Author Topic: Something to get the blood pumping  (Read 11627 times)

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
Something to get the blood pumping
« on: March 31, 2012, 03:38:14 PM »
$0.99 cent auction start for almost $600 worth of paper.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180854523487

David

Offline enki

• Collector
Re: Something to get the blood pumping
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 05:30:33 PM »
I was about to bid $1 to get the ball rolling, but the $45 shipping fee stopped me cold.

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 05:33:04 PM »
Well you could try living closer
David

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 05:40:03 PM »

I prefer having the rotation of my toilet water flush in the correct direction, thank you very much.

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 05:44:47 PM »
I love those "worth almost $600" sale tactics...you could have tried "up to $600`s worth of posters,now "REDUCED" bid early to avoid disappointment...

Best as

Stew

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 05:51:12 PM »
I love those "worth almost $600" sale tactics...you could have tried "up to $600`s worth of posters,now "REDUCED" bid early to avoid disappointment...

Lots of ways to skin a cat (not mine of course) - but it is not "up to" $600 worth, it is "almost" $600 worth. I could have said over $500 worth of posters...what I did say is bidding starts at 99cents.  ;)
David

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 05:53:11 PM »
Lots of ways to skin a cat (not mine of course) - but it is not "up to" $600 worth, it is "almost" $600 worth. I could have said over $500 worth of posters...what I did say is bidding starts at 99cents.  ;)
;D  Yep,you`re right...

Stew
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 05:56:25 PM by stewart boyle »

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 06:00:43 PM »
I prefer having the rotation of my toilet water flush in the correct direction, thank you very much.

Fair enough. However as you live in Florida the cost to send that many posters well packed and by registered mail would be $43.25  - so I'll refund you the $1.75 if you win if you want.  :) The fact is, posting long distance internationally costs a lot of money - but then this is almost/up to/nearly/just about $600 worth of posters (just for Stew :D )  , so it's relative and in the grand scheme of things $1.75 extra is not a bad overpay.

I'd say each package I get from Bruce or Heritage costs me on average $50 in freight on occasion I've paid $200+ so you guys are doing well at $11...one day he will charge you cost and then no matter which way your toilet flushes you will be spewing into it.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 06:04:42 PM by Silhouette »
David

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 08:20:03 PM »
Fair enough. However as you live in Florida the cost to send that many posters well packed and by registered mail would be $43.25  - so I'll refund you the $1.75 if you win if you want.  :) The fact is, posting long distance internationally costs a lot of money - but then this is almost/up to/nearly/just about $600 worth of posters (just for Stew :D )  , so it's relative and in the grand scheme of things $1.75 extra is not a bad overpay.

I'd say each package I get from Bruce or Heritage costs me on average $50 in freight on occasion I've paid $200+ so you guys are doing well at $11...one day he will charge you cost and then no matter which way your toilet flushes you will be spewing into it.  ;D

True - I never thought your shipping charges were inflated compared to cost - just very expensive.

And yes, Bruce's $11 flat rate shipping is amazing. I imagine it costs him that much in time/labor/materials just to pack up the posters. It will be sad day if that ever ends  :'(

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 08:31:34 PM »
True - I never thought your shipping charges were inflated compared to cost - just very expensive.

And yes, Bruce's $11 flat rate shipping is amazing. I imagine it costs him that much in time/labor/materials just to pack up the posters. It will be sad day if that ever ends  :'(

If it ends, he'll lose one of his major competitive advantages.
Chris

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 08:33:46 PM »
I imagine the person whose blood will be pumping MOST is you Mr Silhouette ;) Good luck.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 08:41:57 PM »
I imagine the person whose blood will be pumping MOST is you Mr Silhouette ;) Good luck.

Nahh, high or low life will go on, either way someone will get a good deal because bidding has started and as it is a 3 days sale it's going to be quick and perhaps painless.

May have to get Bruce to write one of his special nearly ending auction spruiks for me

"I JUST LOOKED OVER THE 506 "REGULAR SUNDAY ITEMS" CLOSING IN A FEW HOURS..."  ;D
David

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 09:32:39 PM »

And don't forget he's got something like 9 more of each poster ;)
Chris

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 10:54:45 PM »

Don't be a-scared. The water's fine!

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2012, 10:56:44 PM »
Don't be a-scared. The water's fine!

puke

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 11:47:38 PM »
Oh, yuck, I am eating lunch... Granted it is a vegemite sandwich which doesn't look much better, now I go and  puke2

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2012, 12:03:34 AM »
And don't forget he's got something like 9 more of each poster ;)

Ahhh but I will not be ever doing a 99cent auction again for bulk again...just this one time, was curious to see what happened, and if it goes cheap all power to the winner. The current bidder is sending me razzy emails...just to remind me he is winning.  ;D
David

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 12:05:50 AM »
should have done 98c to beat Rich and Bruce as cheapest.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 12:19:01 AM »
should have done 98c to beat Rich and Bruce as cheapest.

Always thinking Ari...maybe I can offer a 1 cent credit on the final price?
David

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2012, 12:23:02 AM »
you need to write some books to send free also.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2012, 12:59:16 AM »
Wow...wasn't expecting that...

Less than 3 days to go and the bidding is now frantic.
David

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2012, 01:01:40 AM »
Hellzapopin'
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, 06:25:12 PM »
Not so sure the winner will be from Aussie as the auction closes 5am Local time. I somehow doubt there will be an Aussie awake at that time to close out any overseas bids. bed1
David

Charlie

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, 06:51:56 PM »

You know its funny that you say this. Went I went to Brisbane, I was so fascinated by this that as soon as I found a loo I had to check it out.  Much to my surprise the flush comes from the front and down through the bottom.  There was no circulation at all.  So disappointed....  But water definitely drains the other way....  ;)

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2012, 07:10:28 PM »
You know its funny that you say this. Went I went to Brisbane, I was so fascinated by this that as soon as I found a loo I had to check it out.  Much to my surprise the flush comes from the front and down through the bottom.  There was no circulation at all.  So disappointed....  But water definitely drains the other way....  ;)

It's actually an urban legend. While the relative direction and speed of the Earth spinning has a noticeable effect on wind currents and large scale metrics (aka - the coriolis effect), it's so negligible on the scale of a toilet or bathtub to make it irrelevant. Similar to elevation's minor impact on gravity and it's effects on weights and relative time. Other factors such as the way the basin is made, the materials, the curvature, the direction the water comes down, etc. would be exponentially more impacting.

I've never actually been to AUS, but my understanding is that, as you mentioned, the toilet bowls are made in such a way that the water comes straight down and out, as opposed to spinning around the sides like in the US (and elsewhere).

Though urban legend or not, I still like to use it to make fun of Australia  ;). That and the fact that they are all just a bunch of criminals.