Author Topic: James Bond  (Read 628567 times)

agentprovocateur

Re: James Bond
« Reply #225 on: February 04, 2011, 12:23:14 PM »
Pretty damn good! Will wait patiently for the show to really get going...pcorn < I love that little guy eating popcorn :)

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #226 on: February 04, 2011, 04:56:28 PM »
Hi guys,

I finally have the set up sorted to be able to take decent images of posters up to the size of a US Subway, so with my promise of starting to photograph my posters and to upload more images to Bondposters.com AND this forum, here is the Goldfinger US Subway.

The image you see is 500px in width (which is what I use for the website).

Hope this is OK with you all.
Cheers,
Adam

Sounds like you are putting some effort into doing photos just right.

Here is a tip: your poster image is not so rectangular as all 4 edges are bowing quite a bit. Easy fix, you need to move further away from the poster. The closer you are, the more wide angle the lens has to be and thus the more fisheye effect there will be. Just move further back a bit further and compensate with a little more camera zoom... You might have to stand on a chair. Good luck with it.

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #227 on: February 04, 2011, 06:25:33 PM »
Goldfinger quad Style B, used primarily in Ireland.  Who's got it?

funny i was offered one of these yesterday, the guy found it under his carpet,, it was used as underlay along with old newspaper?

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #228 on: February 04, 2011, 08:12:58 PM »
Did anyone else find it ironic that the first picture Adam posted was on the day after Groundhog day?   :D

Seriously though, that Goldfinger subway is an awesome Bond poster.  One of the nicest I've seen.  Good to have you on board, Adam.  sm1

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #229 on: February 04, 2011, 11:44:06 PM »
funny i was offered one of these yesterday, the guy found it under his carpet,, it was used as underlay along with old newspaper?

I'll take it if you don't want it  ;D

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #230 on: February 05, 2011, 04:45:30 PM »
GREAT image, Adam... thanks for posting!!

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #231 on: February 05, 2011, 07:44:35 PM »
Hi guys,

I know these strictly aren't movie posters, but here are a few exhibition posters from two different exhibitions that took place in Germany in 1998.

GERMAN A2 'Top Secret' Autohaus Hermann Exhibition, 1998.

GERMAN A1 'The World of James Bond' Roemer und Pelizaeus Museum Exhibition, 1998.

GERMAN A1 'The World of James Bond' Roemer und Pelizaeus Museum Exhibition (white), 1998.
Some of you from the UK may recognise this image from The Sunday Times Magazine cover a couple of years back.
I'm pretty sure this poster is from the same exhibition as the one above and the two below.

GERMAN A1 'The World of James Bond' Roemer und Pelizaeus Museum Exhibition (red), 1998.

GERMAN A1 'The World of James Bond' Roemer und Pelizaeus Museum Exhibition (yellow), 1998.

Steve (50s) - thanks for the advice RE photography. Duly noted and implemented!
I photographed the Goldfinger Subway pretty quick just to make sure my set-up was actually going to work - the middle parts of the poster weren't held to the board via magnets (just the corners), so it wasn't flush with the wall ... I'll take another photo when I get to the folded gear.

Sorry for not posting more pics, but it takes ages taking them and then sorting them out for the website.

Thanks for the comments,
Adam
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #232 on: February 05, 2011, 07:48:37 PM »
Very cool and different(for me anyway)posters Adam!!!

Keep on posting  :)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #233 on: February 05, 2011, 08:04:12 PM »

That is one hellacious poster!
Where can I get one, Adam?

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #234 on: February 05, 2011, 08:18:23 PM »
Cheers, Zorba - I will, but it will be next Friday/Saturday before I photograph and upload more.

Brude - I don't know where to get one. It was in one of the collections offered to me: I knew something like it existed in some form because of the The Sunday Times cover (which I recall was edited a little due to the naked women on it) and I had searched high and low for one, but couldn't find any ... So I was fairly impressed when this particular one turned up. It is very nice in person - one of the best illustrated posters of Bond, even though it isn't an actual movie poster.

Thanks,
Adam
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #235 on: February 05, 2011, 08:38:35 PM »
That one Brude mentioned is a stunner.  The photographs look very good Adam.  Good job.  thumbup

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #236 on: February 06, 2011, 02:02:07 PM »
Hey guys,

I need a little help.
I'm not entirely sure of the exact dates for some of the Double Bill posters, so would you be able to have a look to see what is right, and what is wrong?? A specific plea extends to Simes and the other Bond collectors ;D

Bondposters.com Double Bill Posters

Thank you,
Adam
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #237 on: February 06, 2011, 02:06:49 PM »
I cant help out Adam,but i`m delighted you are updating your website....great posters,hopefully you`ll be getting alot of traffic to bp.com..
It is shaping up to be the 1st stop for any Bond reference..

