Author Topic: movieposter.com  (Read 2875 times)

Gimpy

movieposter.com
« on: July 30, 2011, 05:57:58 AM »
I've seen information on emovieposter.com and other variations of the URL but has anyway dealt with just movieposter.com before? There are some on there that I can't find cheaper anywhere else and plus they're Canadian so if they are legit, I wouldn't mind helping out my fellow countryman!
http://ca.movieposter.com

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 05:58:38 AM by Gimpy »

Offline CJ138

• Collector
Re: movieposter.com
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 08:48:31 AM »
I have bought from them on three occassions and have always been happy.
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 09:49:46 AM »
I have bought from them on three occassions and have always been happy.

I am one for one.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 10:41:11 AM »
Yes, movieposter.com is fine generally.  However. I did receive a poster that was in much poorer shape than advertised and they refused to give even a partial refund, so I stopped buying from them.  According to Ed Poole of LAMP, moviestore.com is the successor of a National Screen Service branch in Toronto:

There were 4 Canadian NSS branches. They were regular warehousing branches just like most of the other US branches. 3 of the 4 only had small printing capabilities and that was to print snipes, censorship material and press material. In other words, they received their US posters like a regular NSS warehouse and applied the local censorship snipes on them for distribution. That’s why you normally see the US ratings box covered over. Only one branch had full printing capabilities.. the Montreal branch. And that was because they served a very high French public, so they printed the French versions....

The Canadian branches broke from NSS in 1990. Sol [Candel] tried to turn commercial and later made a deal with Moviegoods to liquidate their material. Sol then retired. His younger sister Shelly ran the Toronto NSS branch and has successfully turned her branch into a commercial warehouse. They go under the name movieposter.com....

treegate

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 12:47:39 AM »
I've seen information on emovieposter.com and other variations of the URL but has anyway dealt with just movieposter.com before? There are some on there that I can't find cheaper anywhere else and plus they're Canadian so if they are legit, I wouldn't mind helping out my fellow countryman!
http://ca.movieposter.com

Thanks.

Curious what the titles are that you can't find cheaper anywhere else?