Author Topic: Getting my "Hated" poster linen-backed  (Read 5808 times)

spacething

Getting my "Hated" poster linen-backed
« on: May 08, 2010, 05:51:36 AM »

I recently purchased this poster for HATED.  It measures about 25 X 20.  I sent it away to get linen-backed and I should be getting it back later in the week.  Here are some "before" pics.  I'll post some "after" pics when I get it back.

Dr Hackenbush

Re: Getting my "Hated" poster linen-backed
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 11:12:33 AM »
GG Alin was one messed up dude LOL  Was the poster damaged in shipping or is that the condition it was sold in?  Regardless, that's a very nice poster and look forward to seeing it after "backing"

spacething

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 12:39:07 PM »
GG Alin was one messed up dude LOL  Was the poster damaged in shipping or is that the condition it was sold in?  Regardless, that's a very nice poster and look forward to seeing it after "backing"

Yeah, good ol' GG.  It's safe to say he was a few sandwiches short of a picnic. 

The poster was sold to me that way.  I knew full well the extent of the damage and had seen pics of it before buying it.  But I really wanted it and thought that linen-backing would be a good option.

I'm glad you dig it!

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 04:25:01 PM »
Awesome, wish I had one.  Art by John Wayne Gacy?  Who could ask for anything else?

Had a GG song stuck in my head a couple of days ago.  Man, that'll change your day...

--Peter
For sale and trade posters: *Here*

spacething

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 07:24:50 AM »
Awesome, wish I had one.  Art by John Wayne Gacy?  Who could ask for anything else?

Had a GG song stuck in my head a couple of days ago.  Man, that'll change your day...

--Peter

Peter - I believe that the poster I have is from when the film came out in the early 1990's.  But when the special edition dvd came out a few years ago, there was a poster offer where you could send away for a HATED poster, which basically had the same image on it.  So my guess is that there are a few of them floating around out there if you want one. 

A GG song stuck in your head eh?  Ha ha!  The weird thing about GG is the the production value was the best on his very first album and on his very last album.  Most of the stuff in between has terrible production, but hey, it's punk rock!

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 11:43:55 AM »
GG's music had to be experienced live, as did GG  ;)  I don't think anyone would be the same after a GG Allin show  LOL

spacething

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 11:46:48 AM »

Sometimes I wonder whether I would have gone to one of his shows or not.  I honestly don't know.  But if I did I would stand in the back.  Near the door!  I like having my teeth and everything ha ha!

spacething

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 06:31:29 AM »

In my original post I wrote that I would be getting the poster back "later in the week."  I mean to say "later next month."  Anyway, I got word from the linenbacker that it's on it's way!  Will post pics when I get it back.  Then we can all "Bite It You Scum."

spacething

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 01:23:38 PM »

I got the poster back from the linen-backer.  Areas that were damaged are still visible, but overall, the poster looks worlds better than it did initially.  The creases and wrinkles are not nearly as prominent.  Overall I'm very happy with the work that was done.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 01:52:00 PM »
Looks pretty good. 

I think it would be very hard to restore a glossy poster such as that to "mint" condition.

My impression is that that kind of paper does not easily lend itself to being manipulated.
Chris

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 03:43:27 PM »
Looks pretty good. 

I am no where near an expert but it looks pretty damn good to me too.

spacething

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 07:11:28 PM »

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Chris - thanks for the insights.  The fact that the poster gloss might affect how it was restored never occurred to me.

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 07:26:59 PM »

The fact that the poster gloss might affect how it was restored never occurred to me.

That poster looks great.  Chris is right, I have a Big Lebowski B1 that has that same glossy paper, and the linen-backer told me that they couldn't make it look absolutely perfect, but it looks almost perfect, as does your Hated poster. 

spacething

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2010, 07:37:20 PM »

Thanks for the info Neo.  Yes, I'm very happy with the finished product.

Neo - why did you get your Lebowski B1 linen-backed?  Was it wrinkled up like my poster? 

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2010, 07:50:18 PM »
Neo - why did you get your Lebowski B1 linen-backed?  Was it wrinkled up like my poster?  

It had a big fold line across the center of it, some dings, and stuff like that.  Here is a pic of it after being linen-backed.

If people follow the "6 foot rule" that some strippers must abide by, to maintain a six-foot buffer zone between themselves and the customers (or in this case the poster), then they will think it looks perfect  :D.

spacething

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2010, 07:52:38 PM »

Nice poster and it looks great!