Author Topic: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2203461 times)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
Re: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #5900 on: July 23, 2014, 01:22:00 PM »
Holiday, your 'Creepiest Avatar Pic on the Internet' streak continues...you continue to outdo yourself in that regard...    thumbsup.gif dontknow.gif  :)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 01:22:21 PM by wonka »
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #5901 on: July 24, 2014, 12:59:31 AM »
Holiday, your 'Creepiest Avatar Pic on the Internet' streak continues...you continue to outdo yourself in that regard...    thumbsup.gif dontknow.gif  :)

It's strange how in internet land, the people who don't post photos of themselves are the most critical of others' photos. 

p.s.: (I know it's a "tehe" thing, just sayin'.)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #5902 on: July 24, 2014, 04:56:31 PM »
Did Mel hijack your account?

I was mistaken,

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5903 on: July 24, 2014, 07:26:56 PM »

Who's Mel?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #5904 on: July 24, 2014, 08:15:16 PM »

Mel is certainly a prime example of the issue.  I don't check the NSF and VPF often, but on those forums, people who don't have any photos of themselves are obsessed with posting his photos and talking trash about him.  The internet world is a strange place.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:18:15 PM by NeoLoco »

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #5905 on: July 24, 2014, 09:48:34 PM »
Mel is certainly a prime example of the issue.  I don't check the NSF and VPF often, but on those forums, people who don't have any photos of themselves are obsessed with posting his photos and talking trash about him.  The internet world is a strange place.

I think something is lost in translation here.

Mel was always about people posting pics of themselves and posters, which never made sense to me on any level, hence my poor attempt at a joke.

I will post a pic of a poster now and again, when I have a camera and a poster handy, but don't feel the need to post any personal pics of myself and do not plan to do so.
People who have an issue with that can get over it. Or not, I don't care.

I was mistaken,

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #5906 on: July 24, 2014, 09:50:01 PM »
Holiday, your 'Creepiest Avatar Pic on the Internet' streak continues...you continue to outdo yourself in that regard...    thumbsup.gif dontknow.gif  :)

Why, thank you, Ben!  I do aspire to be great!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5907 on: July 24, 2014, 10:13:23 PM »
I will post a pic of a poster now and again, when I have a camera and a poster handy, but don't feel the need to post any personal pics of myself and do not plan to do so.

Is it because you're so freaking ugly?
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #5908 on: July 24, 2014, 10:18:16 PM »
Is it because you're so freaking ugly?

Don't want to make your wife jealous, thats all.

I was mistaken,

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5909 on: July 24, 2014, 11:01:15 PM »

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #5910 on: July 25, 2014, 01:23:31 AM »
I think something is lost in translation here.

Mel was always about people posting pics of themselves and posters, which never made sense to me on any level, hence my poor attempt at a joke.

Nothing was lost in translation.  Of course Mel posted photos, and shared a lot of cool information here, which also made him the ultimate target for trolling.

To some people, part of the beauty of the internet is they can just appreciate stuff that other people people share, crack jokes about others, etc. and remain as anonymous as possible so they don't put themselves in a position that the same could happen to them. They don't want photos of themselves on the internet, that could be mocked in the same way that they do to others.  A lot of people don't participate online because of that kind of garbage.  My initial observation still rings true, that the people who don't post photos of themselves or their collections are often the most critical.

The bizarre thing about the internet is that everyone is on some level of anonymity.  Of course, some are at the extreme ends; whether they're ultra anonymous and share nothing about themselves (this end generally includes those who partake in extreme trolling), or the opposite end where people share every little facet of their life.  thumbsup.gif
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 02:44:22 AM by NeoLoco »

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #5911 on: July 25, 2014, 02:18:11 AM »
It's strange how in internet land, the people who don't post photos of themselves are the most critical of others' photos. 

p.s.: (I know it's a "tehe" thing, just sayin'.)

