Author Topic: Robin Hood  (Read 4599 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Robin Hood
« on: February 20, 2010, 09:32:00 PM »
Looking forward to this - Russell Crowe is perfect for this role (and Kevin Costner was a terrible choice!):

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Robin Hood
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 09:41:09 PM »
I do enjoy the Scott/Crowe teaming.  Gladiator is one of my favourite movies.

If this can be anything like Gladiator (avoiding the overblown Kingdom of Heaven) or as gritty as Black Hawk Down I will be very pleased.
Chris

Juli

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 10:02:45 PM »
^ I second you on that.

~ Juli

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 01:14:42 AM »
I'm a big fan of Crowe. I think he is one of the better actors working in Hollywood today. I'm an even bigger fan of Ridley's. I just hope this isn't a chubby Maximus. I hope they do their homework and really capture the spirit of Robin Hood by creating a very distinct character. I also hope the movie on it's own is as good as Gladiator but not just a lame derivative.

Chad

greatmichaelko

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 02:54:06 AM »
 8) ;Dlooook good

treegate

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 03:08:23 AM »
Saw this film a few days after it opened....anyone else feel it was rather slow and..hate to say it...dull? Crowe was fine as Robin Hood but the film didn't really go anywhere. Epic battle scenes? There was only one, and it was very brief at the ending. The trailer made it seem like this film was going to be fast-paced and a good dose of action, but there was none. I suspect a "director's cut" will be forthcoming to Blu-ray/DVD but I was really disappointed in this one.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 12:47:32 PM »
I thought it was mildly entertaining at times, Blanchett was miscast and Crowe could try to smile once in a blue moon...  My main problem was, why did they call it Robin Hood?  It could have been called anything else, since it has absolutely nothing to do with Robin Hood (you know, steal from the rich, give to the poor kind of thing).  Maybe they were setting it up for a sequel, but since Universal has yet another dud (I mean under-performer, that's how they call it in Hollywood these days) on their hands, Part 2 will never see the light of day.  And why can't Crowe smile a little.  I guess that's why he and Scott get along so well.  Man, between these two, making the flick must have been one joyous ride.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)