Author Topic: Don't you love it when sellers get confused?  (Read 1998 times)

Pancho

Don't you love it when sellers get confused?
« on: September 05, 2013, 01:10:18 AM »
Doesn't happen as much these days with the wealth of information available, but I just love it when I find a mis-labelled poster for sale.

Just taken possession of a daybill (in excellent condition I might add) for the Australian release of 'Who Can Kill a Child?', the 1976 Spanish horror film released in the US as 'Island of the Damned' and in Australia as 'Island of Death'.

The seller mistakenly listed the poster as being for the Greek horror film 'Island of Death' AND as being an Italian Locandina.

A rare daybill hidden away in the bowels of eBay listed as being for the wrong film and the wrong style of poster - and for a very reasonable price!

Sometimes it pays to simply browse...

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
Re: Don't you love it when sellers get confused?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 12:43:42 PM »
Rarely happens on eBay these days, though, so congrats!
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 01:02:09 PM »
Doesn't happen as much these days with the wealth of information available, but I just love it when I find a mis-labelled poster for sale.

Just taken possession of a daybill (in excellent condition I might add) for the Australian release of 'Who Can Kill a Child?', the 1976 Spanish horror film released in the US as 'Island of the Damned' and in Australia as 'Island of Death'.

The seller mistakenly listed the poster as being for the Greek horror film 'Island of Death' AND as being an Italian Locandina.

A rare daybill hidden away in the bowels of eBay listed as being for the wrong film and the wrong style of poster - and for a very reasonable price!

Sometimes it pays to simply browse...

Pancho, do you have a pic of this daybill by any chance?

-Jeff

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 08:36:58 PM »
It's a good poster, one of the better foreign versions,
Top film.
Same art as the Aussie video cover.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Pancho

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 07:39:05 PM »
Currently don't have a picture saved, but let me see what I can track down.

It's a fairly graphic close up image of the scene where the kids are using a man as a pinata.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 12:41:33 AM »
I also enjoy when buyers get confused
Chris

Offline movieposterodyssey

• Hobbyist
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 12:50:06 AM »
I'd say this seller passed "confused" three miles back.Sounds like not much effort went into that listing.

Anthony

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 11:58:09 PM »
I think "mis-listings" happen more frequently than we all know. But with so many items out there, it is often the luck of the draw or a saved search that makes the day.  ;)

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 03:02:21 PM »
Here's one I came across. It is a larger, folded reproduction of a Belgian poster for Casablanca, measuring 27.5 x 37 inches (& from the 1980s, according to the seller). The seller, who is in the UK, also describes it as a Spanish poster. Selling price (BIN): $400.00  :o

I'm thinking it is probably just a commercial poster of some kind; there doesn't appear to be any printer's info on the bottom border, either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230932015286&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

I sent a message and link, showing an actual Belgian poster his poster was made from. I guess it will remain to be seen if the description gets changed.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 03:06:33 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff