Author Topic: Triangle tube, square poster  (Read 10082 times)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Triangle tube, square poster
« on: May 20, 2013, 05:34:37 PM »
Just a rant, expressing my disappointment with shipping like so many have before me.

I am of the mind as are most others that a rolled poster should be shipped folded and a folded poster be shipped flat. Don't take a folded poster and make it round to ship inside a triangle box.

I have been wanting a Jaws one sheet for years, actually decades when I think about it and always passed or would by something else or just didn't like the copies offered for sale as I can be pretty picky about condition. I should have bought all of the rolled copies I could when they were cheap back in the early 90's but as they say hind site is 20/20 and pretty ugly to view. Needless to say I found this one and thought even though it is folded it is in pretty nice shape, no major damage, edges are clean, no real issues at all to dissuade me and by golly I will finally have my Jaws one sheet. Get the poster for what I feel is a reasonable price compared to current sales pay and the waiting begins, have the frame ready for it and everything. The demon White Shark shall be mounted on my wall!!!! I know I should have sent the link on how to ship a folded poster to the seller but with a feedback in the 1000's all 100% I decided to be lazy. Needless to say the nice flat folded poster arrives rolled by itself no other packing materials inside the dreaded USPS priority mail triangle box its once clean edges trashed, creased and torn. Could the damage be worse... yes. Should it be better.... DEFINITELY.

So I am disappointed that after years and finally biting the bullet and buying one, the excitement building as I wait to see my new prize and I must once again go back on the search for my Jaws one sheet. Thank you for letting me vent about my disappointment.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 05:36:02 PM by Undead »
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Mirosae

Re: Triangle tube, square poster
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 06:03:33 PM »
yikes...that hurts..badly..I take then that you've returned the poster..good for you!

guest8

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 06:06:43 PM »
Im sorry for your loss.

Its sad really .. we miss out on posters that we really want .. and the seller is only screwing themselves. Some think they can cheap out on the packing and hide behind a no return policy and screw the buyer. Thankfully PayPal nor ebay will have any of that.

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 07:47:02 PM »
That is brutal! *&%*@#&@*)()!@__@@_++!~+

We feel your pain.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 08:24:45 PM »
Total idiocy in his/her packing skills!!  moron1

That hurts just looking at those pics.

I'm assuming it's going back to the seller, ASAP?

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 09:11:44 PM »
Thanks guys, waiting to hear back from the seller. Trying to give the benefit of the doubt.

One slight thing from what I wrote before, I intended to say rolled should be shipped rolled and folded folded not rolled should be shipped folded. Although I am sure it has happened before.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 11:28:45 PM »
One slight thing from what I wrote before, I intended to say rolled should be shipped rolled and folded folded not rolled should be shipped folded.

I think I understood better the first time

scour

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 08:56:27 AM »
ouch, indeed.  sucks receiving something like that in the mail.  i agree though, the seller should know better with 1,000(s) of sales 100% feedback.  just goes to show you just never know.  sorry for the mishap.