Author Topic: Moviepostersgallery.com  (Read 79571 times)

guest4955

Re: Eatbrie.com is now Moviepostersgallery.com
« Reply #225 on: September 04, 2018, 10:49:13 AM »
Congrats!

Online skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #226 on: September 04, 2018, 12:41:12 PM »
Very nice.

Looking forward to being able to search by Director as that was how I found I used your site the most. That and last posters purchased. Looking forward to seeing it all finished, as I'm sure you are too.

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #227 on: September 04, 2018, 05:22:35 PM »
way cool!
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #228 on: September 04, 2018, 08:58:30 PM »
Thanks for the kind words.  It is, like I said, a work in progress, but your words of encouragement are much appreciated.  I think it's much better than the old one, which was created for 100 posters back in 2001 (or 2002).  The amount of pictures and information was apparently a challenge for the guy who created it, but I'm happy with the result.  At least most of everything got transferred.

Now if I could only find the missing posters...  :'(

I think I'm going to create a bunch of collections like I had in the old website, if only to push forward my main areas of collecting.  I already did Spielberg, Bardot and Eastwood.  Others will follow.  Then there will be the search on top of that.  I want something super efficient, and my guy is looking into it.

Stay tune.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #229 on: September 04, 2018, 09:12:17 PM »
Thanks for the kind words.  It is, like I said, a work in progress, but your words of encouragement are much appreciated.  I think it's much better than the old one, which was created for 100 posters back in 2001 (or 2002).  The amount of pictures and information was apparently a challenge for the guy who created it, but I'm happy with the result.  At least most of everything got transferred.

Now if I could only find the missing posters...  :'(

I think I'm going to create a bunch of collections like I had in the old website, if only to push forward my main areas of collecting.  I already did Spielberg, Bardot and Eastwood.  Others will follow.  Then there will be the search on top of that.  I want something super efficient, and my guy is looking into it.

Stay tune.

T

Current number 13,851!  Even Honky Tonk Man is there!  Awesome, T!  Okie

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #230 on: September 04, 2018, 09:20:30 PM »
Number is wrong.  Should be something like 14,400 ;)  Still trying to figure it out.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #231 on: September 05, 2018, 02:17:20 PM »
Congratulations on a great looking website Thierry. I particularly like the images on the home page which are going to be regularly refreshed.

Mark

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #232 on: September 05, 2018, 02:55:21 PM »
Thanks Mark.  I’m just wondering if I should just drop everything I buy on the front page, modern posters and all, or just the best.  If I do the best, then I’ll add stuff on a weekly basis, but not a lot.  Otherwise, it’d probably be daily.

T
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 03:08:21 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #233 on: September 05, 2018, 03:10:48 PM »
I think you should post everything - you might otherwise deprive other collectors of seeing something that could interest them. Maybe highlight your particular favourites (from the selection of 50) in some way.

Mark

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #234 on: September 05, 2018, 03:18:44 PM »
I buy a lot of crap, Mark.  You know, things that only mean something to me as a completist. 

T
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 03:19:59 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #235 on: September 05, 2018, 04:33:06 PM »
I like seeing your modern stuff. On the old site, I'd periodically check the 2017 - 2018 page to see stuff that you had picked up, but didn't rate enough to go on the new additions page.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #236 on: September 06, 2018, 01:37:16 AM »
I buy a lot of crap, Mark.  You know, things that only mean something to me as a completist. 

T

Isn't being a completist fun, though? When you have something complete, then you can bask in the glory, like with E.T., right?

Otherwise I may feel a little guilty for telling you about some posters, a few of which you deemed not too crappy and bought.

Congratulations on the new website.  It wasn't loading on my phone a minute ago but I'll check it out on my computer sometime.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #237 on: September 06, 2018, 11:38:24 AM »
I've learned that nothing is ever complete, because new obscure stuff pops up all the time, or you suddenly go after stuff you were not interested in just to make it a little more complete.

Yeah, the website might be going up and down until my guy figures out how to make it work properly.  He's on vacation right now but I have a list of 20 things I want him to change.  He's probably going to ask for more money :(

T
My Personal Collection

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #238 on: September 06, 2018, 03:43:21 PM »
Looks great!
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #239 on: September 06, 2018, 07:11:28 PM »
Eatbrie, ain't that the truth! A few years ago I finally acquired the insert to OHMSS and feeling I had finally completed the full run of OO7 inserts, leaned back and relaxed. Until one day 2 months later when I saw on eBay an international insert to FYEO which I didn't know existed. So the hunt began again. Ask Simes about his adventures in trying to complete his Bond lobby sets, and then have some unknown OO7 card come out of left field.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #240 on: September 07, 2018, 09:50:30 PM »
So I’ll try to compromise.  I won’t post the really inconsequential stuff and will just stick to middle of the road to slightly better stuff.  This way it will allow me to update the website quite often without subjecting visitors to another Avengers poster no one cares about.  Also, if I buy like 50 newer posters, the better stuff won’t be buried right away.