Best
Stew

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #238 on: February 06, 2011, 02:39:22 PM »
Thanks, Stew.
That means a lot.

As long as the site provides a decent reference point for collectors, that's sound for me :)

Best,
Adam
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline Posteroid

• Collector
« Reply #239 on: February 06, 2011, 05:01:15 PM »
Two Japanese Bond posters I don't think have been posted here yet:

FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE (tatekan)

ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE (B2)

Armin

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #240 on: February 06, 2011, 07:12:34 PM »
Anyone seen the Moore poster where hes posed like Connery (think TB or YOLT pose)....its weird cuz Moore was never posed like that in the art work besides that poster.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #241 on: February 07, 2011, 11:17:50 AM »
Thanks again for posting the Goldfinger Subway Adam.  Do you have any more rare quads?  I know there is a From Russia with Love teaser poster... Christies has sold it twice but both were in pretty poor shape.

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #242 on: February 07, 2011, 11:45:18 AM »
I like both of those Armin. ALOT. They are sweet!

Offline originalcinemaposters

• Collector
« Reply #243 on: February 07, 2011, 04:41:30 PM »
I would like to echo Stewart's sentiments and say its great to see your pictures !

Nice work Adam

Paul

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #244 on: February 07, 2011, 06:22:36 PM »
Hey guys,

I need a little help.
I'm not entirely sure of the exact dates for some of the Double Bill posters, so would you be able to have a look to see what is right, and what is wrong?? A specific plea extends to Simes and the other Bond collectors ;D

Bondposters.com Double Bill Posters

Thank you,
Adam
I would love to help but to be frank, I don't have dates for any of the posters.

There were a couple of 007/Clint double bill features I have never seen before.

Very impressive.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #245 on: February 07, 2011, 06:43:39 PM »
Also didn't know there were fully three versions of the Style B Moonraker 1 sheet Advance...!

Also, on your site, a Moonraker six sheet is titled Live and Let Die.  Ditto the Spy and Golden Gun sections.

Also, are the Diamonds DC posters from the Marler Hayley set?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 06:54:18 PM by Simes »

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #246 on: February 07, 2011, 07:27:31 PM »
Harry - I think all the FRWL advances that have been sold at auction have been in bad shape.
I don't have one, unfortunately! However, I know a guy who does own one!
I was pretty amazed when he said he had it!
Other rare quads ... I do have a Moonraker 'Seiko' quad. And the YOLT advance quad ... but I haven't got to those yet!
I reckon another 2-3 weeks though and I'll get to the them (only photographing the posters on a Friday).

Paul - much appreciated! Thank you!

Simes - I can't believe that LALD mistake! I have corrected them!
It's quite difficult getting the dates for the posters, so no worries - I thought I'd better ask you!
Which two Clint double bills haven't you seen before??
I'm not entirely sure about the DAF DCs ... I'm not up to DAF yet, but if you are able to find any info on them that would be great!

Thanks everyone (again),
Adam
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #247 on: February 07, 2011, 08:07:50 PM »
Other rare quads ... I do have a Moonraker 'Seiko' quad. And the YOLT advance quad ... but I haven't got to those yet!
I reckon another 2-3 weeks though and I'll get to the them (only photographing the posters on a Friday).

Interesting... does the YOLT advance look like the US Subway?  I haven't come across that one yet...

Also, I have TSWLM Seiko quad, but I've never seen the Moonraker version... I look forward to it.

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #248 on: February 07, 2011, 08:15:10 PM »
Hey Harry,

No, it doesn't. It looks quite different.
I might dig that one out on Friday as you haven't seen it before and get that photograph done and dusted.

That's a nice example of the TSWLM Seiko quad. Nice one!

You have the Thunderball VOIT programme, don't you??

Adam
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 08:32:34 PM by bondposters.com »
Best wishes,
Adam

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #249 on: February 07, 2011, 10:15:51 PM »
Thanks again for posting the Goldfinger Subway Adam.  Do you have any more rare quads?  I know there is a From Russia with Love teaser poster... Christies has sold it twice but both were in pretty poor shape.

This is Christie's picture cleaned up:

Larger picture here (this forum is shrinking these pictures...)