Author Topic: James Bond  (Read 628322 times)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
Re: James Bond
« Reply #625 on: September 13, 2011, 10:18:16 AM »
To the best of my knowledge the DAF in question was printed with the original plates for the original release but was used as spillover for either foreign or domestic release. Another way to look at it is a second (or later) printing to quickly meet theater demand. In either case, it is from 1971 and the initial release, but I will check with the guy I talked to about this a few years back.

If I find anything out, will let yinz know ASAP.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #626 on: September 13, 2011, 11:18:40 AM »
No question it is a 1971 poster, most likely the international. The lettering color is substantially different.  The 71 uses dark orange brown. The 80 uses orange shades.

Bruce

« Reply #627 on: September 13, 2011, 11:53:59 AM »
I see what you guys are saying. I assume you all noticed that there is no union logo at bottom center (but as I wrote in the description, it appears that it was painted over with restoration paint).

Because it does seem that it is the original poster, I will end the auction and relist it later, properly identified.

Thanks very much. Remember that it is always better to also send us an e-mail directly, because I don't always get to check the forum as often as I might like, and we get corrections done much faster when they are also e-mailed to us directly.

Bruce

agentprovocateur

« Reply #628 on: September 13, 2011, 12:49:10 PM »
Ayup... I've got a quick question regarding a single sided Quantum of Solace 1-sheet I'm interested in. It's the final version with Bond and lady walking in the desert away from the burning evil villains base, buuut... supposedly the sandy background has been embossed which gives it a rough textured feel!?

I do know about the same double sided poster having the Bond logo in the middle embossed (and UV coated?) but never heard of this version before.

Has anyone got one of these, seen one, know anything about it?

Any info. would be helpful, thanks.

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #629 on: September 13, 2011, 01:27:37 PM »
I see what you guys are saying. I assume you all noticed that there is no union logo at bottom center (but as I wrote in the description, it appears that it was painted over with restoration paint).

Because it does seem that it is the original poster, I will end the auction and relist it later, properly identified.

Thanks very much. Remember that it is always better to also send us an e-mail directly, because I don't always get to check the forum as often as I might like, and we get corrections done much faster when they are also e-mailed to us directly.

Bruce

I can understand Mel checking here first.  One hates to call out a poster unless you are sure.

What I don't understand is why the backer chose to put blank paper in that area instead of replacing it with the logo from another poster.  I assume he is using junk posters for fill material.
-Jay-

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #630 on: September 30, 2011, 11:25:15 PM »
I guess this goes here, Title translates as  sexual temptations of 007 and the tagline: her wish... was to grab the pistol!!!

and in case you didn`t notice, the two zeros are... nuts... classy!
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #631 on: October 04, 2011, 09:36:48 PM »
FYEO international 1S - got it tonight but gotta admit the quad is superior:

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #632 on: October 05, 2011, 11:42:41 AM »
FYEO international 1S - got it tonight but gotta admit the quad is superior:

jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop wow1 wow1 wow1

Well said Mel... ;)

It's more than a Hobby...

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #633 on: October 05, 2011, 04:23:58 PM »
Alright, where is the REAL Mel and what have you done with him!

Conor
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #634 on: October 05, 2011, 06:03:50 PM »
Alright, where is the REAL Mel and what have you done with him!

Conor

Seriously.  The transformation is astounding!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #635 on: October 08, 2011, 08:15:54 PM »
A rare victory for the ji-quad-ists 'round here!  Most quads use the one sheet art.  But this time the one sheet borrowed the quad design and looks "squeezed" in comparison.

By the way, the quad just sold for a relatively low $92 tonight on Ebay.  My $91 snipe bid was the leader .... for about three seconds....

Here they are scaled to actual proportions:

« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 08:22:36 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #636 on: October 11, 2011, 08:49:13 AM »
If SkyFall is indeed the title to the next Bond, another forum is playing around with fan poster designs.  Most of which are of the usual standard.

But this one, if the title and the lead villain identity are to be believed, seems to tick all the teaser poster requirement boxes.

