Author Topic: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2203885 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Re: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #4775 on: October 15, 2013, 03:48:50 PM »
I found it on Collectors Weekly - most watched:

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/posters-and-prints/movie/auctions?sort=most-watched

It appears to be original.  Fixed up and LB'd, it would be worth at least $15,000.

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #4776 on: October 15, 2013, 04:06:30 PM »
I don't think I've seen that site before Mel - but it shows another cool and damaged poster that is up this week:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321228070569
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #4777 on: October 15, 2013, 08:57:25 PM »
this is not an expensive item, but I am certain there are members here who are interested, though I may not know who you all are

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRUCE-LEE-THE-BIG-BOSS-Hong-Kong-Movie-Booklet-1971-/400586040014?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d44c9e2ce

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #4778 on: October 16, 2013, 11:45:00 AM »
this is exactly the problem Adam.. person who accuses accuses accuses Heritage.. but NEVER posts an example of what they accuse Heritage of.

it's wrong.. period.

Yeah, you're right, Rich.
I've taken the time to go through past posts (got some spare time) and I was a little surprised to see the amount directed to Heritage.
I agree, it is wrong. And Bruce probably got carried away with it as he, from what I can tell, sees Heritage as his major competitor (nothing against you at all, just going from the posts Bruce has made).

Had this place had some sort of moderation, this would not have happened.
Best wishes,
Adam

Mirosae

« Reply #4779 on: October 16, 2013, 12:40:08 PM »
I understand the argument, but not keen on moderation as it could easily move on to censorship. We are all adults. We should be guided by common sense and courtesy, not by censorship. Let's agree to our right to disagree.

:-\

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4780 on: October 16, 2013, 12:52:12 PM »
Yeah, you're right, Rich.
I've taken the time to go through past posts (got some spare time) and I was a little surprised to see the amount directed to Heritage.
I agree, it is wrong. And Bruce probably got carried away with it as he, from what I can tell, sees Heritage as his major competitor (nothing against you at all, just going from the posts Bruce has made).

Had this place had some sort of moderation, this would not have happened.

Usually, repetitive commentary from one directed to another would have produced a few of this emoticon along the way --- deadhorse

To me, it's not about moderating so much as it is about one deciding how many times one needs to say (suggest or allude) the same thing over and over. Like anything, it can get tedious and uninteresting after a while.

-Jeff

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #4781 on: October 16, 2013, 01:06:44 PM »
I understand the argument, but not keen on moderation as it could easily move on to censorship. We are all adults. We should be guided by common sense and courtesy, not by censorship. Let's agree to our right to disagree.

Exactly. And anyway, who will moderate the moderators?

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4782 on: October 16, 2013, 01:08:41 PM »
Exactly. And anyway, who will moderate the moderators?

Ted.

;D

-Jeff

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #4783 on: October 16, 2013, 01:12:01 PM »
Teds all but bailed on us.... :'(
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4784 on: October 16, 2013, 01:25:15 PM »
He ever watches from On High. 

;)

-Jeff

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #4785 on: October 16, 2013, 01:55:20 PM »
Yes, he likes the view from the Empire State Building...   ;D

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #4786 on: October 16, 2013, 01:57:20 PM »
Bailed is a bit harsh,,maybe Ted has other priorities..dunno.
Additional moderators is something Admin might consider?

Stew

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #4787 on: October 16, 2013, 01:59:23 PM »
Said in Jest Stew, not Harsh.. ;)

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #4788 on: October 16, 2013, 02:05:51 PM »
Said in Jest Stew, not Harsh.. ;)
Got ya Paul..

Stew

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4789 on: October 16, 2013, 02:10:32 PM »
Yes, he likes the view from the Empire State Building...   ;D

Ted handling misbehaving APF'ers.. old school style:  ;D

-Jeff

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #4790 on: October 16, 2013, 04:44:23 PM »
The ape always come back...
We're waiting for you Kong!!
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4791 on: October 16, 2013, 04:46:18 PM »
"Was beauty killed the beast"
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4792 on: October 16, 2013, 04:59:04 PM »
"Was beauty killed the beast"

That's for sure.  ;D

-Jeff

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #4793 on: October 16, 2013, 05:03:50 PM »

I don't mean full on moderation/censorship.
It is RIGHT in the RIGHT circumstances to moderate, such as the Bruce thing against Heritage and when members personally and professionally attack other members with abuse and lies etc.
Other than that, this forum would get a lot more members for sure.
Best wishes,
Adam

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4794 on: October 16, 2013, 05:19:31 PM »
It is RIGHT in the RIGHT circumstances to moderate, such as the Bruce thing against Heritage

do you have any idea how many posts on APF, NSF, MoPo, MPF and who-knows-what-other-place would have to be deleted to erase that?