If you want man, i will put a picture of my nuts (salted of course) as my avatar.  Then there will be no further comments on anyone else's avatar ever.  As a moderator, I strive to reduce conflict, and I think that would bottleneck the avatar talk right quick.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #5912 on: July 25, 2014, 02:31:30 AM »
 mesmrized

I don't think there's any real conflict among any persons, in this instance.  Wonka's comment was just a good time for me to address the issue.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #5913 on: July 25, 2014, 11:24:39 AM »
I don't really see any issue at all.  The only time conflict seems to arise is when one person is attempting to impose their own sensibilities on another.

In Mel's case, that was exactly the issue.  He thought we should advertise the forum. He thought he should be able to say and do what he wanted to say and do.  And, he had no ability whatsoever to accept that someone else might have a different view.  It was truly "Mel's World of Collecting".  So, while Mel may have participated a lot, I believe, in the final analysis, his participation came at too high a cost in terms of what we were forced to endure from him otherwise.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #5914 on: July 25, 2014, 12:40:20 PM »
I don't really see any issue at all.  The only time conflict seems to arise is when one person is attempting to impose their own sensibilities on another.

In Mel's case, that was exactly the issue.  He thought we should advertise the forum. He thought he should be able to say and do what he wanted to say and do.  And, he had no ability whatsoever to accept that someone else might have a different view.  It was truly "Mel's World of Collecting".  So, while Mel may have participated a lot, I believe, in the final analysis, his participation came at too high a cost in terms of what we were forced to endure from him otherwise.

It's not necessarily an "issue" as it's just part of the internet world.  One has to take the bad with the good with anything, and in this case, the internet enables people to be anonymous and poke fun at people, and not have people do the same back to them.  I'm not directing that toward Wonka or anyone, just in general.

Mel is a whole nother topic, but he did make a lot of positive contributions, and I won't try to weigh them against what some people may view as negatives.

I'll conclude my partaking in this deviation from the "mid-auction" with a classic song from Terry Reid:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/C959v_3SSKo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/C959v_3SSKo</a>
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 01:02:12 PM by NeoLoco »

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #5915 on: July 25, 2014, 05:14:44 PM »
Yeah, Mel doesn't tweak me like he does some others here.  He was a douche in the end, but Lord knows I've been one too.  Someone a lot smarter than me once said that everyone deserves at least one second chance. I resigned the judgment committee a long time ago....
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5916 on: July 27, 2014, 05:45:43 PM »
So, I was thinking...a little TLC...a nip and a tuck here and there...
What a bargain. 
Not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=191263745752&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #5917 on: July 27, 2014, 05:50:46 PM »
What a bargain. 
Not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=191263745752&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

dontknow.gif
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #5918 on: July 27, 2014, 05:53:07 PM »
What a bargain. 
Not.

At least he has been lowing his price. He wanted a lot more a year or two ago. Maybe in 2017 it will be down to market value.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5919 on: July 27, 2014, 06:05:38 PM »
At least he has been lowing his price. He wanted a lot more a year or two ago. Maybe in 2017 it will be down to market value.

I didn't realize that, Mike.
I been out of the game for too long, I guess.
How much more was he asking?

Mirosae

« Reply #5920 on: July 28, 2014, 04:06:34 AM »
 It is a great looking poster!! It needs a good home..

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #5921 on: July 28, 2014, 05:57:48 AM »

do you really think he's ever going to get down to $5?

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #5922 on: July 30, 2014, 05:33:33 AM »
Still haven't worked what it is he is selling really.

Is it a poster, or a dream?

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #5923 on: July 30, 2014, 05:46:02 AM »
I actually like this part in his listing:

Poster looks MUCH BETTER than on pic

yeah.. when you see it in person, you don't even notice that almost a quarter of the poster is missing
 hitself

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5924 on: July 31, 2014, 03:43:29 AM »
yeah.. when you see it in person, you don't even notice that almost a quarter of the poster is missing
 hitself

laugh1
My thoughts exactly.