Author Topic: James Bond  (Read 628255 times)

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Re: James Bond
« Reply #750 on: February 07, 2012, 03:27:27 AM »
Where is the "owner gift recipient of one of the world's greatest least-substantiated Bond poster collections"?

I've got a couple of "concerns," like why he plasters huge ads for Ebid all over his website - which ridiculously now has MORE junk advertising than MoviePosterForum.com - yet sells his Bond posters on Ebay:

The ad says Ebid is an Ebay alternative basically for tight arses. It is not saying Ebid is a better place to advertise than ebay. I don't see the problem from the screen grab above. Time to let it go Mel

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #751 on: February 07, 2012, 03:28:14 AM »

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #752 on: February 12, 2012, 12:56:29 PM »
I've added a "James Bond" page to MoviePosterCollectors.com.  I've tried to make it creative and fun, which is what this hobby is all about, right?  Here are some movie collages (all posters proportionally sized) from the page.  Check it out....

« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 01:01:10 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #753 on: February 12, 2012, 06:04:06 PM »
 deadhorse

-Jeff

Charlie

« Reply #754 on: February 12, 2012, 10:26:03 PM »
Nice Mel! Its great for a non bond guys like me.  I enjoyed them...

agentprovocateur

« Reply #755 on: February 13, 2012, 10:36:20 AM »
Quality work Mel, really like the individual movie section designs.

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #756 on: February 13, 2012, 11:30:01 AM »
I have had a lot of personal problems in my life recently, and to hear from other members outside of this forum (who shall remain nameless) of Mel's idiotic and downright shameful behaviour towards me yet again is of no surprise. It is also extremely disappointing that Mel once more has attacked someone on a personal level.

I corrected a few "facts" Mel had clearly stated as apparent "fact".
Someone saying that it was harsh because Mel is not from the UK is rather naive, I must apologise if this is not what you want to hear, but such is Mel's own knowledge of this hobby (this cannot be argued with as we all know what he is like). Almost everything Mel says on this forum, and others, is "fact" - this is wrong as it misleads people. We have all seen this.

I must say that I fail to see the point of Mel's personal attacks (yet again).
I am rather amused by his antics.
I actually feel sorry for him. I pity him.

It is people like Mel who go out of their way to dislodge and defame others who correct their own wrongs.
I suppose it all boils down to Mel's neediness to be loved and be famed for being the Almighty.
I suppose it all boils down to Mel's attention-seeking nature.

I find it very, very sad that someone, whether it is Mel or another, will go out of their way taking screen-shots of web pages, of auctions, of anything, and then go about writing diatribe that not only harms the person they are writing about but also themselves. Does he not understand this? Does he not understand that the internet records everything you say on it?

How can one person get so involved with their own ego that they think attacking someone else is the right way to go about things?

Now Mel,

You can continue to attack me, say all the nastiness in the world (I know who likes me, I know who appreciates me, I know who does not and I know what you think of me) but know this - you do not know a thing about me apart from what you read on this forum and what you see on my websites. You do not know about any part of my life to attack me on it in any personally informed manner, despite me even providing you the opportunity to do so.

I have never, do not, and will never hold myself in higher regard as a complete person against you or anyone else on this planet.

I am not better than you.
You are not better than me.

I am more mature than you.
You more immature than me.
You are better at law than me.
I am worse at law than you.
But we are still the same.

You need to get to grips with how you interact with the wider world because you never know who or what is around the corner.

And please, for the sake of your own self, grow up and begin to realise that you need help with your attitude. You need to learn when to stop. You need to learn when to fight and when not to. You need to learn the difference between discussion and attacking. You need to learn that you have upset a lot of people in this hobby. You need to learn that a lot of people don't like you for these reasons and more.

You need to take a long, hard look at yourself.
You are your own worst enemy.

What I have been told by other members and the abuse from you publicly has put me off this forum altogether. I think that is disgusting. I know I am not the only one who has said this, and so with that in mind I ask you to reconsider your position in relation to your thinking, attacks, and overall attitude to me and others as you are pushing people away from a forum and hobby that is there for everyone.

The sad thing about all this is that after everything that has happened in my life recently, I have finally come to the realisation that, you know what, I don't need this.

I don't care any longer.
I have the support of those who matter most.

I'm sorry everyone, but I've had enough of this place.
I cannot continue to play a part in a forum where I will be continually attacked on a personal level over my posts and/or my corrections of so-called "facts" without the direct intervention of the forum administrators.

If anyone wishes to contact me, then please do not hesitate to write me or call me:

bondposters@hotmail.com

Thank you, and all the best to those who have supported me on this forum from the very beginning to now, I really do appreciate it.
Adam
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #757 on: February 13, 2012, 11:58:27 AM »
still bored  eyeroll
-Jay-

Charlie

« Reply #758 on: February 13, 2012, 12:13:07 PM »
So does that mean he won't even get to read the response?  Sorry to lose you dude.  You and Mel's bickering were pure entertainment at times... Have you two ever even met in person?  Maybe a sit down or intervention is in order. 

pcorn

Bruce

« Reply #759 on: February 13, 2012, 01:54:37 PM »
Come back, Adam, come back!

