Author Topic: Moviepostersgallery.com  (Read 79580 times)

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
Re: Eatbrie.com
« Reply #200 on: May 02, 2018, 02:09:46 PM »
And congrats on the Notorious cards.  Just lovely.

Yes, very nice pickup for someone who doesn't really collect lobbies.  Jealous, although I picked up three cards I am quite happy with as well.
-Jay-

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #201 on: May 02, 2018, 06:06:34 PM »
Yes, it’s true, I don’t really collect lobbies, but since I only want full sets, it makes it a little more challenging. 

So when a pretty good one comes around...

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest4955

« Reply #202 on: June 16, 2018, 02:00:33 AM »
Asking Thierry about whence he procured his MPs is like seeking prophecies from the Oracle of Delphi!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oracular_statements_from_Delphi

But I do like this mysterious "promotional canvas" for SOW:

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #203 on: June 16, 2018, 05:42:21 PM »
I'm actually in the process of revamping my website.  It won't even be called Eatbrie.com anymore, but Moviepostersgallery.com.  It won't be operational until Mid July.  It will still be JUST my personal collection, still NOTHING for sale, but it will have a search engine, by actors, directors, artists, etc...  With more than 14,000 posters, it should be a good collecting tool, or so I hope.

I hope it's done soon, because I'm already more than 100 posters behind.  I should just stop collecting until it's done... but I can't.

T
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 07:22:52 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #204 on: July 24, 2018, 11:20:02 AM »
I'm actually in the process of revamping my website.  It won't even be called Eatbrie.com anymore, but Moviepostersgallery.com.  It won't be operational until Mid July.  It will still be JUST my personal collection, still NOTHING for sale, but it will have a search engine, by actors, directors, artists, etc...  With more than 14,000 posters, it should be a good collecting tool, or so I hope.

I hope it's done soon, because I'm already more than 100 posters behind.  I should just stop collecting until it's done... but I can't.

T

Is the new site near completion, T? Looking forward to seeing it (and your new updates).

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #205 on: July 24, 2018, 11:45:50 AM »
Is the new site near completion, T? Looking forward to seeing it (and your new updates).

Yeah, it's taking longer than I thought because the guy is going a little crazy with 14,000+ posters.  I don't think he realized it when he took the job.  He actually had to send the info from the old site to India because it was too time consuming to revert it to another system.  I don't know, I don't know anything about this stuff.

What I know is that I like to add my posters to the site as they come so I don't get overwhelmed, and that I already have 200 posters on hold since I stopped updating the site.  Not too happy.

T
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #206 on: July 24, 2018, 03:51:24 PM »
I bet it’s a handful juggling 14k images and the data that goes with them! I used a freelancer out of India when I cobbled my site together and I think he hated me by the end as I was quite fussy about the gallery and it got revised quite a few times. I’m sure your man will get there in the end and it’ll be worth it. I’m exited to see it!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #207 on: July 24, 2018, 04:05:49 PM »
He's asked me for more money a couple times already ;)  I just want it done right.  One guy in India quit the project and refunded the money saying it was crashing his system.

When my wife created the original site 16 years ago, I owned less than 100 posters.  It was time for an update.

We'll see.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #208 on: July 24, 2018, 05:04:45 PM »
I bet it’s a handful juggling 14k images and the data that goes with them! I used a freelancer out of India when I cobbled my site together and I think he hated me by the end as I was quite fussy about the gallery and it got revised quite a few times. I’m sure your man will get there in the end and it’ll be worth it. I’m exited to see it!

Looking forward to see T’s new site as I’m a frequent visitor, but when do we get see yours Tob?  :)

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #209 on: July 24, 2018, 05:53:18 PM »
Looking forward to see T’s new site as I’m a frequent visitor, but when do we get see yours Tob?  :)

I have to add about 300 posters, then I should be relatively caught up and will start a thread. I'm a bit embarrassed to share though as 98% of my collection is junk (to others, I obviously love my junk!) and my photos are really dreadful!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #210 on: July 24, 2018, 06:15:00 PM »
You shouldn't be embarrassed.  All of our collections are junk to others.  I post things that I think are cool but no one cares.  And that's okay, because at the end of the day, no one collects for others to clap, you collect for yourself.  Who cares if other people don't like it.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #211 on: July 24, 2018, 07:41:41 PM »
Case in point, this Back to the Future Thai I received yesterday.  I don't get excited about posters anymore.  I still haven't received my Heritage posters from the last Sig auction, that tells you how excited I get.  I only get excited if I've been looking for something for a long time and I finally find it.  This BttF is one of 3 posters I still need to call my Spielberg collection complete (yeah, 2 to go!!!).  I'll keep adding to it, but I will own everything I ever wanted.  I've been looking for this Thai poster for 10 years, if not longer.  I finally got it.  But it only means something to me.  Maybe one or two people will care, but the rest will be - Bah - and that's okay because I like it.

