Author Topic: Eastwood Dollars Trilogy Poll  (Read 7758 times)

Charlie

Eastwood Dollars Trilogy Poll
« on: December 21, 2011, 12:11:55 AM »
So I recently bought the Dollars Trilogy on Blu Ray to Replace my Dvds...  And I have to say it was worth the money. However after just now watching For a Few Dollars More again; I am now decided that this was the best one of the three. The sound of the pocket watch w/Blu Ray just sealed it for me. What do you think?

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Eastwood Dollars Trilogy Poll
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 12:24:07 AM »
GBU is just epic.  They are all great but GBU is the classic of the bunch.
Chris

Offline Silence

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 12:26:14 AM »
I would have to say GBU is my favorite

Michael
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 12:38:42 AM by Silence »
MICHAEL

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 12:29:03 AM »
GBU is just epic.  They are all great but GBU is the classic of the bunch.

no question it's the best of the three

thumbup

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 12:54:47 AM »
I just watched all three -- again. I saw them all at theater and umpteen times on VHS and DVD.
I'm done with the first two -- they are from hunger. 
Leone before he knew what he was doing. I don't think I can ever sit through them again.
Clint was okay, but I don't worship him in every movie he made.
On the other hand...THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY (after Sergio got his sea legs) is one of the greatest Westerns ever made.
IMO of course.  wynk

And you, Charlie, should try some of the 'Draculastein' genre. Broaden your horizons, you hater.
You might find something you like.  Start with the originals from 1931 and work your way forward in time.
Actually, start with Murnau's NOSFERATU from '22.  Still my favorite Dracula flick.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 01:41:10 AM »
No questions, GBU for the win.

And Charlie, listen to Uncle Ted. There's some great Draculastein
films out there, don't limit yourself...
It's more than a Hobby...

DreamWarrior

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 01:42:42 AM »
Good, Bad, and the Ugly for sure but I also really enjoy For a Few Dollars More.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 03:34:04 AM »
Once Upon a Time in the West
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Charlie

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 06:51:18 PM »
Well I guess GBU will win...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 06:51:27 PM by Charlie »

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 06:56:35 PM »
Well I guess GBU will win...

As it should. He had a bigger budget to do more of what he wanted to do and he had the other two movies to learn from.

Though I know what schan is saying. I would call GBU and Once Upon A time in the West Leone's 1A and 1B.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 07:31:58 PM »
Though I know what schan is saying. I would call GBU and Once Upon A time in the West Leone's 1A and 1B.

Yuppers.
Two extremely entertaining Western sagas.

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 07:34:11 PM »
GBU for me too...Wallach is fantastic.
Ves

Charlie

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 10:57:02 PM »
OK I just watched GBU again on Blu Ray.  My vote is still on For a Few Dollars More.  I think I understand what you guys are saying but FFDM was so organic and GBU seemed to try too hard...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 11:02:29 PM by Charlie »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 10:59:07 PM »
OK I just watched GBU.  My vote is still on For a Few Dollars More.  I think I understand what you guys are saying but FFDM was so organic and GBU seemed to try too hard...

You should have put this poll up after watching all three.  Your opinion is likely now jaded by the rampant (although in most peoples' opinion justified) support for GBU.  A "virgin" viewing would have been a more pure experience... 
Chris

Charlie

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 10:59:14 PM »
Just saw that Holiday moved this to Movie Talk...  Never noticed it, being the "Movie Talk" thread before...  Sorry for misplacing it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 11:02:46 PM by Charlie »

Charlie

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 11:01:31 PM »
You should have put this poll up after watching all three.  Your opinion is likely now jaded by the rampant (although in most peoples' opinion justified) support for GBU.  A "virgin" viewing would have been a more pure experience... 

I've seen them all before a few times.  But with Blu Ray it is way better.  No hair in the frame etc. and sound...  I never actually put the thought into comparing the three before.  But your probably right; after the poll I may have been looking for excuses to not like it as much as FAFDM...

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2011, 12:35:51 PM »
I've seen them all before a few times.  But with Blu Ray it is way better.  No hair in the frame etc. and sound...  I never actually put the thought into comparing the three before.  But your probably right; after the poll I may have been looking for excuses to not like it as much as FAFDM...

Charlie, don't waiver!!!     moron1

For a Few Dollars More is a better film, IMO.  Gian Volonte' should have received an Oscar nomination for his portrayal of "El Indio."  It was chilling and dead on. Volonte' stole the film from the other actors.  Eli Wallach was good as a bad guy, but more in a comical way.  I never once bought that "ugly" was a lethal killer.  Volonte's performance was is similar to Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lechter in the first Lamb film.  Just plain creepy and sucks you in to where you cannot separate the actor from the character.  

Now, the overall story is more even with the "Good, Bad and the Ugly", but the ending was more satisfying in FAFDM.  I liked the film ending gun fight better, and the little touch of humor where Clint is loading up the dead guys and miscounts the bounty amount.  Plus, I liked the Hunchback character interplay with Van Cleef. The Hunchback guy was perfect type casting.

As far as virgin viewing who knows, I lost my virginity decades ago with this film series.  But, I do know that if I catch a good "El Indio" scene on cable then I am hooked until the end of the movie.  I cannot say the same for GBU, which I can take or leave if I happen to surf my way to it.

Charlie don't let the masses sway you.  I know you can stay strong, otherwise how would you explain all those Stargate posters you have?  ;D

Brian
   Plus you have the hot dead chick in FAFDM.  Who knew there was a website dedicated to morgue scenes?   ...cinemorgue.com

« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 01:31:16 PM by ATLfun »
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.