Author Topic: cameo auction  (Read 4426 times)

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
cameo auction
« on: September 07, 2011, 11:33:09 AM »
anyone see any of the sales today?

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: cameo auction
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 01:28:08 PM »
anyone see any of the sales today?

who would be watching them sell that load of crap?
they have 4 good posters in teh whole auction
and that's 4 good posters at $200-300 each

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

agentprovocateur

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 02:49:44 PM »
I had a quick look through all the lots... wtf was going on with 90% of all the recent quads in it being folded many times!? Lots of meh titles but most of them looked like they were hand folded, I canna understand any selling!

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 03:03:02 PM »
That's how many Quads are from the days of yore, they are folded an extra time so they can be sent with the F.O.H. Stills, saves on postage. I recon 30/40 % of mine are folded an extra time, as I mostly collect older posters.

Had a brief look through, there's a few reasonable ones, that 7th Voyage of Sinbad / 3 worlds of Gulliver Double bill Don't turn up much, I hope it brought a reasonable price...  It'll be interesting to see what the nightmare on Elm St went for, as they seem to be going for daft prices lately. 
It's more than a Hobby...

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 03:15:53 PM »
it surprises me what schmucks run that auction

they had original folded quads for Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction as well as rolled repros of both and they aren't smart enough to compare them to realize they had 2 repros

Cameo needs some pros.. who they will actually listen too

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 07:21:22 PM »
This was for sale:

« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 07:21:48 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 01:45:27 AM »
I have that already... ;D

movieposterstudio

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 06:33:06 AM »
Hm, looks like Peter Sellers is suffering from a serious body hair problem.

This was for sale:

movieposterstudio

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 06:49:45 AM »
Rich - What made you think those you mention were repros? I didn’t go along this time so wasn’t able to look in person, but didn’t notice anything wrong with the images. (Having said that, in their previous auction I did warn them about a repro PF dictionary advance, where they also had a real one to compare against.)

Agree that they could make things a lot better, particularly for online bidders. Curious turn of phrase to describe some lots as “commercial reprint style”. So does this mean we now have Style A, Style B, and, erm, Style Commercial?! And not really a good idea to take photos of posters in a temporary frame so can’t actually see any edge damage… Shame, as the viewings were actually organized very well the previous time, so I thought things were improving.

Paul - the Nightmare On Elm St went for £220 before commission, and the group with the 7th Voyage Of Sinbad double-bill went for £38 (tho it had a line inked in round the edge).

Best Regards,
Paul

they had original folded quads for Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction as well as rolled repros of both and they aren't smart enough to compare them to realize they had 2 repros

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 11:38:22 AM »
I still think £38 is cheap for that Double bill on it's own. Elm St, £220 getting back towards sensible prices.

Thanks for the info Paul, did you go yourself? I didn't know they had one coming up... 

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 01:39:10 PM »
Rich - What made you think those you mention were repros? I didn’t go along this time so wasn’t able to look in person, but didn’t notice anything wrong with the images. (Having said that, in their previous auction I did warn them about a repro PF dictionary advance, where they also had a real one to compare against.)

for one, they have alot of quads in frames.. all of them fit the frames just fine.. But the rolled Res Dogs doesn't fit the frame.. it's too small

the PF rolled, I could tell by the pic it was a phony.. the fact that there is a folded one to compare the colors made it easier..

-------

movieposterstudio

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 05:46:11 AM »
A lot of Quad double bills are seriously underrated IMO, as you’ve proved with your outstanding collection in the dedicated thread. Somehow they remind me more of the whole cinema-going experience, not just the films themselves.

I wasn’t at the auction, just followed it from the relative safety of my laptop. A few decent items, but not really enough to justify the trip there this time around.

I still think £38 is cheap for that Double bill on it's own. Elm St, £220 getting back towards sensible prices.

Thanks for the info Paul, did you go yourself? I didn't know they had one coming up... 

movieposterstudio

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 05:54:44 AM »
The Reservoir Dogs is in a different frame than the others – looks like the 32x42 Selwyns sleeve that they’ve used in past auctions – so I think that one's the right size. See what you mean about the Pulp Fiction, though, it looks kinda orangey and a bit washed out compared to the other one. But then they seem to struggle with colour consistency across their photos, as can be seen from the differing shades of the blue background they use. Definitely a case where it would pay to check in person. In many ways you and Bruce and Heritage have been spoiling us with your high quality images and bidder-friendly auctions. ;D

Paul

for one, they have alot of quads in frames.. all of them fit the frames just fine.. But the rolled Res Dogs doesn't fit the frame.. it's too small

the PF rolled, I could tell by the pic it was a phony.. the fact that there is a folded one to compare the colors made it easier..

• Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 01:15:41 PM »
In many ways you and Bruce and Heritage have been spoiling us with your high quality images and bidder-friendly auctions. ;D

we aim to please
 sm1

-------

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 01:22:24 PM »
A lot of Quad double bills are seriously underrated IMO, as you’ve proved with your outstanding collection in the dedicated thread. Somehow they remind me more of the whole cinema-going experience, not just the films themselves.

I wasn’t at the auction, just followed it from the relative safety of my laptop. A few decent items, but not really enough to justify the trip there this time around.

Never a truer word said, I love Double bills, as in the days of yore when I was going to the Cinema, there was always two films shown. Not like the Cattle markets of today, get them in and out as soon as....

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 04:46:32 AM »
Damn - I missed this one.

Were there any Bond double bills, per chance?  And if so, which titles?

Cheers.