Author Topic: Postal tubes in the UK? Best buys?  (Read 4306 times)

Offline Hallucination Generation

• Collector
Postal tubes in the UK? Best buys?
« on: August 02, 2012, 06:22:00 PM »
Ran out of my supply of poster tubes. They were the compressed paper type which were pretty much indestructible.
I had over 150 when i bought them. Can't remember where from and can't find any on the web with reasonable prices.
It's all that coiled card shite.

I have just bought some 40mm polypipe to tide me over. It's big enough for the poster rolled in paper which will then be packed at each end.
They are tough and not bendy at all so i don't have to wrap the posters in bubble wrap.

I would have liked 45mm but they don't make it. May need to go for the 50mm for more than one poster in a tube.
Anyone know where in the UK i can get the compressed card ones at a good price? £1 each or so?

• Collector
Re: Postal tubes in the UK? Best buys?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 08:50:58 AM »
Bueller? Bueller?

• Collector
Re: Postal tubes in the UK? Best buys?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 04:32:21 PM »
I noticed today that a seller on ebay was selling 1 metre postal tubes that were used.
They wanted £2 each and postage was a mind blowing £5.30, so it was £7.30 for one used postal tube.

But they had photos of the tubes and they were used in the way that they had stored documents at one time. They were never mailed so were like new.

I'm all for recycling so i asked how much they wanted for the lot of 50 but informing them at the same time that Amazon sell tubes for less than £1 delivered.
Y'know, to try and bring the price and the seller down from £7.30 and from Crazytown, GB.

Anyway i got the response which i though would be like "We will send them for postage cost plus £10" or similar. But Oooooh Noooooo!

____________________________________________ ____________________________________________ ______________________________
Hi,
Royal Mail Standard Parcels seems the cheapest way.  So the cost would be £100 + Approx £60.00 postage.

Hope that's ok.

____________________________________________ ____________________________________________ ______________________________

Pure class ;D

« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 04:33:44 PM by Hallucination Generation »