Movie Posters > Genres

Recalled movie posters

<< < (2/22) > >>

holiday:

--- Quote from: holiday on July 08, 2011, 01:14:05 AM ---It's true that it was recalled, but I don't recall the circumstances.  I bought my copies from Dan Rickard, and I think I have the original recall letter from the studio.  For the life of me, though, I can't recall where it is.  I'll try and dig it up.

--- End quote ---

I can't put my hands on the recall notice, but as I think about it, I believe it was recalled because of a printing issue in the poster - the color in the original version was not correct.  I have both the recalled version and the final version and when I have a chance I'll pull them to find out what the story is.

Dread_Pirate_Mel:
Updates:

Rocky Horror: I always assumed that the Barbie Dolls were used without authorization. I Googled that and several other sellers, including Emovie, are saying or speculating that was the reason, so that's what I'll go with unless somebody says otherwise.

Predator 2: Someone wrote me and said it was withdrawn because the poster says "Christmas" but it was actually released in November, according to IMDB.

Last Castle: FoxNews on Sept 14, 2001, reported that Dreamworks withdrew it because the flag signalled distress, so that's what I'll go with.

Private Ryan: Hopefully it's something more interesting than coloration.  Not much of a story there. Gotta give the people bread and circuses....

Tang Lung in Rome:
Deer Hunter quad.....exclusive to U.K and Italy or did other countries have it as well ?

Dread_Pirate_Mel:
Harry Potter - this poster was supposedly recalled b/c Harry Potter 7 Part 1 was never released in 3d:

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Harry-Potter-and-the-Deathly-Hallows-RECALLED-Movie-Poster/21738698

marklawd:
Heres one I acquired recently - the withdrawn "Amex" style quad for The Great Rock 'N' Roll Swindle from thirty years ago. This is a stock photo. 

It's not hard to understand why American Express sued Virgin - the poster run was ordered to be destroyed and I believe Virgin had to also pay damages of £30,000. In case it's hard to read the three blocks of wording are headed The Artist (The Prostitute), The Business (The Swindle) and The Record Company (The Pimp).

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version