Author Topic: Anyone got easy access to a Metropolis RR UK Quad?  (Read 4959 times)

Offline Hallucination Generation

• Collector
Anyone got easy access to a Metropolis RR UK Quad?
« on: December 12, 2012, 08:58:26 AM »
If you do can you have a look at it and see if there is a bit of red ink on the grey building near the middle?
The copies i have came from the printer and they all have this.

This has never been an issue before but one ebayer has compained about it saying that it's not original.
I've sold loads of these and everyone has been happy so far. They should be as they are original DS posters.
This guy is a newbie with 3 feedback and his first message to me was him asking for £20 back to subdue his concerns.
He's also saying that it is 'significantly scratched' which is bollocks as i check every poster i send out to prevent this exact thing happening.

Usually on ebay i go above and beyond to please every customer but this one just rubbed me the wrong way.
I asked him to take a photo of the damage so that i knew the best way to proceed but he says that i am calling him a liar. He's a fucking tosser.

So if someone could check their copy and let me know.
Thanks.

• Collector
Re: Anyone got easy access to a Metropolis RR UK Quad?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 10:51:44 AM »
This guy has now opened a case against me.

He said he would return it in the tube but not wrapped as he had thrown away the packing and i said roll it up in a bin bag, tape it down and add some padding at either end so that if there is this damage that he claims it won't be further damaged on the way back, but apparently that's too much trouble....

'On receipt of the item I was extremely dispointed to note to areas of damage and stupidly, as I was very keen to keep the product, initially asked if the seller would consider a diso$#@^% to reflect the damage. Having reinpected it after sending the email I realised that in my haste and excitement at getting the product (and it was night time under a not particularly bright light)I had overlooked the fact that in fact the whole product was of terrible quality - poor resolution and poor paper quality - basically it looks like a half decent photocopy. A very expensive photocopy for £55 + postage. Having noticed this I emailed the seller asking for his details to return the product. i felt the respnse - requesting photos etc implied he was gearing up to blame me for the damage. Moreover, i simply do not trust, nor want to have any further dealings with someone who would knowingly sell such rubbish as original / new etc. He is clearly experienced in dealing with these types of matters - something that doesn't suprise me if all his posters are like this one. I do not feel at all comfortable sending this product back to him with all the stipulations he has made - wrapped in paper / bin liner / with bubble wrap / recorded delivery ( ithink this is simply a sophisticated attempt to catch people out when they don't have the time to commit to this palava) and am extremely annoyed that this person is allowed to operate on ebay where more vulnerable buyers would no doubt just accept the awful product and move on. I am more than happy to co-operate in anyway and am happy to forward you the product so that you can exercise your own quality control of this product - i think any rightminded person would find it laughable to even suggest that this is as advertised'

What a prick.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 10:57:28 AM »
"What a prick"

Yeah that sums it up nicely!

Send it to eBay first for their "quality control" - yeah ok that's a great idea.

How can the buyer not expect to send it back in the same secure packaging he received it in?

Sounds like classic buyer's remorse to me...
Chris

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 11:13:37 AM »
I don't know why, but you seem to attract trouble.
Send me a lottery ticket, with your luck I will win.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

• Collector
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 12:14:11 PM »
I don't know why, but you seem to attract trouble.
Send me a lottery ticket, with your luck I will win.

I do don't i?
And only if we go 50/50.  :)

Oh and here's my response:

"***I don't understand why this case has been opened.*** I said for you to return it but for the poster to arrive in the same condition it has left you it has to be packed correctly, (The way it was mailed to you) otherwise it will get damaged and i will be unable to verify the marking you speak of.*** If you don't pack it like i ask and send it back to me, we can go no further.*** The poster is new, undamaged and taken from a roll of what was, fifty posters right from the manufacturer. As soon as i checked it, it was wrapped with tissue paper and bubble wrap and placed in the tube for delivery. The damage you speak of was not visible then but the red mark you mention is a print bleed and is on them all, like i said before.** The posters (Image) resolution is poor yes, but this is the design, it's how it's meant to look as the artwork is from the 1927 original for the film. (It says that on the poster) The new parts of the poster, the title and text etc are crisp and clear.
As for the paper quality it is the same paper that is used for most uk quads except where they use the thick paper stock. I have some of 'The Dark Knight Rises' posters here and the paper feels identical. To say that it is like a photo copy is not true. Do you realise how hard it is to copy a film poster with a matching reverse image on the back? ** I asked you for a photo of the damaged area so i could choose which route to take via redelivery but you refused saying that i was basically calling you a liar. This is not the case, it's simply a way of dealing with the problem faster than having you return it to me. I have used this method previously and no one has complained till now.** Finally i don't appreciate being called to defend myself on ebay or being called untrustworthy by someone who obviously doesn't know the history of the item they are buying.

SCHOOLED!!!

