Author Topic: Heritage no longer accepting Paypal or Credit Cards  (Read 3286 times)

Offline mahmudf

• Hobbyist
Heritage no longer accepting Paypal or Credit Cards
« on: December 11, 2011, 03:13:12 PM »
A friend pointed me to this topic on a comic art forum, can anyone confirm this regarding posters?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5293296#Post5293296

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: Heritage no longer accepting Paypal or Credit Cards
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 03:52:26 PM »
saw that on CGC.. where you can find all kinds of uneducated postings

if the original or subsequent posters had looked deeper into the issue, they would have discovered that this only concerns International buyers.

Of course, it is a response to Heritage getting screwed by International buyers and or another "alleged" episode in the comics arena regarding a known thief who had someone in France pay for his wins to the tune of $45k for comic art that was shipped to him in NYC with the promise that the material would be shipped - along with other items the Frenchman was buying from the thief - to France.

The thief never sent the material to the French buyer and has since been committed to a mental hospital in NYC. This person has a long history of such thievery and the only reason I don't post his name here is because I do not yet have all the facts regarding the issue. But I wills ay that when I heard he was committed and with no expectation that he will ever be released (yeah, he's that far off his rocker) I cracked a bottle of champagne here at the office and had a toast, as he is one of the few people I am very happy to hear of being in such a predicament
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 03:52:43 PM by MoviePosterBid.com »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Bruce

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 05:22:52 PM »
In case any of our buyers are worried, we at eMoviePoster.com continue to accept any form of payment from all our customers, U.S. and non-U.S.

Bruce

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 05:31:47 PM »
Bruce

ask Russ about the situation I posted about.
you will find it to be an entirely entertaining story all-around

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 05:59:11 PM »
The thing I can say about Heritage is that they ship very slow like.

guest4185

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 08:00:52 PM »
Not that i buy off Heritage due to their poor communication and service, costly postage, terrible mistakes etc, but how can overseas bidders buy from them now?

Charlie

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 10:37:55 PM »
Heritage is slowwwwww.... My first buy from November 20 I received yesterday and I haven't even gotten the rolled stuff.  No tracking, no "hey we shipped your shit"..  Limbo...

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 12:55:35 AM »
Heritage is slowwwwww.... My first buy from November 20 I received yesterday and I haven't even gotten the rolled stuff.  No tracking, no "hey we shipped your shit"..  Limbo...

Charlie

if you aren't getting the "shipped & tracking #" email, I suggest there may be something wrong with your settings at Heritage
I get that email for every package they ship & includes what order # it is as well

-------

Offline mahmudf

• Hobbyist
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 05:37:40 AM »
I'm an international buyer and  I feel this is a backward step considering the economic climate we are in, I'm sure they could have put in some other measures to stop this kind of fraud without banning credit card payments and paypal. Does anyone know what percentage their business is from overseas?

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 11:31:20 AM »
I must say I don't buy off them due to inflated prices, and postage. However, I think this is a very bad move on their part, people can go else where for their poster fix...
It's more than a Hobby...

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 12:45:02 PM »
Does anyone know what percentage their business is from overseas?

I'm sure that only Heritage knows this..

-------

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 02:26:17 PM »
A friend pointed me to this topic on a comic art forum, can anyone confirm this regarding posters?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5293296#Post5293296

Wow - didn't know this, must have missed the email.

I have written to them to express my disappointment and to advise it will affect bidding decisions with them.

I choose PayPal as a means of tracking ALL my overseas purchasing in one place, plus if I sell everything I use PayPal too, so as a means of keeping funds in one place is a great and quick option. At a guess I spent over perhaps over $&%##&! this year (damn, just added it up) - I don't care where it goes but I do care how it gets there...if no PayPal then no Heritage I suppose.

At the end of the day what I spent with Heritage adds up to squat in their annual accounts so my protest will unlikely change anything, but as said elsewhere else maybe everyone else will protest in a similar fashion and perhaps they will reconsider their stance.

On a positive note for bidders in the USA - less competition I suppose ;)
David

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 03:24:15 PM »

On a positive note for bidders in the USA - less competition I suppose ;)

I don't know about that.  I may be wrong, but from looking at HA and Emovie recent auctions, I feel like prices are going up.  I see some posters sell for 3 or 4 times what I got them for 5 years ago.  It's good for the $ value of my collection as a whole, but it sucks for the posters I want to get (which I end up not getting because I'm not used to the new prices.)  I look at what they are up too, roll my eyes, and move on.  As a result, I haven't bought anything from Heritage or Emovie in 2 weeks.  So I don't know about the lack of competition.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 03:51:57 PM »
I don't know about that.  I may be wrong, but from looking at HA and Emovie recent auctions, I feel like prices are going up.  I see some posters sell for 3 or 4 times what I got them for 5 years ago.  It's good for the $ value of my collection as a whole, but it sucks for the posters I want to get (which I end up not getting because I'm not used to the new prices.)  I look at what they are up too, roll my eyes, and move on.  As a result, I haven't bought anything from Heritage or Emovie in 2 weeks.  So I don't know about the lack of competition.

T

Maybe the Global Financial Crisis is over for poster collectors?  :)

I dunno, I was bidding on a Breakfast at Tiffany's a few days ago which in the end only went for $2.6K (which craps me off 'cause that's a great price), whereas Bruce sold one for almost twice that a week earlier.
On the other hand another that I was going for was The Lady from Shanghai daybill went for $1.2K last week on emovieposter which I think was maybe a couple hundred over value.

Certainly seems some strange pricing coming through, some you think will go for more don't and vice versa - perhaps it is as they say in the share market, a market correction
David

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 05:52:19 PM »
I have had the following response from Heritage to my email requesting clarification and my protest if information was correct.

-----------Heritage response begins------------

Recently I sent you an email containing the following legend:

Please Note: Starting January 1, 2012, we will no longer be accepting Credit Cards or PayPal as a method of payment. Methods of payment that are accepted will be check, eCheck, bank wire, cashier’s check and money order.

That information was incorrect. It should have read:

Please Note: Starting January 1, 2012, we will no longer be accepting Credit Cards or PayPal as a method of payment for invoices over $2,500. Methods of payment that are accepted for invoices above that amount are check, eCheck, bank wire, cashier’s check and money order.

I apologize for any confusion.

-----------Heritage response ends------------

Although there is simply no logic in removing the most common form of payments from the payment facility it does allow the purchasing window for smaller amounts. I still believe this policy is likely going to be detrimental to their sales as I will certainly think twice now before bidding on something that is over that ceiling price. I will be checking their website in the near future to ensure that information is clearly stated in T&Cs.

Anyway nice to have a response, despite the misspell of the word 'apologize'  ;)
David