Author Topic: Yet Another Forum?  (Read 197908 times)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
Re: Yet Another Forum?
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2014, 01:56:57 PM »
Lol. Still haven't left yet #JustSaying

Why is Mel even criticising another forum when HE wanted to build another forum a while ago!?

Hopefully you didn't return just to take potshots at your villainous archenemy.  mesmrized

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2014, 02:05:32 PM »
You guys and gals don't seem to get it. Thierry and I have no ambition to make this place anything other than what it is.  The RIGHT people find their way here.  We have no interest in quantity over quality like Andy does.  We have no ego in this place.  Truly.

So, why do some of you keep talking about search results and google rankings and the like, with the implication that "we could do better?"  We don't care to.

APF is 'homegrown' and 'organic'...  It the best way for it to be.  I would argue that for it to be anything else, would be a detriment.   

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2014, 02:07:31 PM »
Maybe if they are riding on the mail train

clap clap
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2014, 02:10:52 PM »
I can't believe you joined forces with the Vintage Vanilla Rebels!

You're still no Spock... The rebels won remember... And the Death Star got destroyed... Your logic does not compute. Whose side are you on anyways - I'd ban you for such treasonous talk.  laugh1

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2014, 02:53:55 PM »
You guys and gals don't seem to get it. Thierry and I have no ambition to make this place anything other than what it is.  The RIGHT people find their way here.  We have no interest in quantity over quality like Andy does.  We have no ego in this place.  Truly.

So, why do some of you keep talking about search results and google rankings and the like, with the implication that "we could do better?"  We don't care to.

The eternal argument it seems
Chris

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2014, 03:36:12 PM »
Hopefully you didn't return just to take potshots at your villainous archenemy.  mesmrized

Not taking pot shots at all.
What I have said are genuine, factually-based questions and statements.

Nobody is my arch enemy.
I don't live like that.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2014, 03:44:32 PM »
Not taking pot shots at all.
What I have said are genuine, factually-based questions and statements.

Nobody is my arch enemy.
I don't live like that.

The other day you said you were leaving and said your goodbyes, yet today you fired another shot across the bow.  It seems that you just can't let go of your saga.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #132 on: April 04, 2014, 04:25:59 PM »
The other day you said you were leaving and said your goodbyes, yet today you fired another shot across the bow.  It seems that you just can't let go of your saga.

Aren't you doing the same with your reply? 

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2014, 04:55:42 PM »
The other day you said you were leaving and said your goodbyes...

That's right! I did say I was leaving, and I did!
But then I noticed Mel said he would leave if I returned, so I couldn't resist.

...yet today you fired another shot across the bow.  It seems that you just can't let go of your saga.

Unfortunately, you are wrong again.
Anything I ever say that remotely involves Mel, you or another of his friends comes down on me. I made a factual statement based on HIS words. No malicious meaning in it at all. My so-called "saga" was something one of you guys came up with. Not me. You can't let go of that.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2014, 05:03:22 PM »
Hopefully the prequel episodes to this famous saga are better than the ones for that other famous saga...
Chris

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #135 on: April 04, 2014, 05:18:26 PM »
This forum is basically a chat thread between the top 10-15 contributors, almost of all of whom were here from the beginning.  Why no one else ever showed up is a mystery.  I think it's the awkward name choice.  Maybe not.  But the reality is that if five of the top 10-15 contributors leave permanently, this forum will sink like all the others have.  Conversely - like I told Charlie - a new forum cannot succeed without at least 10 "super poster nerds" on board, which is why I don't think the Vintage Vanilla Rebels can succeed.  We'd all be better off if the top 30 contributors from all the boards got together on one board, as is the case in the print world.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #136 on: April 04, 2014, 05:43:12 PM »
Aren't you doing the same with your reply? 

I was just pointing out the painfully obvious, that one of Adam's main reasons for being here is to have a never-ending saga with Mel.  He even returned after a big farewell speech, just to carry on with it.

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2014, 05:45:18 PM »
This forum is basically a chat thread between the top 10-15 contributors, almost of all of whom were here from the beginning. 

Not sure I agree with that Mel...
I certainly come here to read what some members have to say about posters or what they got lately, and most of the contributions that make me come back are not from the top 10-15 contributors
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2014, 06:27:19 PM »
This forum is basically a chat thread between the top 10-15 contributors, almost of all of whom were here from the beginning.  Why no one else ever showed up is a mystery.  I think it's the awkward name choice.  Maybe not.  But the reality is that if five of the top 10-15 contributors leave permanently, this forum will sink like all the others have.  Conversely - like I told Charlie - a new forum cannot succeed without at least 10 "super poster nerds" on board, which is why I don't think the Vintage Vanilla Rebels can succeed.  We'd all be better off if the top 30 contributors from all the boards got together on one board, as is the case in the print world.

nono

why not close all Target stores because they're usually across the street from a Wal Mart?
who needs La Pamplemouse (French restaurant) because Andre's has 2 locations?
I guess CBSNews.com, ABCNews.com, NYT and all the others should close their websites because there is CNN.
and most certainly, seeing as eBay has more bidders than anyone, we may as well close all auction sites of any kind because who needs them

the concept that there is only room for one forum is inane

ps: while Andre's a great restaurant and I have been there several times to the tune of a $400 tab (once it was $600), the Pamplemouse is way better and much more enjoyable, for half the price.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 06:28:36 PM by MoviePosterBid.com »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2014, 06:45:59 PM »
Hopefully the prequel episodes to this famous saga are better than the ones for that other famous saga...

