Movie Posters > Genres

Recalled movie posters

<< < (3/22) > >>

kovacs01:

--- Quote from: Tang Lung in Rome on July 08, 2011, 03:19:44 PM ---Deer Hunter quad.....exclusive to U.K and Italy or did other countries have it as well ?

--- End quote ---

Argentina also that I know of.

holiday:
Thierry might be able to dig up that information on private ryan.  He has some older printouts from Dan Rickard's old website, not the authentication one, when Dan used to sell a lot.

archie leach:

--- Quote from: erik1925 on July 08, 2011, 01:56:15 PM ---The SAVING PRIVATE RYAN poster shown in that ebay ad is the DS International OS. 

Bruce last sold one in August 2010, for  $22.00.

And here is the current ebay "recall" copy (they look identical, IMO; both are 27x40, contain the same text, lack a ratings box and NSS information, are DS and rolled.):
--- End quote ---
This goes a little off-topic, but is a good thing to point out here.  Just because a poster doesn't have a ratings box or NSS does not make it an international version.  Usually, it just means that the film hasn't been rated by the MPAA by the time the posters get printed.

So for a standard Adv/Regular campaign, 99%+ of the time you will have some combination of the following:
1. Adv (no rating), Reg (rating) - the standard approach
2. Adv (rating), Reg (rating) - the MPAA got their grubby mitts on the flick well before release
3. Adv (no rating), Reg (no rating), Reg (rating) - a common occurrence for bigger pictures, meaning that the MPAA got the pic at the last minute (Indy Jones and the Chrystal Skull was like this)
4. Adv (no rating), Adv (rating), Reg (rating) - somewhat unusual in that the studios would normally just wait until printing the regular to add the rating, but if they are fixing anything else or printing another run on the poster they might as well throw it on.

All of these posters are U.S. posters and not 'internationals'.

The company/studio credits can be helpful in determining a true 'international'.  Though, I would guess that, at times, they are indistinguishable.

I don't have any particular info on the Saving Private Ryan, so I can't speak to that aspect of it.

Dread_Pirate_Mel:
OK MPC is updated and corrected.  Still need to add:

Little Mermaid
Friday the 13th NY

NS4 has an old "Recalled" thread as well as - dare I utter the name! - MPF.

110x75:

--- Quote from: kovacs01 on July 08, 2011, 08:11:06 PM ---Argentina also that I know of.

--- End quote ---

Oh yes:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version