Author Topic: Pissed right about now  (Read 12598 times)

Steven11788

Pissed right about now
« on: August 27, 2012, 03:16:20 PM »
Welp boys stupid is.. get a package from Singapore, yep you know were this is going... and the tube looks like a F8cking L. then the tube is to small. It is same size of poster in it, so it has expanded and when i try to coax it out it spirals(you know when you donut roll a poster right and one end is pulled out) i hear a small small ripppp. my heart sinks. the real kicker is this. I paid 90 bucks for these, It is 2 Godzilla b1 exhibition in Sapporo posers. Bruce sold just one for 30 some in the last Japanese auction. So i over paid a bit, but i got 2 and missed emovies due to shitty net problems.. I look at Bruce's history( you man. are my hero for that alone bed1)  I see they are pretty hard to come by. SO do  keep possibility shitty poster(hell i cant even get them out of the tube. HOW do i do that)  because i might not see them for a while or get my cash back and start a online dispute, this will be my first problem with eBay like this. Hope the is legible, i am at class

Offline enki

• Collector
Re: Pissed right about now
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 03:18:43 PM »
I don't think anyone can answer that question but you. Will you be satisfied with the poster in it's now damaged condition? If not, return it. If you can, keep it. I would still advise contacting the seller to express your dissatisfaction. Maybe they will offer you some compensation.

Steven11788

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 03:23:11 PM »
thanks, i am jus urghhhh right now,  also been reading other packaging horror stories, after reading what you paid and how your star wars one was, i guess i cant complain,

Steven11788

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 03:31:11 PM »
after the bitching has ceased, i really do not know how to get this poster out of the tube, all the way without destroying it

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 03:33:28 PM »
after the bitching has ceased, i really do not know how to get this poster out of the tube, all the way without destroying it

Without seeing it, it's hard to determine the best possible method. How hard is the tube? Obviously not too hard since it got bent in half :(. You may want to try using some sharp scissors and carefully cut through it, at least the bent part. Can you bend it back into position and make the tube straight again? Make sure you take enough pictures before any attempts in case you go the dispute route.

Steven11788

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 03:40:26 PM »
i will and this tube is freakin thick, I am no hulk but i can get it almost straight. It is like someone beat againest a table, My first impression before i realized i couldn't get the poster out was how thick it was to be bent

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 08:52:33 PM »
I wouldn't even try to remove the posters -- yet. 
Take pics of the tube and send 'em off to the seller and then remove them if he/she insists.
They are obviously ruined and should be returned.
That sucks, Steven.
Hopefully they have replacements.

Steven11788

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 09:08:21 PM »
no replacements as these are a bit rare, seller will give me 20 back to keep it.. WTF??? it seems the back roll of the poster is like glued to the inner carboard of the tube.. I know it seems odd yall paying 100s up compared to me, and i complain about 100 bucks,  but as collage kid with a parttime job, 100 on month on posters is big to me.. I should listened to Ari a while back and just saved for a reptilicus. lol but i am obsessed with the Gman and the alternate images on these posters are killer

I have never opened a claim and hate to be mean, lol.. but as i said that is closer to 100 than to 50.. I took 3 pics aswell

Steven11788

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 09:04:49 PM »
giving him one more email chance, I dont know why he is pushing giving me 20 for keeping them, i am still paying 70 for 90% shit.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 09:54:15 PM »
giving him one more email chance, I dont know why he is pushing giving me 20 for keeping them, i am still paying 70 for 90% shit.

Just file a claim and ask for full refund.  They WILL come around again
Chris

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 10:03:25 PM »
It would be best to saw it through in half at the bend, making it easy to extract it from both sides. The damage done will be less than pulling it through from one end

Steven11788

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 10:09:16 PM »
i will either ship it back and get a refund, or if he says just keep it, then i will try to saw it, dont want F-it up anymore. I said one more email then boom, his ass

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 10:30:53 PM »
Probably best not to saw the tube in half, my dead pan humour often fails.

Maybe there is a tool to cut the tube wall to a specific depth, similar to a glass cutting tool? Maybe if you have some friends that can help, while you hold it a straight as you can, have them tighten the roll to then try extracting it. The dents might come out if you get it backed.

As 2 of these posters came up for sale at the same time, there will likely be more around after not too long. I would also suggest making a claim/ taking photos.

Through the Stones

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 12:09:45 AM »
Probably best not to saw the tube in half, my dead pan humour often fails.

Maybe there is a tool to cut the tube wall to a specific depth, similar to a glass cutting tool? Maybe if you have some friends that can help, while you hold it a straight as you can, have them tighten the roll to then try extracting it. The dents might come out if you get it backed.

As 2 of these posters came up for sale at the same time, there will likely be more around after not too long. I would also suggest making a claim/ taking photos.

The only thing I can think of is a large pipe cutter you wold pick up at a hardware store.  Not the scissors type but the kind you clamp onto the pipe, roll it around, tighten the blade, roll it around, tighten the blade, etc... that way you can get right to the depth you need.  Another wacky thought would be to try and find corners of the tube and start peeling it away like a Pillsbury biscuit tube?  You could just keep tearing until it becomes weak enough to get the poster out.

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 01:10:24 AM »
Another wacky thought would be to try and find corners of the tube and start peeling it away like a Pillsbury biscuit tube?  You could just keep tearing until it becomes weak enough to get the poster out.

