Author Topic: When to escalate a dispute?  (Read 5920 times)

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
When to escalate a dispute?
« on: January 20, 2012, 03:39:30 PM »
I recently bought a poster that to be honest,on delivery I was n`t happy with.
The general condition of the delivered Poster was very different to what was described,just over a month has passed since I bought it.
A fellow forum member has helped me out enormously on this subject.
The seller seems to be a really nice,genuine guy so he will remain anon.

Just as a general guide,how long would you be prepared to wait for a resolution before you escalate?

Stew

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: When to escalate a dispute?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 03:48:51 PM »
I escalate immediately.  I don't have time for shitty sellers to offer their shitty explanations.  You can't provide the product, I want reimbursement.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 03:53:24 PM »
I escalate immediately.  I don't have time for shitty sellers to offer their shitty explanations.  You can't provide the product, I want reimbursement.
Hardball..maybe I should be more demanding ?,something I should consider.
Thanks T

Stew

guest8

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 04:09:58 PM »
Yup, if theres an issue I push it immediately as well .. Either the seller is going to do right by you or they will take advantage and drag their feet in hopes that youll let it go or you mess up and forget and miss the deadline.

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 04:31:10 PM »
Yup, if theres an issue I push it immediately as well .. Either the seller is going to do right by you or they will take advantage and drag their feet in hopes that youll let it go or you mess up and forget and miss the deadline.
The seller gave me 3 options..
A full refund,
Partial refund,
Replacement.
I chose option B.

Only 3 days has passed since I agreed to option B,but in order for me to receive my refund,I have to wait until someone else pays foe their poster before he can afford to refund me....it`s a £10 refund...

Stew

guest8

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 04:42:08 PM »
He cant afford a $15 refund?

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 04:46:51 PM »
He cant afford a $15 refund?
I know,thats more the point,i could understand if it was a $1000 dollar refund....

Stew

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 06:27:37 PM »
I am with T exactly, after being strung out, excuses, enough is enough.

Told the last dope I don't have time nor free money to do work spending any time rectifying his mistake as I spend all available time freelancing earning a living and even that explanation email to him cost me money.

Their mistake, they fix it, they arrange courier to pack and collect their wrongly sent crap.

Sorry, some dealers are nice and do deserve some more time, but you cant learn and judge everyone separately in life, there is no time.

I know it takes time to escalate and less effort to wait... I wouldn't. When you get done enough times, you won't stand for people stealing from you again.

Whether you have options to escalate is another thing I guess. Paying via Paypal sounds one of the best. If you have little effective option you might have to wait and play softly softly, unfortunately. Luckily I have a big stick to wave in my first follow email up (the website to shame which works a treat).

@ $15 bucks he is screwing with you though... Obviously doesn't want you as a customer again. :(

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 06:35:09 PM »
I am with T exactly, after being strung out, excuses, enough is enough.

Told the last dope I don't have time nor free money to do work spending any time rectifying his mistake as I spend all available time freelancing earning a living and even that explanation email to him cost me money.

Their mistake, they fix it, they arrange courier to pack and collect their wrongly sent crap.

Sorry, some dealers are nice and do deserve some more time, but you cant learn and judge everyone separately in life, there is no time.

I know it takes time to escalate and less effort to wait... I wouldn't. When you get done enough times, you won't stand for people stealing from you again.

Whether you have options to escalate is another thing I guess. Paying via Paypal sounds one of the best. If you have little effective option you might have to wait and play softly softly, unfortunately. Luckily I have a big stick to wave in my first follow email up (the website to shame which works a treat).

@ $15 bucks he is screwing with you though... Obviously doesn't want you as a customer again. :(

Another great piece of advice,thanks 50`s....
Its so true,if i walk into "Wall-M***" I dont want to wait until the person behind me pays before I get my refund for faulty goods..

