Author Topic: James Bond  (Read 629809 times)

dhart3

Re: James Bond
« Reply #175 on: January 25, 2011, 08:46:17 PM »
Had you heard of the TWINE US 1 sheet variant?  Not sure I have come across too many others who are aware of this either.  Not sure if there is any info out there??

Actually, no I haven't, plus a few of the other variants you mention.  But I've added them to my ever growing list of posters to look out for.

I must also say, looking at the rest of your site, you do have an incredible collection.  Superb.

Thanks for the compliment.

Mel, that NSNA poster is very nice.  It deserves to be shown daily.

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #176 on: January 26, 2011, 04:37:39 AM »

... Stew will understand.

Best wishes,

Terry - www.quadbod.co.uk

Stop giving away all our health food secrets!!..

Stew

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #177 on: January 26, 2011, 07:13:07 AM »
Here we go.

The two FRWL / DAF quads differ slightly in that in between the two poster images, one has printing, and the other does not due to some printing anomaly.  The word AND in the top box, the UA TransAmerica logo in the bottom one.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #178 on: January 26, 2011, 07:17:46 AM »
Also;

A UK Marler Hayley set for Octopussy.  Maybe not so well known outside of the UK, these were sets of posters made up of the actual quad, another quad sized poster and four other DC posters.  They had their own display stand - two quads in the middle, top and bottom, the four DCs on the outside.  They were used in just the Odeon chain.

The two DAD Int 1 sheets; campaign C and D.  They are virtually identical.

Re-release posters for Dr No and FRWL in the 60s.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #179 on: January 26, 2011, 01:03:59 PM »
Those posters are fantastic Simon!  I've never seen half of them.

It looks like your collection pre-dates computers.  Are those pictures of pictures in an album?  Old school... I love it!

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #180 on: January 26, 2011, 03:49:48 PM »
Lol - yes, all pictures in an album.  Figured easier than pulling them all out for individual photographing with a digital camera.

The collection started pre internet, but I prefer printed pics for ease of access, and also for when others want to peruse.

Hope this form of representation suffices for the moment.

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #181 on: January 26, 2011, 05:29:27 PM »

1965 TB 2sh (alternate drawn face and jet pack flames more red-ish than re-issue)......

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #182 on: January 26, 2011, 05:33:23 PM »
Great art.

A concept consigned to history.

agentprovocateur

« Reply #183 on: January 27, 2011, 04:34:57 AM »
Simes, amazing collection!

Hopefully this isn't lowering the tone too much :-\ Here's a few (newer) Bond posters I've acquired...

agentprovocateur

« Reply #184 on: January 27, 2011, 04:38:55 AM »

And a weird Quantum, copyright theft, quad thrown in for good measure...

agentprovocateur

« Reply #185 on: January 27, 2011, 04:54:24 AM »
Really like this double sided version with the uber shiny finish ('fraid it's not the 'Coming soon' version!).

Although the newer artwork for Bond posters pales into insignificance when compared to the older classics I still think this is an iconic design.

And last but not least (although I nearly forgot it) is this atmospheric quad...

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #186 on: January 27, 2011, 06:10:48 AM »
Hi - not sure if you are a completist or not, (the QoS FACT poster would seem to suggest so.) but the CR quad is also available as a November 17 version instead of Coming Soon.  This is replicated in the CR teaser 1 sheets.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 08:40:30 AM by Simes »

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #187 on: January 27, 2011, 07:27:52 AM »
I dig the Bond girl posters and the one with him near table  8)

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #188 on: January 27, 2011, 10:00:12 AM »
Nice posters AP!

As a side, I just started collecting bond quads and I still need most of the Craigs.  If anyone has a line on reasonably priced quads, please let me know.  Most dealer are asking 50 pounds or more, which seems silly for such new, hugely-hyped films... It is not like they are rare!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #189 on: January 27, 2011, 10:15:47 AM »
Hey, I'll put a plug in for Adam/Bondposters.com.

The Vesper/Solange character posters shown above are very rare but he's selling them for 99 pounds for the set of three DS OS sheets.

See how nice I am to Adam?  Guess I'm not (almost) as bad as they say I am....

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #190 on: January 27, 2011, 10:36:58 AM »
For Bond, I am more into the older stuff...

But I will say, the Vesper/Solange set is just fantastic and yes, very hard to find.
I am fortunate to own a set, it was not easy to get, to say the least.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #191 on: January 27, 2011, 09:57:16 PM »
Hey, I'll put a plug in for Adam/Bondposters.com.

The Vesper/Solange character posters shown above are very rare but he's selling them for 99 pounds for the set of three DS OS sheets.

See how nice I am to Adam?  Guess I'm not (almost) as bad as they say I am....

That's an awesome price for anyone who does not have that set.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #192 on: January 28, 2011, 08:04:31 AM »
And if anyone is looking for a copy of the foil effect 007 TND poster, one has just popped up on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOMORROW-NEVER-DIES-WITHDRAWN-1sh-FAB-ART-BOND-007-/150554831855?pt=UK_DVD_Film_TV_Film_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item230dc46bef

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #193 on: January 28, 2011, 08:18:41 AM »
And if anyone is looking for a copy of the foil effect 007 TND poster, one has just popped up on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOMORROW-NEVER-DIES-WITHDRAWN-1sh-FAB-ART-BOND-007-/150554831855?pt=UK_DVD_Film_TV_Film_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item230dc46bef

I picked up mine for much less - $15 or so - a few months ago.  Is it really rare?  The foil is cool.

There are several on US Ebay for $25 or so, like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOMORROW-NEVER-DIES-97-1Sht-Poster-TEASER-JAMES-BOND-/370307792315

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #194 on: January 28, 2011, 08:22:12 AM »
$15 for the mylar version and foil 007!!  However you managed that, that was a superb result.

I would have said £80 might have been fairly well priced.

I look for odds and ends almost daily, these things never come up and as above, I know (knew) no one else with one - and this film came out in '97.

dhart3

« Reply #195 on: January 28, 2011, 10:22:43 AM »
There are several on US Ebay for $25 or so, like this:

Sorry but that is not the original foil version.  That one is the revised version.  You can tell because the 007 has flat grey tone to it.  If you compare it to mine, you can notice the difference. 

dhart3

« Reply #196 on: January 28, 2011, 10:36:56 AM »
Just to clarify the story on the foil.  They originally used a foil type material so that it would have a metallic shimmer to it.  But it was prone to catching fire in light boxes.  So they recalled them and put out the common version with a flat grey paint instead of the foil.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #197 on: January 28, 2011, 02:23:41 PM »
I definitely have the shiny foil version and got it cheap, so I wouldn't pay 80 pounds for sure.

dhart3

« Reply #198 on: January 28, 2011, 05:00:19 PM »
so I wouldn't pay 80 pounds for sure.

I don't blame you.  I wouldn't either.  It helped getting it when the movie was released.

dhart3

« Reply #199 on: January 28, 2011, 06:46:20 PM »
Well this peaked my interest a bit about the foil versions for sale.  I checked ebay and currently there isn't one real foil version listed.  There's one that claims to be the foil version but it isn't.  So Mel, if you find another real one for sale cheap, I'd be interested in checking it out.