Author Topic: James Bond  (Read 628307 times)

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
Re: James Bond
« Reply #325 on: March 03, 2011, 08:51:36 AM »
Ogami - rolled TSWLM ... Diggin' that!

Same here!

I usually dont mind fold lines but, due to the colors and the gloss, that is one poster that benefits greatly from the roll.

Very nice Ogami. Very.

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #326 on: March 03, 2011, 08:55:34 AM »
puke2

I don't mean to sound harsh (and I'm an advocate that everyone is free to sell for whatever price), but you've just shot yourself in the foot with that comment.
Some sellers set prices at certain levels; sellers who aren't in a rush to sell, but do sell in time for what they state. If you couldn't give it away, then that says a lot with regards to the price you put on it and those you were targeting.

What.

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #327 on: March 03, 2011, 08:56:14 AM »
and does anyone have an image of the man with the golden gun advance quad. someone must have it.

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #328 on: March 03, 2011, 08:59:42 AM »
and does anyone have an image of the man with the golden gun advance quad. someone must have it.

Now this, I must see!

What.

You said you couldn't give the poster away, so that tells me there was something wrong with either the price you were asking or the target market you were aiming it at.

Best,
Adam
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #329 on: March 03, 2011, 09:02:40 AM »
Now this, I must see!

You said you couldn't give the poster away, so that tells me there was something wrong with either the price you were asking or the target market you were aiming it at.

Best,
Adam

i should have saved the image when i see it on ebay a couple of years ago, its either that or i was dreaming.

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #330 on: March 03, 2011, 09:04:07 AM »
What did it look like, mate??
You've got me SOOOO intrigued now lol!

Best,
Adam
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #331 on: March 03, 2011, 09:10:58 AM »
What did it look like, mate??
You've got me SOOOO intrigued now lol!

Best,
Adam

from what i recall its the same as the us advace, but with just the gun in pieces on an all black background..

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #332 on: March 03, 2011, 09:12:49 AM »
from what i recall its the same as the us advace, but with just the gun in pieces on an all black background..

wow1

I don't know anything of this!

Best,
Adam
Best wishes,
Adam

Ogami_Itto

« Reply #333 on: March 03, 2011, 10:53:20 AM »
Two rolled, pristine classics for sure...terrific start, Evan!  Very cool.

Same here!

I usually dont mind fold lines but, due to the colors and the gloss, that is one poster that benefits greatly from the roll.

Very nice Ogami. Very.

thanks wonka, bondposters, and zobra. i know that this is just the beginning of me buying a lot more. bond posters are like a disease (a really cool, well designed one) and i have been infected.

as for fold lines my goal is to have all the roger moore posters rolled. anybody wanna sell me a live and let die quad rolled? ;D

i am very interested in seeing this mystery quad for MWGG somebody get  some pics.

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #334 on: March 03, 2011, 11:03:16 AM »
thanks wonka, bondposters, and zobra. i know that this is just the beginning of me buying a lot more. bond posters are like a disease (a really cool, well designed one) and i have been infected.

as for fold lines my goal is to have all the roger moore posters rolled. anybody wanna sell me a live and let die quad rolled? ;D

i am very interested in seeing this mystery quad for MWGG somebody get  some pics.

It's a truly great infection to have!  happy1

I think you'll find getting all the Moore posters rolled will be exceptionally hard, if not impossible to do, however, acquiring all the US One Sheets rolled would be easier IMO.

I posted the TMWTGG Advance Quad intrigue on two Bond forums - we'll wait and see!

Best,
Adam
Best wishes,
Adam

Ogami_Itto

« Reply #335 on: March 03, 2011, 11:07:43 AM »
It's a truly great infection to have!  happy1

I think you'll find getting all the Moore posters rolled will be exceptionally hard, if not impossible to do, however, acquiring all the US One Sheets rolled would be easier IMO.

I posted the TMWTGG Advance Quad intrigue on two Bond forums - we'll wait and see!

Best,
Adam

my bad i should have said the one sheets as that is my main goal plus a couple of quads for good measure.

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #336 on: March 03, 2011, 11:20:10 AM »
I'm pretty sure we (this forum) will be able to help you out on your quest as best as possible!

Best,
Adam
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #337 on: March 03, 2011, 11:24:07 AM »
Folks, this is again the quad from the Marler Hayley presentation.  It was sold on ebay some time back incorrectly labled as an advance.

There was no advance or teaser quad for Golden Gun.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 11:46:36 AM by Simes »

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #338 on: March 03, 2011, 11:44:52 AM »
Cheers, Simes!
Like I said, I never knew of such a quad to exist, so thanks for the correcting of this misguided quest!

Best,
Adam
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #339 on: March 03, 2011, 12:18:36 PM »
Folks, this is again the quad from the Marler Hayley presentation.  It was sold on ebay some time back incorrectly labled as an advance.

