yeah, that's a nice one.  I should have gone for it.  I've been very careful with my poster buying lately, because it is linked to the stock market, and as we all know, the market has taken a dive lately.  But now it's up again, so I should have bought it since I know I will never see it again.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #5961 on: August 20, 2014, 10:07:53 PM »
Actually, I wasn't trying to stir the shit.  I am genuinely happy I got it for $28.  And you misinterpreted what I said above.  I didn't mean to say that I didn't care about what I got.  What I meant to say is that I wouldn't have gone much higher than what I got them for.  I did not need them, but I'm happy I got them.

And while you're at it, go fuck yourself.

Love always,

T

I love you too, asshole.

I did misinterpret so thanks for clarifying.  I do get caring to a point.  Some posters I would get at any cost.  Others much less so.

Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #5962 on: August 20, 2014, 10:10:56 PM »
lol
You guys are awesome!  thumbsup.gif

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #5963 on: August 20, 2014, 10:12:12 PM »
I think it's safe to say that nearly every B1 you come across, whether mine or others, you will not see again, or it will be years before you do. The exceptions are few, but they happen, such as the glut of B1s for The Dark Knight or Melancholia that occurred in the last few years. But not many.

One of the B1's that's still with me is for No Country for Old Men.  I have never seen another one since.  If it came up for auction now, it could go for $50 or $500 or $1000 on any given day, depending on whether the right people where there.  I know there are a few out there that would pay over $1000 for it.  And there's a few that wouldn't pay more than $50.  Do you take the risk it won't come up again, waiting for the lower price?  No fucking way.  

I've only been burned a few times. I paid hundreds for Melancholia B1's when they turned out to be as common as Thierry's bullshit.  But, for each one of those, there are 200 at least that did not show up again.

So, the time to buy is when you have the chance.  Wimps need not apply.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #5964 on: August 20, 2014, 10:13:02 PM »
lol
You guys are awesome!  thumbsup.gif

The only other person that puts up with him as easily as me is his wife.  At least I don't have to fuck him.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5965 on: August 20, 2014, 11:01:58 PM »
So, the time to buy is when you have the chance.  Wimps need not apply.

This is so true.  I own about 260 B1s and 95% of them I have only seen once, when I bought them.  I wonder why.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #5966 on: August 20, 2014, 11:04:19 PM »
Because I bought them all.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #5967 on: August 20, 2014, 11:23:50 PM »
 ;D

I am entertained!

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #5968 on: August 20, 2014, 11:34:17 PM »
Because I bought them all.

What he said.. the japanese poster crash has started. Hopefully stuff is gonna get cheaper now!

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #5969 on: August 21, 2014, 08:36:39 AM »
What makes you say that, Dale? And, is that something that tends to be more relevant to B2's as opposed to B1's?
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #5970 on: August 21, 2014, 10:43:38 AM »
I am thinking, with you in dump mode the overall prices in Japanese material in general are going to come down. Yes, I believe you alone had that much impact on this market.

;)

Mirosae

« Reply #5971 on: August 21, 2014, 03:35:08 PM »

It really is a beautiful poster. It has a lovely glow...congrats Charlie!

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #5972 on: August 21, 2014, 03:59:38 PM »
It really is a beautiful poster. It has a lovely glow...congrats Charlie!

Thanks! I am quite proud, as you can tell...  These B1s are impossible to find...

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #5973 on: August 21, 2014, 04:41:07 PM »
I am thinking, with you in dump mode the overall prices in Japanese material in general are going to come down. Yes, I believe you alone had that much impact on this market.

;)

I pretty much agree with Dale.. you lose just a few collectors in any area and you see a downgrade
you sell more of them than can be handled by the market AND you lose just a few collectors and it speeds up faster

the supermarket supply of posters being offered into the hobby is a negative to sustainability to price structures and can be easily examined to see how price deterioration happens

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5974 on: August 21, 2014, 04:57:49 PM »
I think Dale was joking.

It doesn't matter if Holiday sells his entire collection.  It is still one B1 per film available and it only takes one collector off the market.  The rest will continue looking for these posters until they die.

T
My Personal Collection