Stew

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 03:39:47 AM »
like Thierry, I have no petience for people who aren't professional
when you have a complaint, it should be handled in a reasonably short time. when it drags on for weeks, I feel as if teh seller is hoping I'll get bored and drop it. Sometimes I don't bother because when it takes more time than the compensation is worth, it's a loser even if I get a refund. Other times I'm pissed off enough to spend way more time than it's worth based on principle.

many fleaBay sellers are not pros, because they're not professional sellers. So they really don't understand how it's supposed to work. We try to make sure that all customers are going to be satisfied, but that doesn't mean the customer is always right! It means I want to be able to pretty much forget the deal once we ship it out. Any time I have to expend on useless issues is foolishness, so I try to make sure it's all done right the first time. But obviously, we are pros over here.

I had an issue with another pro whom I have bought a number of things from. I got a poster and the listing said it was paperbacked. what it didn't say was that it was kraft paper backed which would have told me by itself it was not a professional backing, but a distributor backing with no archival quality. He had a different opinion and it actually took several emails back and forth - which in my opinion was really too much. But we worked it out and Ill buy from him again I'm sure.

lately, I've been getting really miffed at the number of people who have been using shipping costs as a revenue stream. Why is parcel post $10 when it only costs you $2.68?? So why don't you send me back $5 and make it fast if your listing said Priority Mail. NO?? Hey man, I'm not asking a second time - NEGATIVE!

I have definitely left more negs in 2011 than I did in the 5 years previous, so either I've lost my patience (partially true) or I don't want to waste my time (partially true) or you're just an asshole (almost always true).

one of the effects is that in the first six months of 2011, I bought 312 items on ebay. In the following 6 months I bought 87, although I will say that is partly the result of all those damned free listing days which clog up ebay and I don't have time to search 20,000 new listings today when 99.99% of them are garbage I have no interest in. I wish I could leave ebay a neg for that crap.

on your situation Stew.. you're past 30 days and your time was worth more than your trouble. There's no excuse for it. You should have filed 3 weeks ago. Fuck the assholes, with something gigantic so they know you stuffed it up there

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 05:16:02 AM »

on your situation Stew.. you're past 30 days and your time was worth more than your trouble. There's no excuse for it. You should have filed 3 weeks ago. Fuck the assholes, with something gigantic so they know you stuffed it up there

Thanks Rich,
I have just sent a PayPal invoice for the refund..Now that I can`t do anything through E-Bay,hopefully I can still use Pay-Pay to help me get this resolved.

Stew

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 05:20:32 AM »
Stew, your too nice a guy, which is great when it comes to life. Transactions like this you need to be a Twat. I've given out more negatives in the last year than all my previous years on Ebay, which goes to show how things are changing.

Oh, and I for one would like to know who this tosser is...............£10 indeed.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 05:36:33 AM »
Stew, your too nice a guy, which is great when it comes to life. Transactions like this you need to be a Twat. I've given out more negatives in the last year than all my previous years on Ebay, which goes to show how things are changing.

Oh, and I for one would like to know who this tosser is...............£10 indeed.

I may still out the seller,again I will wait for a result through PayPal for a few days.

Stew

• Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 02:48:43 PM »
I've given out more negatives in the last year than all my previous years on Ebay, which goes to show how things are changing.

no surprise that I'm not alone in this

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 02:49:58 PM »
Well the PayPal invoice seemed to do the trick,was paid almost immediately...
The seller shall remain safely Anon...

Thanks for everyones help and advice.. it was most welcome guys

Stew

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 02:56:49 PM »
Well the PayPal invoice seemed to do the trick,was paid almost immediately...
The seller shall remain safely Anon...

Thanks for everyones help and advice.. it was most welcome guys

Stew

Good for you, Stew!
Partial refunds are good.
 clap

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 03:00:59 PM »
It's good to know some people come Good in the end, but still doesn't excuse the aggro up to that point....
It's more than a Hobby...

• Post-aholic
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 03:39:40 PM »
It's good to know some people come Good in the end, but still doesn't excuse the aggro up to that point....

yep.. should be resolved with one or two messages and that's that, move on.

-------