Holiday/Thierry, Andy Neal, Ari, Scott Burns and all the others would spend the rest of their lives trying to root them all out

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #4795 on: October 17, 2013, 06:07:41 AM »
Lol.
Yeah, I know, but the point is if there was some sort of moderation it wouldn't happen in the first place and we wouldn't have all these silly arguments cluttering up the forums :-)
Best wishes,
Adam

guest8

« Reply #4796 on: October 17, 2013, 07:39:10 AM »
Just let it go Adam, they run the forum how they want. The fact that you are constantly and openly disagreeing with them will not change anything and just gets old after a while and if anything, it makes everyone dig in deeper and stubbornly and possibly rudely tell you to shove off because you've been hounding the same thing over and over in multiple threads. It's time to just let go and just enjoy things for what they are. :)

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4797 on: October 17, 2013, 01:45:32 PM »
Just let it go Adam, they run the forum how they want. The fact that you are constantly and openly disagreeing with them will not change anything and just gets old after a while and if anything, it makes everyone dig in deeper and stubbornly and possibly rudely tell you to shove off because you've been hounding the same thing over and over in multiple threads. It's time to just let go and just enjoy things for what they are. :)

this goes for all people on all forums.
Ari has said repeatedly he won't change anything either

-------

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #4798 on: October 17, 2013, 02:13:51 PM »
I do enjoy things here; just not all the crap that goes on that could easily be stopped.
All the top forums in the world are moderated for stuff like what we have been discussing.

Anyway, I was simply replying to comments.
Apologies for doing so.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 02:18:39 PM by bondposters »
Best wishes,
Adam

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4799 on: October 17, 2013, 03:02:43 PM »
Adam, when I bought MoviePosterBid in 2006, I considered creating a forum on the site.
then I realized I would have to have very stringent rules  and not only would I have to moderate it, something which I probably wouldn't have time for, but I couldn't be available 24/7 to do so anyway.
I decided against it, just like Jon Warren eventually decided to kill his old site

managing these forums is very difficult. you get lots of people who think free speech means they can say and do anything, many people use lots of innuendo and if you aren't up on things, you may not catch when someone is getting out of line until it gets to a fight. It's alot of work because a certain number of people don't believe rules always apply to them. The Don Quixote garbage some people like to pass off is complete and utter bullshit 98% of the time (or more), moreover there are few penalties that can be levied against anyone.

Moderating these forums is an impossible job and realistically, the people who create these problems should have the courtesy to the forum that they would like pointed at themselves. There are rules believe it or not about where to promote yourself and every thread in every sub-forum is not intended to be someones marketing opportunity and marketing (aside from signature banners which are allowed on the vast majority of forums). Nor are these forums meant to be populated visibly by a small number of people. For the most part for instance, this forum has 20-30 vocal members and hundreds of nonvocal members. It's the same on most forums, as most people are readers, not writers

I do agree however that all members should be easily identifiable by their true identity, especially if they want to post and lob bombs at others. Anonymity is unfair to others, especially when you're a big mouth like the asshole on NSF, whom we all know his identity for other reasons and that all anon attacks should be removed immediately from any forum

This forum was created out of what T&H viewed as too much moderation at MPF. Andy does do a good job. He reels in promo posts in the wrong place (it is my opinion that any post used to promote a persons business that does not otherwise have an educational aspect - asking to join your facebook page where you post trivia should be allowed in discussion forums. Posting how good you are, which is purely a promotional statement, should not.

The problems of course are not just dealers. It's pretty obvious that some non-dealers have and do create trouble here and elsewhere

None the less, T&H never meant to do any moderation here. They expect everyone to watch their P's and Q's and everyone else to live with it. I fully support their moderation scheme here.

By the way, for those that want to say how "dead" MPF is and then use the forum to post, I think you're giving Andy short shrift. No one forces you to post, if you don't like what he's doing, go somewhere else and if you really want to see a dead forum, go to the Serials forum. They haven't had a FS/FA/WTB post since January, their average daily visitation is about 15 people and it is a very heavily moderated forum.. so there may be a lesson there.

none the less, enjoy what you have, not what you dream about

-------