Notice how Michael J. Fox looks Thai.  I love it.

:)

T
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 07:56:41 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #212 on: July 24, 2018, 07:53:39 PM »
By the way, the new website will be called Movie Posters Gallery (http://moviepostersgallery.com/)

Enough with the Brie, I'm on a diet.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #213 on: July 24, 2018, 10:32:01 PM »
Hi T,  It's funny that you said "bah" above in reference to people liking or not liking what you like.  If you didn't already know, "bah" can mean "crazy" in Thai.  Pretty funny in context.  Okie

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #214 on: July 25, 2018, 12:47:54 AM »
That's great.  I went to Thailand twice, but aside from Kapunka and kapuncrap, I don't remember much.  Just liked the crap part.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #215 on: July 25, 2018, 12:52:46 AM »
That's great.  I went to Thailand twice, but aside from Kapunka and kapuncrap, I don't remember much.  Just liked the crap part.

T

Funny, one person's "crap" can be another person's "crup", pronunciation being what it is sometimes!   Okie

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #216 on: July 25, 2018, 01:25:55 AM »
Are you Thai, btw?  If so, I love your country.  Can't wait to go back and show my kids.

T
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #217 on: July 25, 2018, 07:29:04 AM »
That BttF is great, the tweaked likeness on MJF is cool. Must have felt satisfying to cross it off the list after 10 years  thumbsup.gif

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #218 on: July 25, 2018, 01:51:15 PM »
Are you Thai, btw?  If so, I love your country.  Can't wait to go back and show my kids.

T

My wife was born there, though she grew up mainly in the U.S.  We have spent some great times in Thailand as well for work and vacation.    Okie

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #219 on: July 25, 2018, 11:46:39 PM »
Okie...

what's your favorite Thai restaurant in Norman? I went to Thai Basil last time I was there and a different place the time before

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #220 on: July 26, 2018, 10:12:01 PM »
Okie...

what's your favorite Thai restaurant in Norman? I went to Thai Basil last time I was there and a different place the time before

Hi Richie,  It's not Thai, but my favorite Asian food in Oklahoma City is the Lido.  Here's their link https://www.lidorestaurantokc.com. It's been great for years. Certainly worth the short drive from Norman.  We should go there in October?  Next night we should go to Cattleman's Cafe in the OKC stockyards. Thanks to T for letting us hijack his thread to talk great food!  Okie

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Eatbrie.com is now Moviepostersgallery.com
« Reply #221 on: September 03, 2018, 04:20:32 PM »
Movie Posters Gallery is LIVE.

Well, somewhat.

The new website is far from being ready yet, but if I wait for it to be complete, it could easily be the end of the year.

Again, NOTHING is for sale.  Just my personal collection. 

The front page will always display some of my most recent purchases.  Only 50 posters will be listed, with the new ones replacing the old ones.  What you see here is 3 months of purchases, but a lot more will be listed shortly.

What doesn't work:
The search engine - Not working properly yet
There are a bunch of functions I still don't know how to use, like changing the background picture
350 posters got lost in the transfer and I have no idea what they are - The collection is about 14,400 pieces and I only have 14,050 listed.
I need to build a bunch of my favorite collections to make the search easier.

All this will come in time.

T
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 04:57:08 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #222 on: September 03, 2018, 04:47:11 PM »
Good on you T

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #223 on: September 04, 2018, 01:24:14 AM »
Looking good T  thumbsup.gif

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #224 on: September 04, 2018, 05:30:47 AM »
Very cool, T.

I like how much bigger the thumbnails are compared to your old site, it makes browsing through much more enjoyable. The galleries look good too, the tiled approach is a winner I think. It's also nice and responsive and quick to load. I've missed seeing your new acquisitions! Some really great stuff there.