Author Topic: Mel, our 13th Annual Halloween Auction is our best ever, and here is a preview!  (Read 5051 times)

Bruce

I want to let you know that our 13th Annual Halloween Auction is about to begin (Part I starts on October 25th and ends November 1st, Part II starts on October 28th and ends November 4th, and Part I starts on October 30th and ends November 6th).

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY OUR BEST HALLOWEEN AUCTION EVER! We don't want you to take our word for it, so we will be adding a preview gallery each day between now and October 26th, each dedicated to a specific size!

Today we added the first preview gallery, which is of the 72 half-sheets. Go to http://www.emovieposter.com/unused/2012HWpreview/halfsheets/to see it. And then return each day to this other page, http://www.emovieposter.com/unused/2012HWpreview/, because each day we will add another link to to another preview gallery!

Remember that the Part I auctions won't begin until Thursday, October 25th at around 9 PM CST (so you can't view the actual auctions until that time). Best of luck to you on any of the items in this incredible auction that you bid on!

13th Annual Halloween Auction Preview is now live

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Wow - a personalized invitation to blow your $$$ wad  :o
Chris

Charlie

Wow - a personalized invitation to blow your $$$ wad  :o

He's an elite collector, ya know!  Plus, he probably has a shit-load of credit after disposing of his modern OS hoard...  Go get em Mel! 

Offline Starling

• Collector
I covet the Cat People half-sheet!  It's mine!! 

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
Here are the Belgians: http://www.emovieposter.com/unused/2012HWpreview/belgians/

The Rodan and the Tarantula are awesome.  I just wish Belgians were bigger!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

We hates the tiny hobbits posters!

Give us our precious one sheets....

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Here are the Belgians: http://www.emovieposter.com/unused/2012HWpreview/belgians/

The Rodan and the Tarantula are awesome.  I just wish Belgians were bigger!

I agree - great art on those two.  I for one think Belgians are a great size...
Chris

Dread_Pirate_Mel

I prefer one sheets because the size is "just right" - not too big, not too small - and the arrangement, artwork, design etc. is superior.  The half sheets and inserts are fine but are derivative and lobby cards are just scenes from the movies:

« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 06:51:41 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
I normally agree with you regarding one sheets Mel, but there are occasions where I prefer the landscape format.  And surprisingly, the Crab Monsters might be one of them as you get to see the whole crab.  Another off hand is the Outlaw Josey Wales int'l 1-sheet vs. the 1/2 sheet.... they are both great, but I own the 1/2 sheet.  Enough said.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
Us 1 sheets are down the bottom of my favourite format, for American posters generally I'd take inserts, half sheets and lobby cards over them,
There's exceptions of course.
For size alone, I think German A1's are kinda pretty darn good.
Belgians likewise.
Oh and I like fotobustas a lot.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

I'd like to know how the process worked. Did the artist (here, Albert Kallis) develop a large canvas that was used as the artwork for all formats or did he separately draw each format?  Did the main artist draw the one sheet art then other artists simply copy and/or expand the one sheet concept to the other formats?

For Crab Monsters to my eye the insert/half sheet art is cruder than the one sheet and you easily spot an error in the insert and half sheet (second below) compared to the one sheet (first below):

« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 06:37:30 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Almost like that insert and 1/2 sheet were prepared in Oz and de-sexified!
Chris

Charlie

Hey Mel think about it this way if you had all half sheets you could put up twice as many posters...  ;D

Charlie

For Crab Monsters to my eye the insert/half sheet art is cruder than the one sheet and you easily spot an error in the insert and half sheet (second below) compared to the one sheet (first below):

It is also the type of paper.  Half Sheets and Inserts tend to be on smoother egg-shell gloss type paper.  I would think that the ink would transfer different maybe even a different process... I would tend to think they are the same art though..  Maybe different offset/litho colors were used...