Author Topic: Damn You HERITAGE!  (Read 3275 times)

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
Damn You HERITAGE!
« on: October 23, 2011, 11:05:03 PM »
Almost got that Fearless Vampire Poster and when I go to bid they tell me I need to provide a valid credit card!!!  Would have been nice if they had required me to do that when I signed up and not when I'm about to bid!  Needless to say with minutes left I lost out on bidding on that and a couple others I wanted.  What a load of crap...  I guess that was fate telling me I shouldn't spend $400 on a poster...

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: Damn You HERITAGE!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 11:07:10 PM »
Almost got that Fearless Vampire Poster and when I go to bid they tell me I need to provide a valid credit card!!!  Would have been nice if they had required me to do that when I signed up and not when I'm about to bid!  Needless to say with minutes left I lost out on bidding on that and a couple others I wanted.  What a load of crap...  I guess that was fate telling me I shouldn't spend $400 on a poster...

another will come around at Heritage, Bruce, myself or the soon to be birthed movieposterexchange.com at some point
so don't stress about it..

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 11:12:26 PM »
I agree with Rich.  This is a rare poster no doubt, but no so rare that another won't come up after a few months or a year.  Just be patient  :)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 11:18:55 PM »
Yeah, but it sold at a good price.  Lots of stuff sold at a good price tonight.  I'm quite surprised.  The French Horror of Dracula for $3,100, that's good, even though it's linenbacked and not in good condition.  Fearless for $300, that's really good.  Alien for 1k.  The list goes on.

Anyone won anything?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 11:37:47 PM »
I'm more frustrated about not being told I have to provide a credit card until I'm about to bid than I am about not getting the poster.  Although that pre-BP was a nice deal for a linen back one.  Oh well, the thought of having to pay $60+ in buyer commissions was a little sickening, so maybe I scrapped by on not being able to bid.  Heritage's loss.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 11:44:20 PM »
It was linenbacked?  Forget about it.  God was on your side tonight.

And now you know, so you won't make the same mistake when it really matters.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 11:48:31 PM »
It was linenbacked?  Forget about it.  God was on your side tonight.

And now you know, so you won't make the same mistake when it really matters.

T

?... I'm confused so linen backed is bad?  I thought that was a good deal seeing they usually sell for $340 without linen in the same or worse condition.

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 12:09:50 AM »
?... I'm confused so linen backed is bad?  I thought that was a good deal seeing they usually sell for $340 without linen in the same or worse condition.

I don't collect linen, I collect paper
I don't care about folds, as long as they are factory folds
small holes don't bother me none
I don't cares about tears

but as a rule, I do not care, like or frequently use under any conditions mounting & painting

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 12:13:42 AM »
As long as you're talking about pre-70s paper, I agree with you 100% Rich.  Post 70s, I want my stuff near mint.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 12:17:12 AM »

A lot of collectors want paper posters.  If the poster needs work, they will linenback it themselves, knowing its exact condition BEFORE linenbacking.  And as Rich said, a lot of collectors do not care about folds.  They are part of the poster, part of the history of the poster.  You can probably find a mint folded copy of Fearless for $400-500.  I would go with that 1,000% before I even consider a linenbacked copy.

T
My Personal Collection

Charlie

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 12:35:42 AM »
Don't let these guys scare you.  It's personal choice.  I have to say that I really never thought linen backing would impact the overall impression of a posters until I bought and was mesmerized by that Amadeus 2 Fogli I got from Bruce.  Totally amazing linen backed and I have a folded example hanging on the wall with thumbtacks right now to compare it to.  I do think linen backing effects value.  If you look at all the major auction results (unless it is a very fine copy) linen backed examples always bring more for most important titles and especially pre-70s paper. It should also be said that if you linen back shit, it is still shit - like that linen back Star Trek Generation went for $30 - still more than it would go w/o linen backing but it probably cost $100 to have it done.

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 12:54:04 AM »
Don't let these guys scare you.  It's personal choice. 

That's what I figured.  I'm not bent on condition, I was simply interested in it because it was around the same price as a few that had sold previously on emovieposter that weren't linenbacked, and I knew linenbacked cost a $100 or more to do, so I figured it was a pretty good deal.  I don't think I'd personally spend the money to get something linenbacked, but I'm definitely not going to shy away from a poster that is already if the price is relative to those that aren't.

Bruce

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 05:33:29 AM »
If you are talking about the one with partial Frazetta art, we have an unbacked one starting Tuesday (along with lots and lots of other good late 1960s to 1990s titles).

Bruce

• Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 01:01:22 PM »
If you are talking about the one with partial Frazetta art, we have an unbacked one starting Tuesday (along with lots and lots of other good late 1960s to 1990s titles).

Bruce

see.. you didn't have to wait too long for another to pop up

sm1

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 01:49:05 PM »
Yeah, but now he's caught in the headlights of Bruce's advertisement machine.
My Personal Collection

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 05:11:38 PM »
Yeah, but now he's caught in the headlights of Bruce's advertisement machine.

I can wait for another one.  Not a necessity.  Besides I've already moved on to another item Bruce has that I'd rather bid on and it will probably eat the budget I would have spent on the Heritage auction, so in the end everything probably worked out for the better.