Author Topic: Snow White '37 and Pinocchio '40 UK Lobby Card  (Read 2319 times)

Disheveledamethyst

Snow White '37 and Pinocchio '40 UK Lobby Card
« on: April 26, 2013, 12:10:24 PM »
Help please. If I can't sell these I will have to eat them. High rest photos are all in this album here.

http://imageshack.us/g/845/img1730k.jpg/

Snow White has some mostly inconspicuous tack holes and a fold line in the top-left corner. Neither of these flaws distract from the image, which has not been compromised by the ravages of time. All of the colors, including the red, are very vivid.

Pinocchio, like Snow White, is very vivid and doesn't appear to have faded at all over time. There are no holes in this one, just a minor fold in the bottom corner and a brown stain in the top-left that I've been told could almost certainly be cleaned. The back of the card has some marks and writing on it. Its flaws, even the brown stain, do not distract from the aesthetic appeal of the card.

Both cards are from their original UK releases, as far as I've ever understood.

I'm putting these up for consideration because I have zero dollars of which I call my savings. I only have my job security for six months at a time because of the lease arrangement we have with the landlord and it's not wise or safe for me to have no money to fall back on if I lost my job. These are my more valuable remains of my collection, which has dwindled significantly since I transferred to a new school that hates me but loves my money.

A solid sale to somebody who would take care of them would really help me out right now. I'm tired of having to sell blood to pay my car registration (true story).

Also, it's been a long time since I've come here because the shame of being poor discourages participation in a community you once enjoyed because of your expendable income. Hello to everyone who remembers me. I'm not even sure I remember me. I used to have money, right?

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Snow White '37 and Pinocchio '40 UK Lobby Card
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 12:46:06 PM »
Anthony - welcome back - even if briefly

Best of luck on selling these
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 01:21:04 PM »
Hey Anthony,

Good to see you again, as always!

Things will turn around and get better, that's for sure. Hang in there!

thumbup

-Jeff

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 01:21:18 PM »
Hello Anthony,  It's a shame your not going to stick around. You don't need deep pockets to participate here, only if you have expensive tastes, and act on them.... ;)

It maybe a good idea to let people know how much you are after for the stills...

Nice to see you back anyway..
It's more than a Hobby...

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 03:27:13 PM »
I might stick around honestly. I do like to TALK about things I like, not just buy them. It took me a long time to come to terms with poverty, though. So this is my first real return without coins jingling in my pockets.

That said, I was really hoping to field some offers on the cards. There aren't a lot of sales records for them and I was very fortunate to get them very cheap. With my situation I can't afford to undersell them - I wouldn't be selling them at all if I could help it. But I don't want to rip anybody off either.

But they are historically relevant and pre-war paper that have both held very well. So I guess I'm looking for what people are willing to pay. I promise to not be one of those ass holes who is discouraged when his stuff isn't worth what he thinks it is.

I also trust that the community wouldn't swindle me out of my stuff. Good people doing business with good people usually makes happy business.

At the moment, there is an incomplete set of five on eBay at a starting price of $750 for Snow White. I'm willing to wait and see where that auction ends.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Snow-White-And-The-Seven-Dwarfs-Original-British-Lobby-Cards-Walt-Disney-/350779670521?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51ac18fff9
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 03:35:28 PM by Disheveledamethyst »