Bruce

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #760 on: February 13, 2012, 02:45:59 PM »
I predict 3 things:
1. Adam is gone less than a month.
2. One of his first 3 posts will be a diatribe against Mel.
3. I'll still be bored.
-Jay-

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #761 on: February 13, 2012, 05:07:54 PM »
Someone saying that it was harsh because Mel is not from the UK is rather naive, I must apologise if this is not what you want to hear, but such is Mel's own knowledge of this hobby (this cannot be argued with as we all know what he is like).

That was me - I don't think it was naive, Mel seemed to make a genuine mistake in reading about a sheet featuring Bond posters and thinking that 'a sheet' referred to a poster and not a sheet of stamps.

Anyway, I can see now that there's some history here, so I'll leave it at that as I don't really want to get tangled up. I hope your personal problems get better soon and hopefully you'll be posting again in the future.

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #762 on: February 13, 2012, 05:17:30 PM »
All I would like to say is that it is rather sad that Adam has decided (due to personal reasons) to leave our forum.
I do hope he has a change of mind.
Mel., Adam.,
Maybe you both need a break from each other....?
There is plenty of room here for both of you.
Regards
Stew

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #763 on: February 13, 2012, 08:52:03 PM »
Adam, you just can't contain your inner crazy.  A couple of months ago you were all friendly - "have a great time in London!" (See the below email.) Then a week ago - out of the blue and for no logical reason - you made the inane charge that I was deliberately "misleading" forum members about some silly Bond 50th poster.  Everybody else knows I got in a rush and posted some incorrect information in good faith.

Sadly, it's totally typical of your bizarre behavior.  Like several others here, I received dozens of wacky emails from you calling me "diabolically evil" until I finally had to cut you off. Unlike Thierry, I refused to "apologise" to you and you've been fuming and making smarmy posts about it for two years.

You'll probably be back soon enough but if you don't come back, it's no loss since you're not really a collector - you just took credit for your Dad's posters - and you haven't contributed to this forum.  You mostly pimped your poster sales and started fights with others, mostly me.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #764 on: February 13, 2012, 09:03:56 PM »
Drama: Something women and especialy teenage girls thrive on.  Consisting of any number of situations that have an easy solution, wich would bring a fairly good outcome, but these girls choose another, shitty, bad way to deal with it, again consisting of backstabbing, blackmailing/gossiping/betraying their friends, or the all-too-common "I want to break up with him but i still love him!"  It drives men and what i like to call "normal" girls nuts.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #765 on: February 13, 2012, 09:49:16 PM »
What did I miss?
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #766 on: February 13, 2012, 10:06:38 PM »
Drama: Something women and especialy teenage girls thrive on.  Consisting of any number of situations that have an easy solution, wich would bring a fairly good outcome, but these girls choose another, shitty, bad way to deal with it, again consisting of backstabbing, blackmailing/gossiping/betraying their friends, or the all-too-common "I want to break up with him but i still love him!"  It drives men and what i like to call "normal" girls nuts.

That isn't fair to women T.  I fucking hate drama more than anybody, but I know just as many men who partake.  Case in point...

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #767 on: February 13, 2012, 10:09:35 PM »
That isn't fair to women T.  I fucking hate drama more than anybody, but I know just as many men who partake.  Case in point...

Agreed. My wife is anti-drama, she will bring the smack down WAY before drama builds. She is like a little white version of Coffy, she don't play!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 10:12:01 PM by wonka »
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #768 on: February 13, 2012, 10:37:37 PM »
Mel, bored with you too.

My fourteen year old daughter has more restraint than either of you.
-Jay-

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #769 on: February 13, 2012, 11:15:26 PM »
After yet another playground scuffle, back to the fun and games....

« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 12:07:11 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #770 on: February 19, 2012, 01:33:33 PM »
I finished the James Bond webpage on MoviePosterCollectors.  It is the "web page from hell" as far as size (8mb) and takes 30 seconds to download but it is visually striking and unlike anything else on the web, which was my goal.  Now I'll do the same thing for Star Wars when I get motivated....

Bruce

« Reply #771 on: February 19, 2012, 01:59:51 PM »
That link to Adam's site at the bottom of the page was a nice addition, Mel.

Bruce

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #772 on: February 19, 2012, 02:14:58 PM »
I finished the James Bond webpage on MoviePosterCollectors.  It is the "web page from hell" as far as size (8mb) and takes 30 seconds to download but it is visually striking and unlike anything else on the web, which was my goal.  Now I'll do the same thing for Star Wars when I get motivated....
Well done Mel !
Looks great  thumbup

Stew

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #773 on: February 19, 2012, 02:17:12 PM »
That link to Adam's site at the bottom of the page was a nice addition, Mel.

Bruce
It is n`t Adams site Bruce,007.com is unrelated.

Stew

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #774 on: February 19, 2012, 02:20:18 PM »
Excellent work. thumbup