Author Topic: another dispute help.  (Read 4705 times)

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
another dispute help.
« on: March 01, 2012, 06:35:33 PM »
sold a poster 3 weeks ago.

poster sent special delivery.

poster delivered, +++ feedback left from buyer.

10 days later i get an email saying he wants to return it as its a little under 27x40. (its the fight club wilding poster)

should i let him retuen it.. hes had it nearly 2 weeks..

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
Re: another dispute help.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 06:39:17 PM »
sold a poster 3 weeks ago.

poster sent special delivery.

poster delivered, +++ feedback left from buyer.

10 days later i get an email saying he wants to return it as its a little under 27x40. (its the fight club wilding poster)

should i let him retuen it.. hes had it nearly 2 weeks..
Did you list it as a wilding?

Stew

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 06:41:51 PM »
yes.

***fight club wilding advance***

its not the fact of him returning it, im not like that ill take a poster back if someones not happy but hes had it 2 weeks and left ++ feedback.

this is my main problem,

"i do believe your a genuine poster dealer / collector and you know your stuff but i really dont feel right about this one, ive done my research also and it seems that know one knows the actual true size or story, and to complicate matters there is no consistency with the sizes, everyone seems to quote completely different measurements and to top it off no one has the official answer , just assumptions."

if you feel this way about the poster why bid on it?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 06:43:30 PM by AmovieMasterpiece »

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 06:44:13 PM »
What was the pos regarding? delivery time,packaging?

Stew

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 06:47:15 PM »
Sorry just noticed your edit..

Tough one..could be a major headache..
why not try a return and refund..if not maybe this is another twerp wanting a freebie....

Stew

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 07:09:47 PM »
As there is nothing wrong with the actual poster, in that he got what he bid for, why not accept the return.
When you get it back in the same condition it was sent, refund the money for the actual poster...postage to them and return to you should be at their cost.

If the mistake was yours, or there was actually a problem with the legitimacy of the poster, I'd be refunding all, and letting them keep it. 
Ves

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 07:13:26 PM »
As there is nothing wrong with the actual poster, in that he got what he bid for, why not accept the return.
When you get it back in the same condition it was sent, refund the money for the actual poster...postage to them and return to you should be at their cost.

If the mistake was yours, or there was actually a problem with the legitimacy of the poster, I'd be refunding all, and letting them keep it. 

its the time frame of it, and the fact hes left positive feedback 11days ago that makes me not want to return it, and the poster is legit it came from dan.

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 07:14:30 PM »
This is why I hate to personally sell anything. Be it on eBay, Craiglist, etc. You always have to deal with crappy buyers (or prospective buyers). In most cases, I just donate stuff to Goodwill and get the tax break. Saves me from having to deal with these headaches.

What does your return policy say? Do they have X amount of days?

It comes down to how badly you (and the buyer) want to fight this. In the end, if the buyer is adamant about returning it, he will get his money back from you one way or the other. It might be better to just bite the bullet and let him return it for a refund, otherwise you might lose out on the poster and the money.

Of course you will still lose out on the eBay listing fees.

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 07:15:53 PM »

its the time frame of it, and the fact hes left positive feedback 11days ago that makes me not want to return it, and the poster is legit it came from dan.

I thought I read somewhere you take returns?  If so, I assumed they were still in that time frame.
Have you given them the details that it is definately legit and where it came from?  Might change their mind.

Also, aren't they able to still file a claim through paypal saying not as described or something?  Dunno, for me, not worth the headache...I'd refund then block

Ves

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 07:20:29 PM »
so when you leave positive feedback on something you can still say "oh wait i dont want this anymore" weeks later.

my ebay listing states NO RETURNS! but i do.. lol

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 07:22:16 PM »
How much money are we talking about here?

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 07:23:14 PM »
£50 its not the money mate, its the way hes gone about it..

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 07:26:09 PM »
nevermind, iv let him return it now.. just said if he buys anything from me in future to not wait weeks..

ozcinemagic

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 07:54:56 PM »
nevermind, iv let him return it now.. just said if he buys anything from me in future to not wait weeks..

Good choice.
Protect your reputation first.
He'll be back in future.  :)