Oh, I like this idea...seems safest, but probably most time intensive.
Ves

Steven11788

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 09:26:42 AM »
that does seem  the safest and cheapest, the peeling way,  and the 2 came up by the same seller, i mean heck they could pop up everywhere. i looked at his feedback 100, but not a single piece of paper sold, i believe he is just randomly selling stuff from his collection. I said id give him till today, probably this evening, and  yea i got pics,

Steven11788

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 08:59:48 PM »
after writing a nice message to the seller, even offering to pay postage back to Singapore. He wrote with just open a claim, thank you

so I don't like to air the dirty laundry, but do i have a chance, i wrote a descriptive honest paragraph on the claim page, and offered pictures,  DO I have a chance, my friend told me the usally side with seller, instead of buyer. I have lots of OS over 100, but to me 100 is well allot of cash, so I am a bit worried.. yea i know.. I'm whining

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 11:06:06 PM »
after writing a nice message to the seller, even offering to pay postage back to Singapore. He wrote with just open a claim, thank you

so I don't like to air the dirty laundry, but do i have a chance, i wrote a descriptive honest paragraph on the claim page, and offered pictures,  DO I have a chance, my friend told me the usally side with seller, instead of buyer. I have lots of OS over 100, but to me 100 is well allot of cash, so I am a bit worried.. yea i know.. I'm whining

Uhmm... This is through eBay and PayPal correct? If so, no offense, but your friend is an idiot.

PayPal will side with the buyer 99.999% of the time. And if, for some extremely unlikely reason, all the galaxies align, Venus rotates around the moon and Mars is in Uranus, and they actually side with the seller, all you need to do is issue a chargeback with your credit card company. Within a few days, they will yank that money out of the seller's account faster then you can say "paypal sucks".

With eBay and PayPal, the buyer is ALWAYS going to win in the case of a dispute. This is why they are horrible businesses. Proof is irrelevant. Facts are dismissed. "Seller Protection" is bullshit. They don't care about sellers. This is why many sellers, even if they know they are in the right and the buyers are committing fraud, will often just accept it and not dispute the issue since they are more afraid about getting negative feedback then losing. Because they know they already lost. At least the ones who understand how the game works.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2012, 12:22:33 AM »
Enki's right.  If you file a claim, Paypal/Ebay just about guarantees you satisfaction.
The few times I have filed, I have won.
Go get 'em Steven.
 whip

Steven11788

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2012, 07:42:37 AM »
Hey. I agree my friend is an idiot. Lol also another question, I was happy. Enough to send it back out of my pocket before claim, but after being nice. I am pissed. Will they make me pay shipping or will he or will I keep item. Glad I never sell then.

Thanks brude  this super laid back lamb is feeling like. A lion now

ozcinemagic

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2012, 08:23:42 AM »
Uhmm... This is through eBay and PayPal correct? If so, no offense, but your friend is an idiot.

With eBay and PayPal, the buyer is ALWAYS going to win in the case of a dispute. This is why they are horrible businesses. Proof is irrelevant. Facts are dismissed. "Seller Protection" is bullshit. They don't care about sellers. This is why many sellers, even if they know they are in the right and the buyers are committing fraud, will often just accept it and not dispute the issue since they are more afraid about getting negative feedback then losing. Because they know they already lost. At least the ones who understand how the game works.

Got it in one! Just refund and get on with it.
As for scammers and those who neg first and ask questions later, word gets around. What goes around comes around. Sellers communicate with each other, just like collectors do on forums like this.
In this case the buyer has sent it in a strong tube, so not at fault in that regard. I would have taken the package straight back to the PO and told them it was unacceptable to deliver in the damaged condition. They would have to return it, and then the seller can claim against their postal service's insurance. It was after all the postal service who damaged it, as is almost always conveniently overlooked! Easier to blame the seller.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2012, 08:33:21 AM »
Hey. I agree my friend is an idiot. Lol also another question, I was happy. Enough to send it back out of my pocket before claim, but after being nice. I am pissed. Will they make me pay shipping or will he or will I keep item. Glad I never sell then.

Thanks brude  this super laid back lamb is feeling like. A lion now

Chances are good that if the seller doesn't work it out with you, Paypal/Ebay will just refund you the money from his account and you might even get to keep the posters.
They will review your communications, etc.
Don't ship them back until Paypal/Ebay tells you to -- or if the seller sends you some refund himself and requests the posters back.

It is unfortunate -- like Oz says above, it was the postal system's fault somewhere along the line.

Steven11788

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2012, 09:00:44 AM »
blame is with both, yea the postal system bent, but with the seller throwing a to big of a poster in a small ass tube, with NO tube ends, just scotch tape on the end of tube,  nothing inside with poster, the posters had apparently something sticky on back of them to make them stick to the inside cardboard of the tube. I doubt he is a poster seller, since he only had 5 things off the wall to sell and this was one of them. I could of lived with the bend, it would of left one problem and i told the seller that, but his lack of packing skills after selling the poster in near mint condition and being a jack ass about is what is pissing me off.

and ozcinemagic are implying i am a scammer, he was the one that kept taking up time and then asked to contact him on his personal yahoo email to get it fixed. leaving eBay out of it. conveniently overlooked, i understand but, as said above i could have lived with bend, but not with inside, that was seller packing.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2012, 09:09:54 AM »
he was the one that kept taking up time and then asked to contact him on his personal yahoo email to get it fixed. leaving eBay out of it.

Sounds like he was trying to run out the clock on your claim and keep your attempts at reconciliation far from Ebay/Paypal eyes.
Ebay and Paypal are one and the same.
Those communications are reviewed by them.
If a dispute ever arises again, keep it polite (as you obviously did) and keep it on Ebay, where they can see it.
Seems your seller is a crafty maggot who's been through the dispute process before.

Steven11788

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2012, 09:15:38 AM »
idk.. sorry i flipped on the last comment, sitting between classes at moment and kept reading how people conveniently forget post office's fault... yea Brude my Aunt told me that, she is a hardcore ebay seller, she jumped me when i told her, as soon as anyone says take outside of ebay, she said that is red flag city. I been doing ebay for like 7 years, Its hard to believe this is the first time this has happend.