Thoughts.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #637 on: October 11, 2011, 10:38:23 AM »
If SkyFall is indeed the title to the next Bond, another forum is playing around with fan poster designs.  Most of which are of the usual standard.

But this one, if the title and the lead villain identity are to be believed, seems to tick all the teaser poster requirement boxes.

Thoughts.
.com/albums/k542/jamesbondbrasil/skyfall_fan_art_by_sergio.jpg[/img]

Excellent! Too bad it's just fan art (it's titled "fan art by Sergio" in the Photobucket account).

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #638 on: October 11, 2011, 02:17:26 PM »
Fixed this for ya.

Excellent! Too bad Thank God it's just fan art (it's titled "fan art by Sergio" in the Photobucket account).

While I am all in favor of Blofeld making a return to the franchise, including his lap cat, Bond posters have been so horrible as of late, the last thing we need is a big ass cat 27x40.

(IMO, the best Blofeld is Donald Pleasance from You Only Live Twice. The scar, the voice, the glares, the suits, the chair, etc...so great!)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 02:18:32 PM by wonka »

I was mistaken,

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #639 on: October 11, 2011, 02:29:50 PM »
Sorted this for you too sir.

(IMO, the most deficient of all Blofelds is Donald Pleasance from You Only Live Twice. The scar, the voice, the glares, the suits, the chair, etc...so lacking in presence!)

Oh the hilarity of debate.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #640 on: October 11, 2011, 02:36:23 PM »
Runner up in the Blofeld contest is the one in the chair that you never see in FRWL.

I was mistaken,

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #641 on: October 11, 2011, 02:37:39 PM »
(IMO, the best Blofeld is Donald Pleasance from You Only Live Twice. The scar, the voice, the glares, the suits, the chair, etc...so great!)

I must chime in.
In my VERY biased opinion it has to be my man Telly in On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Who loves you baby?

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #642 on: October 11, 2011, 03:56:04 PM »
Telly was good, but Telly is Telly, what you see it what you get. Kind of like Harrison Ford.

Simes, don't tell me you like Charles Gray's Blofeld.

I was mistaken,

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #643 on: October 11, 2011, 04:39:30 PM »
The studio has issued hundreds of posters showing Bond, babes, and guns. Something like that fan art of the white cat would be a refreshing - and much needed - change.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #644 on: October 11, 2011, 05:27:27 PM »
The studio has issued hundreds of posters showing Bond, babes, and guns. Something like that fan art of the white cat would be a refreshing - and much needed - change.

No Bond, babes or guns!!?!? BLASPHEMY!!!

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #645 on: October 11, 2011, 05:53:58 PM »
We are talking about a Bond movie right?

Since were on the subject of change...What if one of the posters for lets say Black Swan had a Bond type character stroking a gun along the thigh of a half naked Mila Kunis?  I liked the Swan posters just fine but they were all pretty much the same depressing theme...Change that shit up! ;D

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #646 on: October 11, 2011, 05:56:10 PM »
Harry and Zorba... clap clap
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #647 on: October 11, 2011, 05:58:36 PM »
Telly was good, but Telly is Telly, what you see it what you get. Kind of like Harrison Ford.

Simes, don't tell me you like Charles Gray's Blofeld.
Gray and Pleasance seemed both not very capable or obviously bright.

Savalas was good.  Did seem capable and brutal.

The best renditions were in Russia and TBall.  (for me)

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #648 on: October 11, 2011, 06:48:26 PM »
Tried replying to this on my phone after Simes posted the initial image, but it just wouldn't work!

Anyway, I've seen loads of fan art cropping up, especially when people thought the film was going to be called "Property of a Lady".
The poster art Simes put up is actually quite good, though slightly grammatically incorrect.
However, I can't see it or even something very similar, being used because it reminds me too much of the Swatch Watch catalogue; surely EON would never use secondary imagery when attempting to re-invigorate the franchise after the disappointment that was Quantum of Solace.
Best wishes,
Adam

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #649 on: October 11, 2011, 07:11:27 PM »
This 59"x78" "special poster" popped up for sale somewhere.  Is this super-rare?