Lol. I hope there are no prequels!

I was just pointing out the painfully obvious, that one of Adam's main reasons for being here is to have a never-ending saga with Mel.  He even returned after a big farewell speech, just to carry on with it.

Whoa there, hold on a moment. State fact, not fiction.
Saying one of my main reasons for being here is to have a never-ending saga with Mel is a load of crock.

Don't get me wrong, my reason for logging back on was because Mel threatened to leave if I did just that, so why didn't you say something to Mel about that very statement? Isn't that what you are purporting I have done?

There was no malicious aim in what I said - I refer you to my reply that you did not reply to:

That's right! I did say I was leaving, and I did!
But then I noticed Mel said he would leave if I returned, so I couldn't resist.

Unfortunately, you are wrong again.
Anything I ever say that remotely involves Mel, you or another of his friends comes down on me. I made a factual statement based on HIS words. No malicious meaning in it at all. My so-called "saga" was something one of you guys came up with. Not me. You can't let go of that.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2014, 07:10:13 PM »
It takes two to tango with any saga, of course so I'll just end this potential saga about a saga right now.  8)  And of course, this is the "yet another forum?" topic, not "Adam's farewell speech, and subsequent return" topic.  wynk

Good to see you've returned, Adam.  Here's a classic song:  8)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2bpOBAwrFVw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2bpOBAwrFVw</a>
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 07:17:03 PM by NeoLoco »

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #141 on: April 04, 2014, 07:25:42 PM »
No, it's actually a very long conversation between me and Thierry, as if we were talking in a pub where people come and go.

This forum is basically a chat thread between the top 10-15 contributors, almost of all of whom were here from the beginning.  Why no one else ever showed up is a mystery.  I think it's the awkward name choice.  Maybe not.  But the reality is that if five of the top 10-15 contributors leave permanently, this forum will sink like all the others have.  Conversely - like I told Charlie - a new forum cannot succeed without at least 10 "super poster nerds" on board, which is why I don't think the Vintage Vanilla Rebels can succeed.  We'd all be better off if the top 30 contributors from all the boards got together on one board, as is the case in the print world.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #142 on: April 04, 2014, 07:29:53 PM »
It takes two to tango with any saga, of course so I'll just end this potential saga about a saga right now.  8)  And of course, this is the "yet another forum?" topic, not "Adam's farewell speech, and subsequent return" topic.  wynk

Lol. Is it not? I didn't realise.
All I will say is you're a good friend to Mel.

Anyway, a new forum? So what.
The more the merrier. It's a good thing.
Keeps things fresh.
Best wishes,
Adam

• Post-aholic
« Reply #143 on: April 04, 2014, 07:41:43 PM »
No, it's actually a very long conversation between me and Thierry, as if we were talking in a pub where people come and go.

I know that TV show.. it's called "How I Met Your Brother"

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #144 on: April 04, 2014, 10:15:58 PM »
I know that TV show.. it's called "How I Met Your Brother"

Or "Cheers."

;D

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #145 on: April 04, 2014, 10:21:08 PM »
Or "Cheers."

;D

this place is more like "Jeers"

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #146 on: April 04, 2014, 10:24:56 PM »
"Where all fellow poster collectors know your name..."   pcorn

-Jeff

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #147 on: April 04, 2014, 10:25:34 PM »
I'd love a forum where Mel and Adam are both the forum owners.
Be like an online version I the odd couple.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #148 on: April 04, 2014, 11:18:00 PM »
"Where all fellow poster collectors know your name..."   pcorn

Wouldn't be fun if each time I enter the forum all of you go... "T!!!!!" 

Then I would sit there, relax, drink tequila shots and smoke a cigar.

Holiday would be Sam, because he is a horndog.  Mel would be Frasier.  Adam would be Woody.  And Ted would be Cliff because he drives a truck :)

And you, Jeff, you'd be Coach.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #149 on: April 04, 2014, 11:42:00 PM »
Wouldn't be fun if each time I enter the forum all of you go... "T!!!!!" 

Then I would sit there, relax, drink tequila shots and smoke a cigar.

Holiday would be Sam, because he is a horndog.  Mel would be Frasier.  Adam would be Woody.  And Ted would be Cliff because he drives a truck :)

And you, Jeff, you'd be Coach.

T

Or perhaps

Mel would be Carla's hairy assed ex husband: "Nick Tortelli, always seems to find a reason to visit and annoy [at] the bar. After several unsuccessful attempts to reunite with Carla, he married the much-younger Loretta, an aspiring singer."

Although the dastardly Robin Colcord seems to fit too: "Robin Colcord, known for his condescending remarks and rivalry with Sam Malone, dated Rebecca Howe. He was sent to prison after his plot to illegally take over the company that owned the bar was discovered."

David