Author Topic: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2203461 times)

Charlie

Re: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #3925 on: March 07, 2013, 07:33:06 PM »

Bruce

« Reply #3926 on: March 07, 2013, 08:08:29 PM »
Consignments are welcome!

It could be all of you getting these prices!

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #3927 on: March 07, 2013, 08:12:54 PM »
hitself

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2891680

Thanks again Z!  T was right Armin deserves another bump...

http://www.posteroid.com/

Armin, like Canada Dave aka posteropolis has very fair listed prices on his site.
No need to dicker, all starts fair.

An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3930 on: March 08, 2013, 11:39:53 PM »
7 sheet?
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3931 on: March 08, 2013, 11:50:07 PM »
7 sheet?

Yes.  ;)

I wasnt familiar with that size either, until I read the description from the above poster:

"The Seven-Sheet:

An out-of-home poster display primarily used in the mid-1970s. Out-of-home means outdoor print advertising: billboards, kiosks, sunshelters, etc. Also includes other venues accessible to the public: malls, airports, transit systems, supermarkets, toy stores, etc. Distribution, format and sizes of out-of-home movie posters are separate from those displayed at theaters. The out-of-home media industry requires studios to rent display space whereas movie theaters do not.

Seven-sheets were used in urban neighborhoods. Often confused with theatrical six -sheets. Intended for domestic use."

« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 12:12:25 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #3932 on: March 09, 2013, 12:02:09 AM »
I sold a 1958R Snow White 7 sheet a while back and there is a Star Wars 7 sheet. Dave may have it pictured on his site

the YF piece however is not a 7 sheet. It's either a one-off as the listing says that just happens to be that size, or it is a banner. It's for video release according to the listing, so it's more likely a banner unless it was never produced, which just makes it a test print.

of course, the price is completely insane as are all Miniver prices

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

FightClub12

« Reply #3933 on: March 09, 2013, 02:01:44 AM »
So I've finally made it through all 158 pages of this thread. It's a good one..

It is not a selling moratorium, Chris.  It is about the fact that I'm fucking lazy and refuse to deal with the US post office.  I also don't want to dig into my piles, pull out stuff, tube it, write labels and other shit like that.  I could sell a lot of my stuff, especially all the doubles, but it is waaaaay too time consuming.  Plus, since I'm baked half the time, I would probably send stuff to wrong addresses.

T

I've got all the time in the world Thierry (obviously); I'll head over to write labels and other shit like that while you blaze up.  pcorn

-FC

ps.

« Reply #3934 on: March 09, 2013, 10:08:42 AM »
perhaps these might appeal to some of you (as might the fact that they are all auctions)...

i'm personally not that into this movie, so you all can have a go at it if you'd like. click here for the auction link, starting bid is 100 euros.

same starting price...larger italian poster here.

seller also has a breakfast at tiffany's that looks to be on canvas....here.

i'd figure i'd share as they all will probably go out of my price range anyways, and some of you guys might be interested in them.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 10:11:38 AM by ps. »

Mirosae

« Reply #3935 on: March 09, 2013, 11:37:16 AM »
perhaps these might appeal to some of you (as might the fact that they are all auctions)...

i'm personally not that into this movie, so you all can have a go at it if you'd like. click here for the auction link, starting bid is 100 euros.

i'd figure i'd share as they all will probably go out of my price range anyways, and some of you guys might be interested in them.

I like these movies, so thanks for sharing! :D

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3936 on: March 09, 2013, 12:15:02 PM »
Yes.  ;)

I wasnt familiar with that size either, until I read the description from the above poster:

"The Seven-Sheet:

An out-of-home poster display primarily used in the mid-1970s. Out-of-home means outdoor print advertising: billboards, kiosks, sunshelters, etc. Also includes other venues accessible to the public: malls, airports, transit systems, supermarkets, toy stores, etc. Distribution, format and sizes of out-of-home movie posters are separate from those displayed at theaters. The out-of-home media industry requires studios to rent display space whereas movie theaters do not.

Seven-sheets were used in urban neighborhoods. Often confused with theatrical six -sheets. Intended for domestic use."

I carefully re-read the Miniver's description on the YOUNG FRANK piece; per his info, this was a theatrical release poster, not one for any type of video release. He also says that it originally came in sections and was later assembled and attached to linen.

If it was like other 7 sheets, it probably was in 4 sections, like this unbacked 7sh that Cinemasterpieces currently is offering for Star Wars:

-Jeff

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #3937 on: March 09, 2013, 02:42:09 PM »

As long as people are digging up old posts from this thread... here is another one:

Regarding [the outing of] the Creature poster [auction]... Are we really going to do this again?  I'll save this thread 8 more pages of argument...

Rich, Mel and others will say it [outing in-progress auctions] doesn't matter.

Me, Paul, Ben and others will say it very well could [affect other member's bids and what they have to ultimately pay].

Each person repeats their argument 20 times.

The point is no one knows [if outing the auction caused a fellow APF member to have the price run up on them].  However, even if the chance is small -- minuscule even -- why would you ever risk fucking over a friend?  [If you find a cool item that you think someone here might want,] PM those who might be interested.  Wait until the auction is over with your "OMG!, LOL!, or WTF!" story.  As far as I'm concerned legit auctions with low starting bids that APF member will likely be watching/bidding on do not fit those criteria [for this thread -- stick with stuff that is ridiculously priced or suspect and let normal auctions run their course]...

I added in some [clarifications] to help round out that old post.  Just an FYI as there have been dust ups here before.  Remember that at any given time there are probably 5-10 times as many guests on this forum as there are members.  If you think you are helping members out by posting auctions here, you are probably doing the opposite.  I'll get off my soapbox now. 

