Author Topic: James Bond  (Read 629219 times)

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
Re: James Bond
« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2010, 11:16:30 PM »
OHMSS #A Italy 2sh (Laz with red ski helmet....never seen it in 10 yrs on market)
DN Italy 4sh (yellow lettering , some dealer wants 3k euros for it.....had I gotten a somewhat good price Id prolly buy it)

Is the yellow lettering version of the Dr. No that much more rare?  Are they just different printings or is the yellow version something special (premier poster, etc...)?

« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 11:31:12 PM by Harry Caul »

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2010, 11:36:46 PM »
And is this the "red helmet" OHMSS you were talking about?  Looks like a couple sold at Christies some years back...

I have the French vertical 2-panel (same exact image minus the helmet) that I got for a song a while ago, but that one seems to be pretty common.

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2010, 04:37:27 AM »
The one w/o helmet isnt that rare , its the helmet style.

Both those DN posters are extremely rare , yellow lettering is the 1st issue.

I own the 2nd issue , it did not come cheap (but I really wanted it......60s Bonds religion to me , lol)

I also collect DAF/LALD/TSWLM/MR/FYEO/AVTAK somewhat.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2010, 07:11:25 AM »
The Dr. No Italian two panel is sweet:

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2010, 11:22:29 PM »
Just landed this fantastic rolled Man With The Golden Gun advance poster from Heritage tonight. (Strangely, it's much better quality than the copy being sold at the "signature" auction this week).

Of course now this will be all I can afford to eat for the rest of the year:

One must make sacrifices for the cause....

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2010, 02:28:03 PM »
Here is one for Bond fans: Original Walther Pistol used for the FRWL poster campaign

Christie's auction estimate is $24-$33K... and it turns out it was an AIR PISTOL!

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2010, 06:37:34 AM »
Just looking through my collection and noticed this Italian 4F:

It is not actually advertising a Bond movie, but is a 1964 re-release poster for "No Road Back" 1957 with an originally lowly billed Sean Connery, now capitalising on Sean Connery's new found Bond fame for this re-release.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2010, 10:02:44 AM »
Wow, Steve...that is a great image.
It might be sacrilege to say this, but I prefer it to most of the Bond art that I have seen.
Very dramatic...very cool...now on my want list!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #108 on: November 14, 2010, 03:04:45 AM »
This information and $1.75 will buy you a cup of coffee this morning:

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #109 on: November 14, 2010, 10:23:26 AM »
OK, here's some news.  I finally got the Style B one sheet for On Her Majesty's Secret Service (a mint 1980 re-release) and I now consider my James Bond collection "sufficiently complete."  

The UK/US stuff I don't have, I either can't afford (ex. FRWL quad), are minor variations of the stuff I do have (ex. Moonraker outer space babes) and/or don't really want or like (ex. YOLT Style B, AVTOAK white tuxedo, etc., most of the post-Moore Bond posters, etc.).  I'm not going to replace the re-releases with originals or the one sheets with quads. So it's all optional from this point forward.  If something pops up going cheap, I might grab it but I won't lose any sleep if I don't.

Of course, some of the non-UK/US posters are also exceptional, especially the Japanese, but I'm just not going to shell out for them.

What do you think? Should I be more ambitious or should I call it a day?

New OHMSS Style B (mine is folded)

Posters I do have:

Major stuff I don't have (omitting a few minor variations and the UK quads with the same artwork as US):

Online paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #110 on: November 14, 2010, 10:29:56 AM »
Never say never again, just keep going Mel, you may end up with the best Bond collection on the board. ;)
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
    • CineMasterpieces Movie Posters
« Reply #111 on: November 14, 2010, 10:47:39 AM »

do you have a set of these?

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2010, 11:17:02 AM »
do you have a set of these?

Well, of course, I'd like to have those.  But for $42,000 (your price) I could buy a boat - and since boats are "girl magnets," I'd get the gals too!

BTW two of these auctioned for $3,800 yesterday, so even the auction price is way beyond my interest/finances!

« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 11:35:45 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #113 on: November 14, 2010, 11:22:35 AM »
Never say never again, just keep going Mel, you may end up with the best Bond collection on the board. ;)

Dan no doubt has the best collection on this board.  Adz may or may not have anything (see, am I not being diplomatic?).  Harry has some great Connery originals but only collects Connerys.  Thierry has some good stuff but doesn't focus on it.   Who else has a sizable Bond collection on this board?  They should show their stuff!

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #114 on: November 14, 2010, 06:59:01 PM »
Harry has some great Connery originals but only collects Connerys.

I don't only collect Connerys... those are just my favorites.  And I don't actually have all that many bonds.  My two nicest are a NM Goldfinger 1-sheet (matte version) and an original Spanish Dr. No 1-sheet (that will need to be put on linen).  I sold my original release Thunderball 1-sheet.  Other than those I have quads for Diamonds are Forever and A View to a Kill, a Spy Who Loved Me 1-sheet, and I think a From Russia With Love 1-sheet 80s re-release. 

I like to think that my Bond paper is respectable, but nothing too earth shattering for true 007 collectors...

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2010, 07:55:15 PM »
I don't only collect Connerys... those are just my favorites.  And I don't actually have all that many bonds.  My two nicest are a NM Goldfinger 1-sheet (matte version) and an original Spanish Dr. No 1-sheet (that will need to be put on linen).  I sold my original release Thunderball 1-sheet.  Other than those I have quads for Diamonds are Forever and A View to a Kill, a Spy Who Loved Me 1-sheet, and I think a From Russia With Love 1-sheet 80s re-release. 

I like to think that my Bond paper is respectable, but nothing too earth shattering for true 007 collectors...

How much do you pay to LB your posters? I might LB a couple of mine

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2010, 09:49:54 PM »
Probably the oldest rolled poster I have.  Do I have to turn in my Brady Gun Control Campaign membership just because I like this poster?

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2010, 10:28:19 PM »
Probably the oldest rolled poster I have.  Do I have to turn in my Brady Gun Control Campaign membership just because I like this poster?

Tis very pretty Mel, congrats.

Although, I just realized a mistake... 

THE MAGAZINE HAND GRIP: A SOLID GOLD CIGARETTE CASE

Um, hello... there is no magazine in his gun.  It only holds ONE friggin' bullet!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2010, 07:31:06 AM »
All three MWTGG together - an uncommon sight I imagine....

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2010, 12:01:01 PM »
Who else has a sizable Bond collection on this board?  They should show their stuff!
I am one such 007 collector, although to mention lists without providing photographic proof may only serve to get me into hot water.

Suffice to say I have

120 main release quads and 1 sheets.  (Don't have UK quads from the first four films)
22 double feature and festival quads
All but eight of the 443 Lobby cards for the series.
All the FOH UK cards
All (but the LALD) US still sets
All the UK Campaign books
All (but one double feature) US Pressbooks
All but two premiere brochures (Gf and Th)
...and God knows what else along the marketing material line like presskits etc.

Just looking for the odds and ends now.

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2010, 12:27:44 PM »
I am one such 007 collector, although to mention lists without providing photographic proof may only serve to get me into hot water.

Suffice to say I have

120 main release quads and 1 sheets.  (Don't have UK quads from the first four films)
All the FOH UK cards
...and God knows what else along the marketing material line like presskits etc.

Wow, Simes! How long has it taken you to acquire such a massive collection of JB material?

Cj

Online paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2010, 12:30:02 PM »
Over 140 Bond posters, that's impressive. I collect Bond as a side line, but have no where near that amount. Though I do have a couple of early one's to make up for it. ;)
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #122 on: November 20, 2010, 12:47:01 PM »
That's a whole lotta oh-oh-seven stuff there, Simes.   thumbup
I'm not a Bond collector but I would love to see some of your rarer pieces whenever you get to taking pics.
Do you collect from other films as well?

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2010, 12:54:28 PM »
Note to self.
1.Convince Brude Brits dont do home security.
2.Distract Simes with something shiny.
3. Ensure Brudes escape raft has at least one paddle.

Stew

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2010, 08:00:48 PM »

Suffice to say I have

120 main release quads and 1 sheets.  (Don't have UK quads from the first four films)
All the FOH UK cards

Yowza - you are the James Bond kingpin!  How about some pics?  I'd especially like to see some of the double features - didn't know there were so many.