There was no advance or teaser quad for Golden Gun.

noooowwww i see...... thanks for the thumbs up...

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #340 on: March 04, 2011, 06:13:43 PM »
Friday, 4th March:

I uploaded the 500th unique image onto the website! :)

Here is image #500:

Octopussy Japanese B2 Yamakatsu Style

I have added more images since, which I will add here later tonight.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #341 on: March 04, 2011, 06:18:08 PM »
Thanks Adam.  Do you happen to have a Seiko Moonraker quad?  I've heard these exist, but have yet to see one...

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #342 on: March 04, 2011, 06:26:45 PM »
No problem!

Actually, funny you should mention the MR Seiko Quad ...
... I do in fact have one, but I didn't photograph it today as I decided to upload images rather than photograph more just to decrease the backlog.

If no-one posts an image of one before next Friday, I'll upload the pic next week!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 08:19:46 PM by bondposters.com »
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #343 on: March 04, 2011, 08:42:29 PM »
OK guys, as promised, here are a few of the posters I have uploaded today:

Octopussy German A1 Advance

Octopussy Japanese B2 Teaser (White Version)

Octopussy Japanese B3

Octopussy US HBO Cinemax TV Tie-in 22x28"

Octopussy UK Teaser 16.75x29"

Octopussy Thai One Sheet

A View To A Kill UK One Sheet Recalled

A View To A Kill UK Philips Advertising Tie-in 20x30"

A View To A Kill UK Jammie Dodgers/Matchbox Advertising Tie-in 15x20"

A View To A Kill UK Domark Advertising Tie-in Style A

A View To A Kill UK Domark Advertising Tie-in Style B

A View To A Kill Japanese B2 Recalled

A View To A Kill Thai One Sheet

Licence To Kill UK Philips Advertising Tie-in 23.25x33"

Licence To Kill UK Video KFC Advertising Tie-in 18x27"

Sorry if I have posted too many images in one go.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #344 on: March 04, 2011, 08:57:49 PM »
Sorry if I have posted too many images in one go.

What? An apology?
Are you nuts, man?
The more the merrier. 
There's some really cool paper there...
 pcorn

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #345 on: March 04, 2011, 09:05:11 PM »
Cheers, Brude.
I really appreciate the kind words.

I have major deadlines for University this month, so I doubt I will get any others uploaded until after March 24th.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline Ed_209uk

• Hobbyist
    • Film on Paper
« Reply #346 on: March 05, 2011, 03:44:02 PM »
Some great ones there Adam.

Do you know what the story is with the Yamakatsu Octopussy B2? I have one, but I'd like to know more details about it. Any ideas why it seems to have sold for a more than the regular B2 (which I prefer) in the past?
My collection website: Film on Paper
Twitter: @filmonpaper

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #347 on: March 05, 2011, 03:57:14 PM »
What a great selection of new Bond images Adam. Thanks for snapping the pix and uploading them to APF!! The collection of rarities -- brilliant.

And selectively buying and picking just the right pieces-- is certainly the way to do it,    clap    rather than amassing sheer quantity, for sheer quantity's sake.   

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #348 on: March 05, 2011, 04:33:45 PM »
What a great selection of new Bond images Adam. Thanks for snapping the pix and uploading them to APF!! The collection of rarities -- brilliant.

And selectively buying and picking just the right pieces-- is certainly the way to do it,    clap    rather than amassing sheer quantity, for sheer quantity's sake.   

Jeff

Cheers, Jeff!  thumbup
Some of the posters are considered rarities, some aren't, and some are just posters that have not been photographed and uploaded to the internet. It takes time, but definitely worth it and not just for my benefit, but for the benefit of others in the hobby too (I believe).

Some great ones there Adam.

Do you know what the story is with the Yamakatsu Octopussy B2? I have one, but I'd like to know more details about it. Any ideas why it seems to have sold for a more than the regular B2 (which I prefer) in the past?

Thanks Ed!  cheers
I think it is because it is more rare.
I also think that the photo-border going on may appeal more to the Eastern market ...
... I actually like this poster over the usual Japanese posters for Octopussy because it combines both the modern use of photographs with traditional art, instead of one or the other.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #349 on: March 05, 2011, 06:19:31 PM »
Cheers, Jeff!  thumbup
Some of the posters are considered rarities, some aren't, and some are just posters that have not been photographed and uploaded to the internet. It takes time, but definitely worth it and not just for my benefit, but for the benefit of others in the hobby too (I believe).

These images will certainly benefit other BOND collectors, now and in the future, especially those never seen before (rare or not). Just remember Adam-- don't hang any of your posters in the bathroom--  nono  --- as we know what that will lead to....    laugh1

Jeff

-Jeff