As for these particular auctions, I have definitely seen them already -- and while they may very well be legit, I would suggest that anyone interested bid with caution.  The seller has zero feedback.  He has listed these and removed them before.  And his TGTBATU silver 4-foglio image was stolen from here: http://www.misterposter.com/thirddett_new.asp?mycollection=ibibic&id=MY001C

No doubt they'll go for a bundle regardless... if they aren't pulled early again.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #3938 on: March 09, 2013, 02:47:36 PM »
Harry, you don't have to step off your soap box, it maybe something some of the new fellows need to understand, as one day it may well cost them more money to buy a certain poster, or worse yet, be out bid. Due to someone outing an auction...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 03:04:26 PM by paul waines »
It's more than a Hobby...

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3939 on: March 09, 2013, 03:08:57 PM »
well if you say no one can post auctions in progress, then you almost completely cut off the APF member whose entire history here is to post links to auctions or post pics & texts from other people's websites without any attribution and never has an original or educational post about anything that he wrote himself.. what do you expect that person to do then???

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

ps.

« Reply #3940 on: March 09, 2013, 03:26:08 PM »
Harry, you don't have to step off your soap box, it maybe something some of the new fellows need to understand, as one day it may well cost them more money to buy a certain poster, or worse yet, be out bid. Due to someone outing an auction...

well, i must apologize then for 'outing' the auction. someone w/ such power greater than mine can feel free to remove the links. i figured that most here aren't keeping an eye on ebay.it, certainly didn't intend to do a disservice to anyone :tailbetweenmylegs: i'll go back to keeping my mouth shut.

well if you say no one can post auctions in progress, then you almost completely cut off the APF member whose entire history here is to post links to auctions or post pics & texts from other people's websites without any attribution and never has an original or educational post about anything that he wrote himself.. what do you expect that person to do then???

understood, in my defense though if you were to require all posts to be educational, there'd be a lot less going on here.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #3941 on: March 09, 2013, 03:27:07 PM »
well if you say no one can post auctions in progress

I'm not saying anything of the sort.  There are no rules against posting in-progress auctions and I'm not going to stop you.  I'm just asking people to be courteous of other members here and think twice before posting items with fair opening prices -- especially if your reasoning is that you think you are "helping" a member here who might end up the winner.  If you truly want to help, send a PM.  Even if the first person declines, it won't take long to locate the someone who is interested.  

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #3942 on: March 09, 2013, 03:32:08 PM »
well, i must apologize then for 'outing' the auction. someone w/ such power greater than mine can feel free to remove the links. i figured that most here aren't keeping an eye on ebay.it, certainly didn't intend to do a disservice to anyone :tailbetweenmylegs: i'll go back to keeping my mouth shut.

Please don't do that ps.  If you read back through the thousands of posts in this thread you'll find that we've had some multi-page dust ups over this topic in the past.  I was just trying to post a friendly reminder of some of the potential consequences for fellow members of posting in-progress auctions.  In retrospect, my 'friendly' comment ended up making me sound like a dickhead. 

Please just chalk this up as old forum baggage and continue posting as is.  I'm ALWAYS happy to see more people contributing!  cheers

ps.

« Reply #3943 on: March 09, 2013, 03:41:34 PM »
Please don't do that ps.  If you read back through the thousands of posts in this thread you'll find that we've had some multi-page dust ups over this topic in the past.  I was just trying to post a friendly reminder of some of the potential consequences for fellow members of posting in-progress auctions.  In retrospect, my 'friendly' comment ended up making me sound like a dickhead. 

Please just chalk this up as old forum baggage and continue posting as is.  I'm ALWAYS happy to see more people contributing!  cheers

well i shouldn't have posted it, no ill will.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #3944 on: March 09, 2013, 03:44:29 PM »
well i shouldn't have posted it, no ill will.

Good, I definitely didn't mean to scare anyone off.  And by the way, Rich's comment wasn't directed at you either -- that was a very specific dig at another forum member he has butt heads with in the past.  Sorry for singling out your post to stir up old shit. 

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3945 on: March 09, 2013, 03:54:09 PM »
understood, in my defense though if you were to require all posts to be educational, there'd be a lot less going on here.

all posts do not need to be educational.. most should be fun. however, people who constantly post other people's work - be it an image taken from a website or a book, or texts taken from same, should at least be able to post information & attribution to the actual authors. Not doing so is taking credit for the work by omission. Being as the person in question actually works in the entertainment industry - the industry most likely to sue others for even the least invasive plagarism - you would think it a simple belief to attribute others for their work.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 03:55:23 PM by MoviePosterBid.com »

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3946 on: March 09, 2013, 05:12:02 PM »
A beautiful  bed1 image of Rita Hayworth in Cover Girl (Columbia, 1944), Italian 2 foglio (39x55) with Ballester art:

BIN: $19,470.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FASCINO-COVER-GIRL-MANIFESTO-ORIGINALE-1EDIZIONE-1948-BALLESTER-ART-RARISSIMO-/190543738520?pt=Film_Stranieri&hash=item2c5d4ab698
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 05:28:33 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #3947 on: March 09, 2013, 05:24:37 PM »
A beautiful image of Rita Hayworth in Cover Girl (Columbia, 1944), Italian 2 foglio (39x55) with Ballester art:

BIN: $19,470.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FASCINO-COVER-GIRL-MANIFESTO-ORIGINALE-1EDIZIONE-1948-BALLESTER-ART-RARISSIMO-/190543738520?pt=Film_Stranieri&hash=item2c5d4ab698

Hot stuff... Rita is bombshell!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3948 on: March 09, 2013, 05:26:33 PM »
That is a gorgeous piece of art.

Mirosae

« Reply #3949 on: March 09, 2013, 05:33:21 PM »
Beautiful.... both, poster and Ms Gilda.. ..  bed1