Author Topic: Disney one sheets  (Read 1489 times)

Through the Stones

Disney one sheets
« on: August 06, 2012, 11:21:19 PM »
Anyone have the low down on the date range that Disney printed numbers "Dot Matrix" style on the back of their posters and why?  My Aladdin advance and my Beauty and the Beast advance both have them but my Emperor's New Groove advance does not.  Any reason as to why they did this and is this a good indication of authentication for this specific time period - regular one sheets for these titles or others (Lion King, Little Mermaid, etc...)

Thanks in advance!

Offline Dan

• Hobbyist
  • Dan
    • Dan Rickard Photography
Re: Disney one sheets
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 11:44:23 PM »
They did it for tracking purposes...and then gave up....started...mmmm...late 80's...stopped....late 90's....someone else could probably pinpoint the times better than me---I know Little Mermaid was done....Rocketeer....
I put my pants on the same way as you...one leg at a time!

Through the Stones

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 12:50:20 AM »
If they were used as tracking numbers than you could probably assume that they didn't make any without numbers (double sided at least) and use them as authenticating marks, yes?

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 12:56:11 AM »
Didn't it pretty much start along side the emergence of DS posters?  The Little Mermaid (regular) is the first that I am sure of... I'd say if a poster has it then it's about as good a stamp of approval as you are going to get...

I know a poster seller that would scratch off the numbers.

Offline Dan

• Hobbyist
  • Dan
    • Dan Rickard Photography
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 12:58:49 AM »
I second that...I have seen plenty Madonna Dick Tracy posters with claw marks across the backs  ;0)
I put my pants on the same way as you...one leg at a time!