Author Topic: Beat this Bruce!  (Read 1873 times)

Charlie

Beat this Bruce!
« on: March 23, 2013, 09:08:24 PM »
Early last year I ran a series of vinyl 45 auctions.  Now I have a collection and stuff that came with buying lots for my collection.  But in Feb last year I decided to clean out my Elvis stash and some other nice 45s...  One in particular was an original 'Love is Strange' 45 (song from Dirty Dancing)...  Well somehow it made it's way from the 'for sale' pile to my turntable and then just vanished into thin air?!?  So I then subsequently sold the 45 and could not find it to send to good ol' George whom had won it on my ebay auction.  Now I searched and searched and just plain gave up (I even thought it might have slipped into a trash can or something). Told the guy that if I found it, I would send it on...  Well I finally found it in box under a piece of furniture (when moving it) the other day.  I informed George and sent it out, free of charge of course since I refunded his money straight away after not being able to locate it (and even turned down his offer to pay shipping)...  Today I got this from him:

I received the "Love is Strange" record today, Saturday, March 23. You are a true man of his word and I thank you very much for the record and your honesty. But I had to, i just had to, look it up when I bought it. It was Feb. 14, 2012. It took 404 days to get it , BUT I did get it. That's all right. I just thought you might get a laugh out of knowing. Thanks again, George.

Beat that Bruce 404 days from purchase to delivery with a Thank You...  ;)   I hope he will enjoy it - it was a good playing 45 too...

Bruce

Re: Beat this Bruce!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 09:57:21 PM »
That's a great story, Charlie!

I can't beat it, but I DO have a stack of around a dozen packages that were completely paid for but they later came back here as "unclaimed" and we tried to let them know, but their phone, e-mail and address were no good anymore!

Once a year or so I have one of my people go through them trying to track them down on the Internet, just so one day I can call someone and say, "You remember that $21 poster you ordered 10 years ago from me? I need an address to send it to!"

Charlie

Re: Beat this Bruce!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 10:38:13 PM »
Yeah, good on ya...   I figure I am just selfish.  Stories like mine make me feel good about myself and the potential of others.  Sure I could have just convinced myself he got refunded, so why bother. But that wasn't the good faith contract he agreed to.

That being said, I can send you an address if you really need one.  ;)