Offline GemGem

• Hobbyist
    • GemGem movie posters
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 01:46:38 PM »

Sorry about the quality of photo but I'm guessing this is the area you were talking about (the only place I could find red ink) and yes it's part of the original image I presume rather than a printing error as I too got it directly from Eureka a week after they released it so I know it's original. What's his problem????  :-*
Roll, roll, roll, Rollergirl!!!

Offline GemGem

• Hobbyist
    • GemGem movie posters
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 01:50:02 PM »
Oh and yes the image is very pixulated (which I was a little annoyed about when I got it) but for £20, and the fact you don't even notice when hung up, I was happy with my purchase. If he wants a crisp and clean image tell him to buy an original and then he'll realise what a bargain he is getting!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 01:51:16 PM by GemGem »
Roll, roll, roll, Rollergirl!!!

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 01:54:21 PM »
If you do can you have a look at it and see if there is a bit of red ink on the grey building near the middle?
The copies i have came from the printer and they all have this.

This has never been an issue before but one ebayer has compained about it saying that it's not original.
I've sold loads of these and everyone has been happy so far. They should be as they are original DS posters.
This guy is a newbie with 3 feedback and his first message to me was him asking for £20 back to subdue his concerns.
He's also saying that it is 'significantly scratched' which is bollocks as i check every poster i send out to prevent this exact thing happening.

Usually on ebay i go above and beyond to please every customer but this one just rubbed me the wrong way.
I asked him to take a photo of the damage so that i knew the best way to proceed but he says that i am calling him a liar. He's a fucking tosser.

So if someone could check their copy and let me know.
Thanks.

Yup, on the original.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 02:17:04 PM »
Just checked mine and it's there also...

It seems one without this red ink must be really scarce..... ;)
It's more than a Hobby...

• Collector
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 02:25:06 PM »
Thanks for the effort.

Just confirms my belief that yes, i am always correct.  ;D

Thanks again.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 08:08:23 AM »
Send the buyer the link to the Eureka store website and ask him to take it up with them?  ;D

• Collector
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 09:03:25 AM »
Send the buyer the link to the Eureka store website and ask him to take it up with them?  ;D

He's probalby saw that and that's why he's makng all this crap up.

• Collector
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 04:17:18 PM »
The case continues....

The buyer has sent it back and it hasn't arrived.
The tracking number says it 'being processed through our system' which, seeing as it mailed on the 17th of December means it's lost.

Ebay have said they will hold the payment till the tracking details show the item has been returned.
Suprisingly I've not heard from the buyer. He's gonna get mad when he realises he will have to claim form royal mail.  gun2

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 06:57:27 PM »

He's probalby saw that and that's why he's makng all this crap up.

Eureka have had continuous availability of these since they first came on the market in late 2010. HG's customer has of course just realised that he could have paid £19.99 for one from them directly instead of £55.00 and is looking for a get out. Eureka have been selling this high quality and beautiful poster (mine also has the red mark) too cheaply and I have noted quite a few sales by re-sellers for around the £50 mark. HG should pass on his customer's complaints, about the poor quality of the poster, to Eureka and tell them to expect an iminent order from said customer.

Mark

• Collector
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 10:35:31 AM »
Final result from ebay:

Customer Support has reviewed the case and made a final decision.

Decision:
This case was decided in the buyer's favour. Although you won't have to reimburse your buyer for this transaction, the case will still be counted when determining your seller standing.

Comments:
The buyer returned the item without authorisation and did not provide tracking information for the return. You don't need to do anything else.

I don't see why this counts against me when i agreed to take it back. It's not my fault Royal Mail screwed up.
And he returned it with my authorisation and it had a tracking number, so i don't know what they are going on about since they are the ones that forwarded the tracker to me.

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 05:07:37 PM »
Final result from ebay:

Customer Support has reviewed the case and made a final decision.

Decision:
This case was decided in the buyer's favour. Although you won't have to reimburse your buyer for this transaction, the case will still be counted when determining your seller standing.

Comments:
The buyer returned the item without authorisation and did not provide tracking information for the return. You don't need to do anything else.

I don't see why this counts against me when i agreed to take it back. It's not my fault Royal Mail screwed up.
And he returned it with my authorisation and it had a tracking number, so i don't know what they are going on about since they are the ones that forwarded the tracker to me.

Looks like you may just have to take this one on the chin and fuggedaboutit,seems more hassle than it`s worth mate

Stew

• Collector
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 06:50:45 PM »
I will call tomorrow and see whats going on.

My good name is being sullied!!  ;D

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 06:54:01 PM »
I will call tomorrow and see whats going on.

My good name is being sullied!!  ;D
I know Dave,looks like your fight is now with the bay.
If you have all the mail between you and them saved..go for it.

Stew

« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 06:55:27 PM by stewart boyle »

• Collector
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 10:00:52 AM »
Got it taken off my account.  ;D