T
My Personal Collection

guest4955

« Reply #241 on: September 08, 2018, 04:45:21 PM »
What's your address?  notworthy.gif >:D

Profaner:

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #242 on: September 08, 2018, 07:56:50 PM »
I just had a chance to dig through your website and all I can say is Wow!  :o thumbsup.gif

I noticed you like big paper. Inserts and 22x28's don't interest you?

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #243 on: September 08, 2018, 08:16:46 PM »
I have a few inserts, like The Postman Always Rings Twice, War of the Worlds, Psycho and about 100 others, but yeah, not into the format much.  1/2 sheet, very few also.  Best titles are Laura, The Prince and the Showgirl and a few others, but it's really on a per title basis. 

You're right, I like BIG posters, French, Italians are the best imo.  I only buy posters of movies I've seen (essential to me) and will always focus on international before US, because the art is SO much better.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #244 on: September 08, 2018, 10:45:21 PM »
When I started out it was 1-sheets, inserts and lobby sets. I liked 40x60's because of the different art but the card stock was a problem. If 40x60's were printed on light paper and folded I would have had a huge stack of them. I drew the line at 3-sheets since they could usually be displayed with minimum damage. 6-sheets were just expensive wallpaper and hard to display, so I never really got into them.

Foreign posters are intriguing because of the different art used on them. The problem was finding connections to get them. I never had a reliable source until I saw Pix Poster Cellar's display at a NY convention. Ira was, and I assume still is great about working with dealers and provided me with some fantastic pieces at a great price. Occasionally I dealt with JB Books and Magazines for Italian 39x55 posters, but he was a little sketchy, so I only dealt with him occasionally. Pix was the main source.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #245 on: September 09, 2018, 10:03:14 AM »
For sure need to be able to filter by year again. Must have!

Looks good, I might need this guy, send me some cost info  ;)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #246 on: September 09, 2018, 09:25:35 PM »
When I started out it was 1-sheets, inserts and lobby sets. I liked 40x60's because of the different art but the card stock was a problem. If 40x60's were printed on light paper and folded I would have had a huge stack of them. I drew the line at 3-sheets since they could usually be displayed with minimum damage. 6-sheets were just expensive wallpaper and hard to display, so I never really got into them.

Foreign posters are intriguing because of the different art used on them. The problem was finding connections to get them. I never had a reliable source until I saw Pix Poster Cellar's display at a NY convention. Ira was, and I assume still is great about working with dealers and provided me with some fantastic pieces at a great price. Occasionally I dealt with JB Books and Magazines for Italian 39x55 posters, but he was a little sketchy, so I only dealt with him occasionally. Pix was the main source.

It was a different time for sure. 

I've never been to a poster convention and never will.  Not my thing.  A lot of collectors scare me.  And I don't display my posters.  Just two for months/years at a time.  So no size issues.  I just collect for fun and I never sell, so I have no reasons to mingle really.  Just with you fine folks ;)  Which is probably why I created this forum in the first place.

T
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 09:29:00 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #247 on: September 09, 2018, 09:32:28 PM »
For sure need to be able to filter by year again. Must have!

Extremely true.  So much stuff will be forever buried if it remains the way it is.  I think I'm going to do it by decades, though.  By years is too time consuming and the scroll down menu would be too long.  Just decades and the search, that should be enough. 

I'm also adding a lot of lists under Collections.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #248 on: September 09, 2018, 09:34:04 PM »
What's your address?  notworthy.gif >:D

I'm moving in a couple of months.  Come and help me move.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #249 on: September 09, 2018, 10:44:29 PM »
I understand you in that some collectors can be, shall we say, different. Not all collectors are like that. You may be pleasantly surprised at what you can find there. A long desired piece might be found there. Plus, shipping and packaging issues are non existent since it's an open marketplace with no games or tricks. What you see is what you get. Plus haggling with a dealer for a better price can sometimes be fruitful. But then I've been to cons where you want to run for the exits, screaming. imbecile.gif